CWR - Robins (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Exactly! Entirely relevant because it just highlights how poor we were and upon reflection, even poorer than we first thought because we were indeed giving Yeovil some praise on the day. Seems that may have been unwarranted, or at least overhyped.

I'm more annoyed because they could have done us a favour taking points off our rivals, but instead as predicted they just rolled over and let everyone fuck them once they were safe.

robbiekeane

I can understand people being angry but you should be ashamed of yourself for using the term “mong”. You’re not the only person to have used it on here. It’s not acceptable, there’s no excuse.

Why is “mong” such an issue?

Today, the word “mong” is used quite frequently. However, have you ever heard it used in a positive way? Have you used it to mean “idiot”, “slow” or “stupid”? These words have been used throughout history and today to refer to people with learning disabilities and people with Down’s syndrome. Has the word really changed?
We know many people with Down’s syndrome face abuse on the street every day including having the word “mong” shouted at them. When Ricky Gervais or others with similar prominence use this word, people hear it and think it’s alright to use this word how they see fit. Words hit hard and punch you whether you’re up or down.

Not only is the word offensive to people with Down’s syndrome but it is also offensive to Mongolians. If you were a Mongol, how would you like to hear your nationality used as a word that meant “slow”, “stupid” or “idiot”? In an age where people are seeing the consequences bullying has on its victims, why would you promote a negative word with negative pictures? This word is not only harmful to people with Down’s syndrome but to Mongolians.

We encourage Ricky Gervais to speak to his local Down’s syndrome organisation or phone us on 0131 313 4225 for more information. We are happy to put him in contact with people with Down’s syndrome who can explain what the word “mong” means to them. While you may not have known that “mong” refers to Down’s syndrome, will you stop using it now that you know? We hope to erase ignorance over the potency of this word. By educating others on the harm this word does, we hope you and others choose not to use it in the future. By doing so, you are supporting a group in society that is often disregarded.
We have seen words like the “N word”, which referred to black slaves in America change its meaning as some black people have taken back the word and refer to their black friends as “nigga”. However, this word is generally not used by white people as there is a respect and understanding that the origins of the word represent oppression to black people.

People with learning disabilities cannot reclaim the word “mong”. People with learning disabilities are often left out of society. Due to disproportionate cuts to their services, it's harder to secure jobs and college places leaving people with learning disabilities stuck at home.
Oh have a day off pal. Clearly didn't mean it to be offensive towards either of those groups of people. Everyone else knows that and you've just decided to be a busy body cause you've got nothing better to do.

Grendel

Not clueless, just a boy in a man's league. Far worse than Bayliss out there tonight.

There’s little difference in age and no difference in experience with him and Shipley - no one ever defends Shipley with that excuse.

Grendel

We don't know what gone on in the dressing room but like you said things do not look good with the team spirit at the moment. The only thing that I can see is the introduction of JCH to the squad and as to wether this has upset the balance we don't know. Or Rod feels threatened by Hyam or Davis?

This is only the second gabe we’ve lost in the league that Clarke Harris has started

Mcbean

I know he's made tactical errors but it was refreshing to hear Robins have a go at the defence. He is one of those managers who obviously does his ticking off in private, but like most of us he has had enough and vented his spleen on the radio. Good to hear. And good to hear him naming names for once. It almost took my mind of the detour I had to take because the A46 was closed yet again.
Those players will know all about that today for sure - A 46 no that is a pain in the arse - i went all the round the houses to get back on the other night and ended going right through L Spa to get out to the other side of the M40 - then last night i went straight to the Fosse took 20 mins longer to get home the dog had his legs crossed

baldy

Oh have a day off pal. Clearly didn't mean it to be offensive towards either of those groups of people. Everyone else knows that and you've just decided to be a busy body cause you've got nothing better to do.

So we have to call mongeese less intelligent geese now? Blimey

Irish Sky Blue

How do you know who reads or contributes to these forums? You didn’t mean it to be offensive? Someone with Downs realatives and friends, I am pretty sure, would have found it offensive. If you use a term that belittles and disparages a group of people who, through no fault of their own, have difficulties that leave them with special needs, you can hardly say that it wasn’t meant to be offensive. As mentioned, you could use the N word and say you weren’t being offensive to black people. I think they would disagree.

Adge

Genuinely if he’d have been subbed after 15 minutes for Stokes you’d have said its for the best and the right thing to do.

Do feel for Haynes I’ve never rated him but he seems like a good lad, appears to not confident enough and too much of a thinker maybe?
Nice guys don’t make winners.

Adge

Dare I say it, either of the dke would have been more physical with rhead than any of or defenders tonight.

How bad is that?
Ha ha! That’s laughable, but is probably true!

Londonccfcfan

Listened to his interview last night and just listened to it again.

Brilliant Briliant interview. Really shows what it means to him. To publicly criticise certain players. Notably both centre backs and Grimmer. He was very very angry. There has surely got to be a big reaction Saturday.

clint van damme

Listened to his interview last night and just listened to it again.

Brilliant Briliant interview. Really shows what it means to him. To publicly criticise certain players. Notably both centre backs and Grimmer. He was very very angry. There has surely got to be a big reaction Saturday.

he needs to take time about for a bit of introspection while he's at it.
Poor managerial performance last night as well. and I don't want him sacked before anyone starts, just think he was as culpable as the players last night.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

How do you know who reads or contributes to these forums? You didn’t mean it to be offensive? Someone with Downs realatives and friends, I am pretty sure, would have found it offensive. If you use a term that belittles and disparages a group of people who, through no fault of their own, have difficulties that leave them with special needs, you can hardly say that it wasn’t meant to be offensive. As mentioned, you could use the N word and say you weren’t being offensive to black people. I think they would disagree.

Yawn

covcity4life

do not defend taking piss out of people with disabilities as banter or use the PC defence please

i am sure you meant no harm but if you think about it is wrong thing to do

be a better human

JimmyHillsbeard

and sort out if your gonna play 442 or 433

if 442 it has to be for me
jch------ponticelli
reid---------------------mcnulty

Dropping both the goal scorers from Tuesday?

I know you’re a Mowbray fan but that’s reminiscent of him dropping Lamerias after his best ever game for us (Sheffield Utd away) as he simply forgot he had played.

covcity4life

Dropping both the goal scorers from Tuesday?

I know you’re a Mowbray fan but that’s reminiscent of him dropping Lamerias after his best ever game for us (Sheffield Utd away) as he simply forgot he had played.

Thanks for compliment. I do thibk i would be a promotion winning manager like.mowbray yes

Also both were lightweight abd poor outside both excelldnt finishes. Dont be blinded by goals

SlowerThanPlatt

Thanks for compliment. I do thibk i would be a promotion winning manager like.mowbray yes

Also both were lightweight abd poor outside both excelldnt finishes. Dont be blinded by goals

How can you be blinded by goals exactly? Goals are the most important part of football. If you don’t score you can’t win a match

covcity4life

How can you be blinded by goals exactly? Goals are the most important part of football. If you don’t score you can’t win a match

They contributed to us concedijg 4. And its not like prolific scorers either

Borh v good talents but not end of world if dropped for next game.

The 1 rhong every1 onnhere agreed with was we showed no steel and rhey were 2 of the biggest culprits. Does not mean indint rate them or have them in my long term plans

Users who are viewing this thread