CWR tonight (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

They said that we’ve already agreed a ground share but it’s not the preferred one, that’s still in discussion and it’s not Birmingham

usskyblue

It’s northampton again

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

quinn1971

It’s not the other 4, Walsall didn’t want us last time, they won’t want cov fans in Birmingham on the same day all the other clubs are playing, won’t be MK dons ( nice ground though ) that leaves Northampton...it’s all been done before ready to go

RoboCCFC90

They said that we’ve already agreed a ground share but it’s not the preferred one, that’s still in discussion and it’s not Birmingham

When you say “they” do you mean CCFC or CWR?

cc84cov

Been agreed a long time I would imagine regardless of what they tell us been saying this weeks.

Liquid Gold

I hope it isn’t Burton. After all the revelations of the last few weeks I’m ready renew my season ticket but that is too far apart from the occasional game.

block16

If it’s burton or Northampton I worry the tide will turn against the club big style which only damages us in this battle against London franchise and council

Magwitch

Either will, there is a bit of que sera sera on here but I don’t think it’s reflected generally with supporters who don’t do websites etc and I haven’t found many who will go anywhere out of Cov and will wash their hands with the club until it’s back in Coventry, which could be a long time.

Nick

Administrator
Either will, there is a bit of que sera sera on here but I don’t think it’s reflected generally with supporters who don’t do websites etc and I haven’t found many who will go anywhere out of Cov and will wash their hands with the club until it’s back in Coventry, which could be a long time.
Where have you been looking, out of interest?

Magwitch

Talking generally at work a mixture of supporters some go regular some now and again admittedly there’s only one who went to Northampton last time so they will be treading a similar path.

Sick Boy

They should turn their attention towards the council and the London rugby club currently in the city then.

Sick Boy

Probably, but a lot of fans don’t, most in fact and deal with the here and now.

Their impact upon the club started a while ago but it is in the here and now and if they had their way would carry on long into the future.

They are direct competition to CCFC and is better for them if we play second fiddle, and have limited success.

The franchise moving into the city and the council’s part in it will have long, long repercussions for us, even long after SISU are gone.

Captain Dart

So what are peoples estimates of crowds at Northampton (or wherever) should there be a groundshare?

Tim's estimate of 7k if doing well might actually be accurate next season!

My guess is 5000 in the first season (more if promotion is on the cards) but falling in subsequent seasons towards 3000.

cc84cov

So what are peoples estimates of crowds at Northampton (or wherever) should there be a groundshare?

My guess is 5000 in the first season (more if promotion is on the cards) but falling in subsequent seasons towards 3000.
I certainly won’t be going there mate no chance

Forever_Blue

Northampton or Burton would be a complete joke and an embarrassment to the club. Most fans will stay away imo. Personally I’d prefer Nuneaton or Rugby with temporary stands, at least its within the vicinity of the City.
End of the day, if the council agree to the Woodlands plans, then we’ll see if SISU stick to their word and drop the legals, enabling us to stay at the Ricoh. That would be the perfect outcome in all of this.

Magwitch

I could go back historically years where our CCC have blocked our club on a number of issues including re-building HR simply because it would alter a road, Thackell Street. If that had got the okay we would still be there and what you say about the franchise I don’t disagree with but at the moment for us it’s the here and now surely.

Sick Boy

Northampton or Burton would be a complete joke and an embarrassment to the club. Most fans will stay away imo. Personally I’d prefer Nuneaton or Rugby with temporary stands, at least its within the vicinity of the City.
End of the day, if the council agree to the Woodlands plans, then we’ll see if SISU stick to their word and drop the legals, enabling us to stay at the Ricoh. That would be the perfect outcome in all of this.

There’s no way the council are going to agree, they’ve taken advantage of our club for years now.

Sick Boy

I could go back historically years where our CCC have blocked our club on a number of issues including re-building HR simply because it would alter a road, Thackell Street. If that had got the okay we would still be there and what you say about the franchise I don’t disagree with but at the moment for us it’s the here and now surely.

I want our club to be successful, at the moment, even long after SISU, we are going to be at a disadvantage and forever have a glass ceiling above us with the current situation.

Magwitch

Personally I think that’s very optimistic, after the initial first couple of games I would say 3000 home fans if we are lucky. I don’t know anyone who has said they will go.

Grendel

Personally I think that’s very optimistic, after the initial first couple of games I would say 3000 home fans if we are lucky. I don’t know anyone who has said they will go.

I went twice last time. I’d get a season ticket this time

Sky Blue Pete

No chance 2000 tops and not me

skybluegod

If it's Northampton I'll get a season ticket. It's quicker for me to get to and from six fields than the Ricoh. Also will be a lot cheaper as free parking.

Burton I won't do as that is a bit too far out of the way.

Rugby/Nuneaton I would consider but don't see them happening.

Covkid1968#

If we move away we may never come back

I would then have to question if they would be representing my City anymore.... and the answer would be no.

They would mean nothing to me and I would put my energy and money into some other team that does represent it

I’m only a supporter because it’s associated with Coventry...

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t give a shit about the club then Pete? Rather see it die?
The reality of having a family and not being able to afford a whole day every other week. Gutted. I know you know that me and my lad are very passionate about our home town club

Magwitch

If it's Northampton I'll get a season ticket. It's quicker for me to get to and from six fields than the Ricoh. Also will be a lot cheaper as free parking.

Burton I won't do as that is a bit too far out of the way.

Rugby/Nuneaton I would consider but don't see them happening.
And that illustrates what I think will happen imo. Our home gate is up to around 10k now, took a while to get there but it has and slowly increasing, it will plummet elsewhere, I think at Burton it’s less than 5k home fans.

usskyblue

I don’t understand the people that won’t go out of principle. What principle applies here, when it’s the lack of principles of high ranking officials that’s pushed the club to the edge ?

Given the understanding that SISU aren’t selling, all these ‘supporters’ are doing is what the council seemingly wants... to push the club toward extinction.

Users who are viewing this thread