CWR tonight (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Sorry, but when was he ever a good manager? I'm not demanding that he is sacked but looking back over his time with us, his purple patch aside (with Clarke and Wilson at his disposal for 3 months), what has he actually achieved? We granted him a grace period when he took over from Robins which went poorly, we had the 10 point deduction and debacle surrounding the move to shitfields during which - credit to him - he stood by us but Jamuary onwards was awful and we dropped like a lead balloon. we have pretty much continued that form into this season. Piss poor signings, players being brought in to play as wingers now playing in a feeble 3 man midfield and decent strikers who he isn't getting the best out of.

Also, if you're talking about initiating playing in the same way from youth through to the 1st team, you don't change the fucking formation every other week.

Of course Waggott is going to try and save face..he was the one crowing from the rooftops about what a fantastic job he was doing. Here have a 4 year contract for achieving nothing. I think they all got a bit carried away in the Ricoh return hysteria I'm afraid.

Most sensible thing anyone has ever said on Sky Blues Talk tbh.

quinn1971

Give Pressley some credit, we started the season pretty well, we were 3 points off top before the Scunthorpe game, we lost nouble and Johnson and then we struggled, their first game back and we beat peterborough ( 2nd in the league ) if we can keep them fit and here that's not a bad squad in this league, add madine to that and we should be a top six team at least, give him time,

Roger Mellie

The problem with our loan signings is quite apparent. It's easy to get a 'poor' out of favour player, where the parent club is willing to pay the wages, as any shop window is better than none at all. Where a better quality player is available, there will be wage demands which quite likely will be outside out budget and/or FFP position.

gary_ccfcforever

lets be honest we havn't played well for a full 90 minutes in a league game probably all year. I am yet to see anything from Pressley to make me think he is anything but mediocre, our away form is particularly concerning, and the fact that we have what 6 strikers and only 2 central midfelders is frankly an absolute joke. Our midfield was over-run last season and desperately needed addressing and yet Pressley came out and said it was fine? We finally sign two orthodox wingers and decide to shoe horn them into central midfield roles. A 4 Year deal is stupidity from our car crash of a management team.

James Smith

I wonder if it is the same as the "This player won't be sold", which usually means he will go the next week.

Is that possibly because he's signed a four year contract and it would be too expensive to get out of it?

Roger Mellie

Yep-we've not got the players to play with genuine wing-backs and we lack a hard midfield ball winner. My criticism of SP (and I appreciate his constraints) is that it takes him too long to see a system doesn't work. Last season was a case in point where, around Christmas, the high press left so much room behind the back four, which was readily exploited by opponents. It took goodness knows how long to change the wing back system to something more orthodox that suits our current personnel, and even then I worry that the second half against Peterborough was half adrenaline and half total bollocking. Time will tell.

LJC_CCFC

lets be honest we havn't played well for a full 90 minutes in a league game probably all year. I am yet to see anything from Pressley to make me think he is anything but mediocre, our away form is particularly concerning, and the fact that we have what 6 strikers and only 2 central midfelders is frankly an absolute joke. Our midfield was over-run last season and desperately needed addressing and yet Pressley came out and said it was fine? We finally sign two orthodox wingers and decide to shoe horn them into central midfield roles. A 4 Year deal is stupidity from our car crash of a management team.

Second most sensible thing anyone has ever said on Sky Blues Talk tbh.

LJC_CCFC

Yep-we've not got the players to play with genuine wing-backs and we lack a hard midfield ball winner. My criticism of SP (and I appreciate his constraints) is that it takes him too long to see a system doesn't work. Last season was a case in point where, around Christmas, the high press left so much room behind the back four, which was readily exploited by opponents. It took goodness knows how long to change the wing back system to something more orthodox that suits our current personnel, and even then I worry that the second half against Peterborough was half adrenaline and half total bollocking. Time will tell.

The third most sensible thing anyone has ever said on Sky Blues Talk tbh.

quinn1971

The 2nd half against peterborough was down to the manager, wer'e all quick enough to blame him when we lose, but then don't give him the credit when we win, the amount of pressure that was put on him for that game was huge, get the feeling alot of fans wanted us to lose that game just to give Pressley some stick, some of the comments I heard from so called fans at half time was embarrassing, hes here for a long time, why not get behind him and give him a chance

Kingokings204

The 2nd half against peterborough was down to the manager, wer'e all quick enough to blame him when we lose, but then don't give him the credit when we win, the amount of pressure that was put on him for that game was huge, get the feeling alot of fans wanted us to lose that game just to give Pressley some stick, some of the comments I heard from so called fans at half time was embarrassing, hes here for a long time, why not get behind him and give him a chance

4th most sensible post

Users who are viewing this thread