Cwr this morning (1 Viewer)

Maupet

On shane oconnor this morning marc labovits said the council want the judicial review put back until after the election. Why do you think that is

RoboCCFC90

Go through with it and get it over with don't put it back, set the truth free!

Noggin

Didn't they ask for it to be as quick as possible? if this were true they would deserve heavy criticism, it doesn't even sound like it should be allowed, Labovich though isn't known for his honesty.

Also when is the election?, have sisu said we want it on x date and the council said no thats a week before the election when its really inconvenient, please move it a couple of weeks. That would be perfectly reasonable and it would be what I'd expect from sisu, to have requested it at a time innconvient for the opposition and allowing them to look really bad if they try to move it.

Please tell me cwr delved deeper and asked the important questions?

The Penguin

PARTY TO LEGAL BATTLE SEEKS LESS INCONVENIENT TIME TO HOLD LEGAL PROCEEDINGS SHOCK

Seems to me like someone is, once again, seeking to stir a hornet's nest.

RoboCCFC90

BREAKING: ACL appoints new chairman as Nicholas Carter retires and council chief Martin Reeves steps down. Could this be a light I wonder?

Astute

Maybe AL knows too much of what is going on and could pull them to bits in court. She has said she can't see ACL/CCC losing the case. Would they wait until after elections hoping there will be a new leader and also hope that person would be the one in court?

We need PWKH, AL, Joy and anyone else from SISU to be there minimum. Not someone that don't know what has been going on.

Noggin

Also this appears to be labovich wanting people to believe that the council a trying to wait until a point when they might not be there to get away with something. Isn't it the case though that Labour are the current council and there is zero chance of anyone but labour winning the election?

Edit - googled it, labour got twice the votes of the conservatives in the 2012 election, so almost no chance of conservatives winning this time.

Last edited:

Noggin

It also turns out the government (not the council) have just asked to move the council elections to 3 weeks later from the 1st thursday in may to the 22nd of may. This is just happening at the moment so could easily be why the council asked for a different JR date if they have done so.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Nick Carter retired as a director of ACL 15th November 2013.

I thought both sides wanted to delay the hearing? Original reports said the Council Barrister had pushed for the hearing to be fast tracked but both sides then accepted later. Isn't it set for mid June ?

I can see why the Council would want after May elections ...... aren't they legally bound to stay quiet as a council (perdor?) during election campaigns?

fernandopartridge

Nick Carter retired as a director of ACL 15th November 2013.

I thought both sides wanted to delay the hearing? Original reports said the Council Barrister had pushed for the hearing to be fast tracked but both sides then accepted later. Isn't it set for mid June ?

I can see why the Council would want after May elections ...... aren't they legally bound to stay quiet as a council (perdor?) during election campaigns?

You'd think they'd be legally obliged to stay quiet in any case as it's a court hearing.

Perdah doesn't seem to apply to this as far as I can see, unless CCC announced they were selling the Ricoh.

italiahorse

On shane oconnor this morning marc labovits said the council want the judicial review put back until after the election. Why do you think that is

Your inference is what SISU want you to take and you have fell in the trap.
What would happen if they got elected then some misdemeanour came out ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure we should read anything in to the changes that means CCFC can come back sooner. ACL can still only offer a rent deal

Martin Reeves going makes sense, as CEO of the council he has other things he must concentrate on, education, the budget cuts, child care etc. The guy replacing him seems focussed on site development. Reeves was also the target of comments from TF/ML so that takes that target away

The new Chairman Mr Robinson seems to have a depth of experience that fit well with the Ricoh site, together with football connections at a high level. If he has met Seppala all well and good but he can only offer rent. It also makes sense for him to have met her given the dispute etc.

RoboCCFC90

Apparently #ACL chairman Chris Robinson approached Steven Pressley for a meeting of some sorts which the #SkyBlues boss declined #PUSB

chiefdave

I thought the JR wasn't likley to happen to June anyway, isn't that after the elections?

Do you get that much say in when it comes to court? Wouldn't it be down to when the court schedules it?

asb

Does it really matter who was in charge at the Council when the events surrounding the JR took place. There would already be evidence gathered from the relavent people. Not likely to be a newly elected person walking into the JR and being held accountable and being asked to explain their actions.

Is it possible that Sisu asked for it to be outside of the football season? So less distraction. The Council then asked for it to outside of the Elections? So less distraction.

It is another attempt by Sisu to keep the spotlight on anyone but themself. Sisu clearly have nothing important in terms of self imposed deadlines coming up that they might want to distract attention from do they. Nothing that they really should be showing signs of some concrete actions, not just artists impressions and talk about seat colours. I just can't think of such a project that they are planning in the next few years, that has shown no real signs of advancement.

Sterling Archer

Apparently #ACL chairman Chris Robinson approached Steven Pressley for a meeting of some sorts which the #SkyBlues boss declined #PUSB

Why the hell would ACL want to meet with our football manager? Why the hell would our football manager want to meet with ACL? Pressley has no say in the stadium fiasco, he is just the man who runs the football team on the pitch.

CR: "Hi Steven, its Chris from the ACL, can you help us get the football club back into the Ricoh"
SP: "No, because I am a football manager and have literally nothing to do with the off field shenanigans. I can however talk you through the pros and cons of the pressing game we try to play when we're not in possession of the football, is that OK?"

Very odd and quite desperate of ACL if you ask me. Every action they take that gets publicised makes them seem even more amateur in my opinion.

Unless of course, the above I quoted is all bollocks.

Ashdown1

I was hoping that this JR would happen within a month or two maximum, whatever it's findings at that point may have helped the team get back playing at 'home' if it drags on through the summer then it's surely less likely to happen next season.

Ashdown1

Why the hell would ACL want to meet with our football manager? Why the hell would our football manager want to meet with ACL? Pressley has no say in the stadium fiasco, he is just the man who runs the football team on the pitch.

CR: "Hi Steven, its Chris from the ACL, can you help us get the football club back into the Ricoh"
SP: "No, because I am a football manager and have literally nothing to do with the off field shenanigans. I can however talk you through the pros and cons of the pressing game we try to play when we're not in possession of the football, is that OK?"

Very odd and quite desperate of ACL if you ask me. Every action they take that gets publicised makes them seem even more amateur in my opinion.

Unless of course, the above I quoted is all bollocks.

I agree if its true it is a bit bizarre.

Warwickhunt

I though the court set the Date?

Users who are viewing this thread