CWR post Cambridge phone in .... (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Managers are onto a winner aren't they? Everything is about budget and investment, an easy copout.
When TM left my mate who does comms for Wolves told me Rob Edwards (Wolves coach) was applying for the job. When I asked why he'd do a silly thing like that he basically said because at cov you have nothing to lose. If it goes tits up, everyone blames the owners.

Nick

Administrator
When TM left my mate who does comms for Wolves told me Rob Edwards (Wolves coach) was applying for the job. When I asked why he'd do a silly thing like that he basically said because at cov you have nothing to lose. If it goes tits up, everyone blames the owners.

Exactly! How many have been annoyed over the tactics, the starting line up etc.

It's always just "budget, investment". Even when we have a bigger budget than the other team.

Rory83

I was the guy who mentioned Oggy, but that was on account of me being asked would a new manager make a difference. A) who would want to come into this shambles, no funds to spend and no plan. B) who knows the club better than Ogrizovic? What connection does Venus have to the club? I'm not advocating for Oggy to get the job, but would he do worse than Venus? Not in my opinion. Ultimately yes an experienced manager, but we've had them too. The club is a total mess and watching today really brought it home just what a farce of a club we've become.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I was the guy who mentioned Oggy, but that was on account of me being asked would a new manager make a difference. A) who would want to come into this shambles, no funds to spend and no plan. B) who knows the club better than Ogrizovic? What connection does Venus have to the club? I'm not advocating for Oggy to get the job, but would he do worse than Venus? Not in my opinion. Ultimately yes an experienced manager, but we've had them too. The club is a total mess and watching today really brought it home just what a farce of a club we've become.

Have we had experienced lower league managers though? A Tisdale type.

Loads of people will apply, they can't lose. If they do shit, it's not their fault, if they are decent then they are heroes.

Paxman II

So if we are to appoint a new manager quickly who could we look to entice here? Seriously who and can do the job needed now?

torchomatic

So if we are to appoint a new manager quickly who could we look to entice here? Seriously who and can do the job needed now?

IMHO we need someone in within the next week or so. Give him a chance to view the squad so he can do something in January. Waiting longer will be pointless.

ccfcway

IMHO we need someone in within the next week or so. Give him a chance to view the squad so he can do something in January. Waiting longer will be pointless.

He doesn't need to view the squad.

I can help.

We have a bunch of kids, loans that need to go back to free up money for CB and CM, wingers lacking in confidence and Sordell, who, you never know, might actually score if he was played up front and given some service.

martcov

The main problem being, we are way below break even and have to operate at 'self sufficient'. A contradiction or rather an impossibility. We cannot afford a decent manager. Even TM saw this and resigned without waiting to be sacked and therefore to receive compensation.

The structure is completely wrong. In the absence of stadium revenue of a decent size, we will only get anywhere with a huge injection of cash as equity.

Rory83

Had Lee Clarke been available and he been willing, given the position the club is in and lack of funds, I'd say bring him in.

Venus doesn't even sound interested, he'll probably thinks he'll ride this out either at the helm or in the background and then get into a steady coaching job somewhere else along the line.

Hobo

It is not the level of investment, it is the lack of leadership and ambition. The lack of a plan or company structure. When they have had talent they have sold at the first opportunity. It has been crisis management by the owners. SISU have only achieved failure after failure....and that is just in the boardroom before you start looking at all the other area.

colin101

As a matter of interest how many points off a play off position?
Get rid of MV, TF ASAP and find someone who loves the club

PUSB
City till I die

Ashdown

It is not the level of investment, it is the lack of leadership and ambition. The lack of a plan or company structure. When they have had talent they have sold at the first opportunity. It has been crisis management by the owners. SISU have only achieved failure after failure....and that is just in the boardroom before you start looking at all the other area.
Don't talk such sense, the usual crowd want to seek to blame the umpteen failed managers that have had an 'adequate budget' to work with !!.......like they fucking know just how and when that budget is applied !

cloughie

That sounded like someone who isn't going to be in the job by the next game. Question is will anyone sack him, does Fisher care enough to do it. Then we would probably end up with Oggy.

At the very least they need to come out and say Venus isn't getting it permanently and the search is on.
Get someone in before the window opens so they have time to asses the squad and see what needs to be done.
that will be a bit like the search for the new ground

torchomatic

Don't talk such sense, the usual crowd want to seek to blame the umpteen failed managers that have had an 'adequate budget' to work with !!.......like they fucking know just how and when that budget is applied !

FFS, "the usual crowd". The budget was fine last season with the same pairing but not this season. So what has gone wrong?

Nick

Administrator

I guess the budget is smaller than Cambridge's right?

Skybluefaz

The managers are the people who selected the players and tactics are they not? And to that end they have to shoulder some of the blame. Not all, but some.

ccfcway

The managers are the people who selected the players and tactics are they not? And to that end they have to shoulder some of the blame. Not all, but some.

not all, but most. Our budget is vastly bigger than Cambridge. They wanted it today and we didn't

torchomatic

not all, but most. Our budget is vastly bigger than Cambridge. They wanted it today and we didn't

True, we "didn't want it", but the vast majority of those players shouldn't be in our first eleven. If TM/MV had done their homework properly in the summer then I doubt we would be in such a shitty position. They had the budget and they pissed it away in a panic.

hill83

I agree, need someone in as soon as possible, need a big hard bastard the players will hate. Fuck em, they've been molly coddled too long, Don't like it, fuck off and find another club to play for.

You say that, but half the team is new players. It's not like we've had the same molly coddled players for the last 5 years. None of them are good enough.

skyblueheaven

UOTE="hill83, post: 1210729, member: 285"]Who gives a flying fucking shit if he does though. What is going to change. Who's going to believe what he says. It's all a load of bollocks.[/QUOTE]
Who gives a flying fucking shit if he does though. What is going to change. Who's going to believe what he says. It's all a load of bollocks.
Well said that man, totally agree.

torchomatic

Recruitment.

We've either got a bottom 4 budget or we haven't.

If we haven't, we have totally buggered up on signings in the summer.

Yes, recruitment as I've said on a hundred posts, but Ashdown seems to disagree. Nothing to do with recruitment for him.

Hobo

I guess the budget is smaller than Cambridge's right?
No but the boardroom leadership is smaller. That is where the tone for an organisation is set.

Jimmy Hill was chosen, appointed, for a reason. He had a backer who shared a dream and a plan.

ccfcway

True, we "didn't want it", but the vast majority of those players shouldn't be in our first eleven. If TM/MV had done their homework properly in the summer then I doubt we would be in such a shitty position. They had the budget and they pissed it away in a panic.

Not sure they even spent it,

torchomatic

Not sure they even spent it,

They didn't. TM said there was money left. Makes his acquisitions even more infuriating.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread