CWR v. Reading (1 Viewer)

Dickie

Just catching up on post match coverage on CWR - award winning broadcasting right there! šŸ¤£

And the first 2 callers, what were they on šŸ¤¦šŸ»
Ā 

Briles

Would be a much better programme if they spoke to people who were actually at games. You know, to truly reflect on it.

ā€œI listened to commentary, I wasnā€™t thereā€. No Nick from Birmingham, you never are.

Nick who phones in is a wum/troll I dont know how they havent clocked yet
Ā 

13th_choice_seamer

Nick who phones in is a wum/troll I dont know how they havent clocked yet
They probably have so few callers they have no choice but to put him on.

I always thought that 606 should have a rule where they only take calls from people who'd attended games they were calling to talk about. Too often you get Man U or Liverpool fans from Kent giving it the expert view, despite clearly not having been to the game.
Ā 

clint van damme

Would be a much better programme if they spoke to people who were actually at games. You know, to truly reflect on it.

ā€œI listened to commentary, I wasnā€™t thereā€. No Nick from Birmingham, you never are.

Not too bothered about people not being at the game but half of them clearly haven't watched it or even listened to it. How on earth can they have any sort of valid opinion on it?
Ā 

Dickie

The first caller Andy was at the game, slagged off Rose, then went on to say Rose might have made us draw or lose the game (err Andy, he scored), said Fadz should have started. Then he said how well Rose did against Southampton. So by Andyā€™s logic, Rose did well against Southampton, then should be dropped as a reward?

Thankfully, more sane callers then came on who said no complaints, not a top performance but we won and scored 3 goals away. We could have easily played well and scored no goals and lost. But by then the line had dropped again and Oggy couldnā€™t respond šŸ¤£
Ā 
Reactions: vow

Dickie

I always thought that 606 should have a rule where they only take calls from people who'd attended games they were calling to talk about. Too often you get Man U or Liverpool fans from Kent giving it the expert view, despite clearly not having been to the game.

Half the time you wonder whether they havenā€™t even been screened.

Ohhh I hate that on 606, when they speak to Irish or Cockney Liverpool and Man Utd fans - ā€˜weā€™ this and ā€˜youā€™ that. So annoying
Ā 

DannyThomas_1981

'Who needs CWR when we've got SBT'

Seriously haven't listened to the phone in for years - kind of redundant with the fan sites.
Ā 

13th_choice_seamer

I'd bin off the phone in and just find something else to fill the time when they're waiting to interview Robins.

Me too. The views of randomers are of no more value than any other fan. I'd much rather listen to an ex-pro analysing what's happened. It's a bit like watching the news when they interview Brenda from Bristol in the street whilst the political editor, who knows what's actually going on, is sitting in the studio kicking their heels.

Ohhh I hate that on 606, when they speak to Irish or Cockney Liverpool and Man Utd fans - ā€˜weā€™ this and ā€˜youā€™ that. So annoying

When I lived in Middlesex I knew fella who was always going on about his love of Man United. When I asked him how often he went to OT, he was like "Oh I've never been of course, I'd love to go". It was a bit like Alan Partridge and the Irish. He did go in the end...for the stadium tour, said it was "my dream come true".
Ā 

FulltimeWum

Only people who live in CV2 and CV3 should go on CWR?
Ā 

Grendel

I don't get why they even let him on.. he gives his analysis without going to games or even watching or listening to them.

Plus he's a brummy.

I think he might be Danny Thomas
Ā 

junglej13

Highlight of Clive's commentary is when he said their equaliser which made it 2-2 had hit the side netting. Took him about a couple of seconds and their players running off celebrating to correct himself.
Ā 

AOM

I think Nick on CWR is actually one of the more sane callers.
One guy last Friday said he didn't like Sheaf or McFadzean, we should revert to 4-4-2 and Jodi Jones is the clubs best striker.

I don't think most of the callers are on the windup either
Ā 

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Not too bothered about people not being at the game but half of them clearly haven't watched it or even listened to it. How on earth can they have any sort of valid opinion on it?

Itā€™s becoming a joke mate, itā€™s like applying to be a Top Gear presenter with no driving license.

I donā€™t criticise Nick for his accent or his background that has led to him supporting us. I criticise him for making recommendations on player selections, formations and the game itself when he hasnā€™t absorbed the game in any form whatsoever. How on Earth can you reflect on the game from the Skysports News App commentary? If heā€™s so busy with work why is he always available just after the final whistle to ramble on CWR for 20 minutes?!

Radio 1 wouldnā€™t have film reviewers on that hadnā€™t bothered to watch the film so why does CWR put on callers that havenā€™t watched the game?
Ā 

Finham

This is the problem. People who have been on in the past have said they get called up and asked to come on again as they're short on callers. I'd bin off the phone in and just find something else to fill the time when they're waiting to interview Robins.
Get Clive to play some music. Last time I heard him doing that, he put the new Erasure record on and afterwards exclaimed "they've still got it, haven't they?!" Vintage Partridge.

Tbf though, I do still get it in my head now and again.
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread