CWR Sound of the Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Yeah, Gurney seems a lot more calmer and professional now, which isn’t a bad thing. Got to admit that these days I prefer Clive, especially when he gets irate about the smallest of things and his obsession with kit colours and pink boots.
I think I prefer Clive, good rapport with Oggy and to be honest I think it works better with a non supporter of the club.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

blunted

Clive used to be useless. I used to shit myself every time the opposition had the ball in our half as I thought they were sure to score. Getting teams wrong all the time was awful but has now become a part of his charm, especially as he has infected Oggy with the same problem. I was greatly annoyed when in the interests of balance he used to tacitly support SISU. I realise now this was a BBC directive and not Clive's fault. Rightly or wrongly, I associate Rob with the bad years but less so than Adam Dent who was despicable when he supported McGinnty in his pursuit of Nev Haddesley from Gary Mabbuts Knee. I've said it before, Clive and Oggy are the best two commentators on the radio and it would be a crime against talent to permanently break them up. Clive, I hope the cheque is in the post.

AOM

I think I prefer Clive, good rapport with Oggy and to be honest I think it works better with a non supporter of the club.

I never used to listen to CWR pre-Clive so I wasn't really familiar with Rob Gurney, but I quite like him from what I've heard.
He seems more opinionated than Clive (not in a negative way), and as you say, it does sound like he's more giving his thoughts as a fan rather than just the usual commentary.
Do prefer the Clive and Oggy team overall though, and their humour

BUSA

Rob should get Adam dent back on a show sometime to reminisce over the games they covered

Adge

Rob should get Adam dent back on a show sometime to reminisce over the games they covered
Whatever’s happened to Dent anyway?-haven’t heard of him for a long time. Probably just as well!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

His commentary of Gyo’s goal against Wigan last season was pretty iconic.
" He's having his shirt pulled ......"
Absolutely fantastic commentary. Sounded as thrilled as any genuine sky blue fan could ever be, and that's a genuine compliment because I doubt Clive is.

oscillatewildly

Whatever’s happened to Dent anyway?-haven’t heard of him for a long time. Probably just as well!
Last I heard of him was the yelp he gave when I caught him quite badly (but innocently) on the shin in a midweek practice session.
That was more than 20 years ago!

Grendel

He did PR for Wasps and before that a bit for SISU

He created Advent Communications which was the councils go to marketing agency

stay_up_skyblues

" He's having his shirt pulled ......"
Absolutely fantastic commentary. Sounded as thrilled as any genuine sky blue fan could ever be, and that's a genuine compliment because I doubt Clive is.

I dunno. Surely after a decade? of commentating on every single game and seeing the fall and rise closer than most you become a proper fan, even if you tried your hardest not to.

letsallsingtogether

Some of it is getting used to someone's voice, and after a while they become like an old friend. I find Oggy's voice quite calming and reassuring nowadays. I'm sure it's due to hearing it so often (talks a lot of sense too)
Yet he got lots of shit from people on here saying he had a mundane voice and sent you to sleep.
Like you have said talks a lot of sence and knows the game backwards.
Long live King Oggy.

Adge

I dunno. Surely after a decade? of commentating on every single game and seeing the fall and rise closer than most you become a proper fan, even if you tried your hardest not to.
Yep-we all know he’s a Tranmere fan but has become a closet Cov fan to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread