CWR tonight (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Waggot, absolutely no chance of any change of manager... :wave:

The product on the pitch will determine the amount of people who want to come with us.. - no shit sherlock!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The product on the pitch will determine the amount of people who want to come with us.. - no shit sherlock!
They say that now, although if in January/February we're bottom of the league are they just going to do nothing and let Pressley take us down.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if it is the same as the "This player won't be sold", which usually means he will go the next week.

RFC

This club has got to change, history tells us that the "revolving door policy" previously not only doesn't work and never will IMHO.

We need to plan longer term and give whoevers in charge time to get us playing the same way from the U18's & U21's to the first team and we should also not forget what he did last season when we started with a 10 point deduction!

You don't suddenly become a 'bad manager', time to stick together and get behind Steven Pressley & his Players.

PUSB!

SkyBlue_Bear83

This club has got to change, history tells us that the "revolving door policy" previously not only doesn't work and never will IMHO.

We need to plan longer term and give whoevers in charge time to get us playing the same way from the U18's & U21's to the first team and we should also not forget what he did last season when we started with a 10 point deduction!

You don't suddenly become a 'bad manager', time to stick together and get behind Steven Pressley & his Players.

PUSB!

It's easy to manage when you have the best strikers in the league, if Pressley could set up a defence even half competently we'd have been close to the play offs even with -10

stupot07

It's easy to manage when you have the best strikers in the league, if Pressley could set up a defence even half competently we'd have been close to the play offs even with -10

Not with our powderpuff midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

PUSB!

Never liked an RFC post before.
However if your first team can't play the system. Change the system on the first team until you acquire the players who can

Last edited:

ccfcway

about the same chance as us returning to the Ricoh then ?

:wave:

Samo

PUSB!

The problem is he's never proved he's a good one.

stupot07

Some of the comments are pathetic, asking why we haven't got out and spent 1 million pounds on buying players

They obviously don't know the FFP rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

NorthernWisdom

Was he ever a 'good' manager?

tbf first half of last season, with all the turmoil and chaos, would have been easy for the team to wither up and die, and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Not only did he get us winning despite the chaos, but it was with scintillating attacking football we haven't seen in years.

Just a shame hardly anyone got to see most of it!

It's hard to tell though isn't it, let's be honest. Pretty sure a replacement would see a bounce from current form, but not convinced it halts the long term decline.

And if it doesn't, then you may as well let him see whether his plan really is any good in the long term or not.

fernandopartridge

Also on the show: Jack Griffin explains why he's more interested in SISU than the actual action on the pitch. He also talks about his collection of council meeting minutes.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

PUSB!

I see we have another plonker who thinks that what we are getting is stability. Please tell me where the point is of training your young players to play a certain way only to sell the best ones and cut the ones loose who you don't think will make the grade. Throw in the fact that any other decent older player you have will be sold off and the ones who the club think are earning too much will go to. Tell me how stable that will make us? you see for that to happen you have to keep that model going only if you have a long term plan, the proper funds from the foundations up and the knowledge to see it through. Sisu/Otium don't which is why we keep going from one disaster to another. What they are doing is not creating a stable club, throw in the strong possibility of relegation and fewer people through the door and what are you left with? Couple that with a manager that is now proving to either be clueless or just too stubborn (seems to have caught that trait from Fisher) to see the woods for the trees. Clearly the current system isn't working, for it to work you have to have the right players and having had 3 windows and to be where we are shows to me that he is clueless. An example of 3-5-2 not working was Van Gaal, reverted back to what the players know best and an upturn in results. What scares me is that Sisu with Pressley and where that partnership will take us.

Terry Gibson's perm

They obviously don't know the FFP rules.

These rules?

There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.

But I do accept we probably couldn't afford to pay the wages of 1 million players.

Wow the punishment is transfer embargo.

Gazolba

But he was the one that got them playing well together! And I'm sure it wasn't his decision that they would go. he said he wanted to hold onto Wilson.

stupot07

These rules?

There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.

But I do accept we probably couldn't afford to pay the wages of 1 million players.

Wow the punishment is transfer embargo.

they must have changed the rules then. Swindon got put in a transfer embargo mid season because fee's and wages were higher than the limit after the tribunal set James Collins and a.n.other fee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19857015

Terry Gibson's perm

they must have changed the rules then. Swindon got put in a transfer embargo mid season because fee's and wages were higher than the limit after the tribunal set James Collins and a.n.other fee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19857015

I honestly don't know if anything has changed but you know what these people at the football league are like they tend to change things to suit themselves.

Gazolba

Isn't the major flaw there that you've already got the players? They don't do anything to make you move under the limit do they?

With the way the team has been playing, I believe a good lawyer could make a case that they don't fit the legal definition of 'players', perhaps 'ramblers or 'bystanders' would be more appropriate.

skybluepm2

PUSB!

Sorry, but when was he ever a good manager? I'm not demanding that he is sacked but looking back over his time with us, his purple patch aside (with Clarke and Wilson at his disposal for 3 months), what has he actually achieved? We granted him a grace period when he took over from Robins which went poorly, we had the 10 point deduction and debacle surrounding the move to shitfields during which - credit to him - he stood by us but Jamuary onwards was awful and we dropped like a lead balloon. we have pretty much continued that form into this season. Piss poor signings, players being brought in to play as wingers now playing in a feeble 3 man midfield and decent strikers who he isn't getting the best out of.

Also, if you're talking about initiating playing in the same way from youth through to the 1st team, you don't change the fucking formation every other week.

Of course Waggott is going to try and save face..he was the one crowing from the rooftops about what a fantastic job he was doing. Here have a 4 year contract for achieving nothing. I think they all got a bit carried away in the Ricoh return hysteria I'm afraid.

wince

sorry, but when was he ever a good manager? I'm not demanding that he is sacked but looking back over his time with us, his purple patch aside (with clarke and wilson at his disposal for 3 months), what has he actually achieved? We granted him a grace period when he took over from robins which went poorly, we had the 10 point deduction and debacle surrounding the move to shitfields during which - credit to him - he stood by us but jamuary onwards was awful and we dropped like a lead balloon. We have pretty much continued that form into this season. Piss poor signings, players being brought in to play as wingers now playing in a feeble 3 man midfield and decent strikers who he isn't getting the best out of.

Also, if you're talking about initiating playing in the same way from youth through to the 1st team, you don't change the fucking formation every other week.

Of course waggott is going to try and save face..he was the one crowing from the rooftops about what a fantastic job he was doing. Here have a 4 year contract for achieving nothing. I think they all got a bit carried away in the ricoh return hysteria i'm afraid
top post

stupot07

We do know that player sales and Arsenal Revenue are included in this though.

Correct, although the arsenal money was last season's turnover. Wilson's will be part of this years revenue, and thus 60% will be funding the wage bill, signing on fees/loan fees, agents fees.

mighty quinn

PUSB!
We had much better players last year .that's the problem.

RegTheDonk

Yes, nice to hear him, sound bloke from what I know.

Perhaps we should arrange some donations so he could secure that Tommy Hutch goal. £300 from ITV I believe?

wingy

Yes, nice to hear him, sound bloke from what I know.

Perhaps we should arrange some donations so he could secure that Tommy Hutch goal. £300 from ITV I believe?

Agreed Reg ,strange though ,I thought I heard £200 ,you running the Collection per chance ?;):thinking about::(

Users who are viewing this thread