CWR tonight (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't know why so many people who don't go to the games get air time. I wonder if they just pick the same ones every week.

Do not many people call up so they have to settle with the people who don't go?

skyblueman

Skyblueupnorth/skyblueman, don't post much but felt someone had to defend Ron Farmer. Apologies for coming across as a 'keyboard warrior.' But the stuff about Farmer was out of order. Ron Farmer is a very decent bloke into the bargain, had one or two encounters with him when he coached kids teams years ago. Shame I was at game as I would have liked to have heard him!

No worries Snoz... I was only having a bit of fun .. like your passion and agree 100% with you on Ron

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Think I can understand where Paxman is coming from, he isnt saying it will be easy(well actually he is but i think there is more to what he says), isnt saying we should win every game, but if we accept a mediocre standard then thats what we will achieve.

By League 1 standards.........

we have the best facilities bar none
we have better crowds than most
we have potentially a better squad than most
we are able to pay better wages than most and attract better players because of it
we have better training facilities than most other clubs (if not all) in the division
we have a bigger squad than most
we have a better academy set up than nearly all

what we need is the results and success ............ we have, despite a lot of off field stuff, a lot going for the team

we should not set up for mediocrity in this division, as fans we shouldnt accept that. No game is easy but we should have a resolute confidence and desire in achieving a result. Setting our standards too low or accepting mediocre performance is not going to achieve the results. We, the management, the players, have to instill high standards and confidence into the team to get out of this League. We shouldnt fear anyone, we should go out expecting to win and knowing how to, only accept being beaten by a better side on the day. A little controlled arrogance and self belief is a positive.

None of that guarantees us success but it will gain us more than accepting mediocrity. For far too long we have accepted the mediocre in everything at CCFC - time to set standards higher for all involved

I was just about to say this very thing - word for word, but as usual, you beat me to it! :whistle:

TheSnoz

Oldskyblue58, what you've written should be the Sky Blue manifesto for this season. Absolutely spot on. And like Houchen's Head I was just about to write what you said word for word!

Otis

Oldskyblue58, what you've written should be the Sky Blue manifesto for this season. Absolutely spot on. And like Houchen's Head I was just about to write what you said word for word!

I was just about to say what Snoz said about Houchen's Head, which was what Houchen's Head was just about to say about Old Skyblue58, which was that he just about to say what Oldskyblue58 said.

Unfortunately I have now forgotten what that was.

Users who are viewing this thread