CWR Tonight (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Plenty of food for thought from that Steve Waggot (sp?) interview. At least he sounds like he knows football. He was doing really well until he answered a question about Keogh by saying that "Negotiations have started with Martin, he's a model pro and we're very keen to keep him beyond his current contract" :facepalm:

He sounds like a Geordie, and a different breed of character entirely to Ken: I wonder, does he know Thorn and Ranson from before :thinking about:

The players not in the side who they are keen to loan out must surely be Eastwood, Jeffers and ROD: obviously McPake came under that heading too. I can't think of anyone else? Wood only misses games when injured, which is mostly.

Nonleagueherewecome

It was so positive it was almost unbelievable. Caller straight after was right to point out they have hardly "invested" this window, though: certainly no danger of spending the Juke free on a free transfer and a cheap/free loan! I just don't get why they didn't try and do it on the cheap, rather than for nothing, sooner. It probably needed a man like Waggott instead of Ken to grasp what was the bare minimum needed. By all accounts, other clubs loathed dealing with Ken!

The fan of the week is a legend. Could'nt place him then the penny dropped, shame the sound system at HR was not as good as his voice LOL.

Big shout to Clive though this week for playing the interview with Alex who was clearly the secret voice of the week. The interview clip started with "So Alex"! LOL Priceless.

AFCCOVENTRY

If Waggot was here from the start of the season rather than Ken Deluded... would we be in this mess?

I mean how much did Ken actually screw us up? He knows nothing about footy.

It's kind of frustrating.

Disenchanted

Excuse my ignorance but who is Steve Waggot?:confused:

Didge76

Thought it was sh*t as per usual that is apart from Highfield road Jim and the interview with Waggot. Clive is so boring it's untrue and talks a load of crap, the sooner they get rid of him the better. Geoff Foster is way better and a cov fan.

J

Jack Griffin

If Waggot was here from the start of the season rather than Ken Deluded... would we be in this mess?

I mean how much did Ken actually screw us up? He knows nothing about footy.

It's kind of frustrating.

In a previous post, before the KD benchgate episode, I expressed the opinion KD was a hatchet man brought in to radically cut costs & his successor would be able to spend a bit of money to turn opinion in SISU's favour. I thought the time frame would be longer with a new man in for next season, but I still think I'm not to far off the mark there.

Waggot is a football finance man brought in to sort out players contracts & transfers, he formerly worked with Fisher at Charlton.

Gaz

Haha Thought the same myself.
What a plonka :)

The fan of the week is a legend. Could'nt place him then the penny dropped, shame the sound system at HR was not as good as his voice LOL.

Big shout to Clive though this week for playing the interview with Alex who was clearly the secret voice of the week. The interview clip started with "So Alex"! LOL Priceless.

shmmeee

In a previous post, before the KD benchgate episode, I expressed the opinion KD was a hatchet man brought in to radically cut costs & his successor would be able to spend a bit of money to turn opinion in SISU's favour. I thought the time frame would be longer with a new man in for next season, but I still think I'm not to far off the mark there.

Waggot is a football finance man brought in to sort out players contracts & transfers, he formerly worked with Fisher at Charlton.

Sounds like a reasonable theory. Bit like how the Tories front load all their cuts so they can offer tax breaks in time for the election.

I'd imagine if we are after another striker then 2 more will go either on loan or free.

Correct me of I'm wrong but after the window shuts isnt it 2 weeks till the loan window opens and then we can only get players for 93 days, would that take us to the end of the season?

Would hate for us to get some Henderson style superstar then he goes back before the run in.

georgehudson

did either jayden stockley or steven gregory play ?
no, just checked & answered my own question....
ho hum

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Just listened to replay, it was good stuff & Waggott comes across well, he's only here till end Jan as things stand but he is a Football man as well as a Contacts man, i.e. not like Ken Delieu.

Lord_Nampil

Just listened to replay, it was good stuff & Waggott comes across well, he's only here till end Jan as things stand but he is a Football man as well as a Contacts man, i.e. not like Ken Delieu.
If only they got him in over the summer! Would we be in such a mess??

Users who are viewing this thread