CWR Sound of the Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

I hope they’re not shelving it as part of the BBC funding cuts, I do enjoy listening to it on iPlayer throughout the week. Would also seem strange so soon after bringing back Gurney? Perhaps the axe is going to fall on Clive? Hopefully not!

Reactions: AOM

skybluepm2

‘It is a big one’ according to Rob….

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

ajl

Clive stepping down/moving on and gurney taking over?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

skybluecam

That’d be my guess. Clive has really grown on me over the last few years, Gurney was the sound of my childhood but Clive’s been with us through the good times and given us many memorable moments with his euphoric celebrations 🤣
Someone should do a compilation. I often listen on the way to/from matches but never hear the live reactions

Gynnsthetonic

Team and player name confusion aside, I really like Clive and Oggy as a commentary duo. Probably bias but they're also far better than some of the other local football coverage you sometimes hear through ifollow.

Be a shame if Clive is leaving
Don't think he is

Reactions: AOM

Evo1883

I like gurney better , always have .. and I think with him supporting city it resonates more ..not to say Clive hasn't been good he has

shepardo01

Yup this. Liked him when younger but Clive's better for phone on now. Especially when he gets excited and gets into a debate with a caller. Gurney's too calm
Grew up listening to Gurney.
Spent a lot of time travelling home from the North on Saturday afternoons when I was a youth player. Loved listening to him commentate on the City. Iconic moments such as him ripping the cables out when we scored in the FA cup at Villa Park, then crying at the final whistle. Commentary on Huckerby's goal at home Vs United......
But Clive is "now" and dare I say, not only a very very enjoyable listen, but I'd say now more enjoyable than Robs current style ... wonder if age/time away has made him more professional and less likely to wear his heart on his sleeve!?
Both are very good and we are lucky to have them compared to other local radio commentators!!

Sick Boy

Grew up listening to Gurney.
Spent a lot of time travelling home from the North on Saturday afternoons when I was a youth player. Loved listening to him commentate on the City. Iconic moments such as him ripping the cables out when we scored in the FA cup at Villa Park, then crying at the final whistle. Commentary on Huckerby's goal at home Vs United......
But Clive is "now" and dare I say, not only a very very enjoyable listen, but I'd say now more enjoyable than Robs current style ... wonder if age/time away has made him more professional and less likely to wear his heart on his sleeve!?
Both are very good and we are lucky to have them compared to other local radio commentators!!
Yeah, Gurney seems a lot more calmer and professional now, which isn’t a bad thing. Got to admit that these days I prefer Clive, especially when he gets irate about the smallest of things and his obsession with kit colours and pink boots.

ProfessorbyGrace

Clive’s sporadic bouts of sounding ultra urgent (in what transpires as innocuous occurrences) immediately set off my fight or flight, admittedly:

‘HERE COMES BIDWELL, with a badly timed pass, gives it away, BUT HAMER WINS IT BACK, ugh but he’s dispossessed…AAAND…oh, it’s a throw in…’

It’s difficult to dislike Clive, although Rob is who was there all through my 90’s on CWR. ⚽️

olderskyblue

Clive’s sporadic bouts of sounding ultra urgent (in what transpires as innocuous occurrences) immediately set off my fight or flight, admittedly:

‘HERE COMES BIDWELL, with a badly timed pass, gives it away, BUT HAMER WINS IT BACK, ugh but he’s dispossessed…AAAND…oh, it’s a throw in…’

It’s difficult to dislike Clive, although Rob is who was there all through my 90’s on CWR. ⚽️
Didn’t realise you were that old…. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread