CWR post Cambridge phone in .... (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

There isn't a huge amount of point in getting any executive into a meeting and firing questions - as The Rock would say, it doesn't matter what comes out of their mouths because the only way to judge success or not is by looking at what's going on. Tim or anyone else can hint at plans and stress their good intentions and share frustrations over things that they wanted to go differently, I'll give then the benefit of the doubt on all of that but this is a results business and it has to come right on the pitch (and off it, in our case) for us all to be reassured.

I can't think of anything that he could say at a forum or on CWR that would reassure me, but if he goes out and appoints Mark Robins then we go 5 games unbeaten then I'll be reassured. Seeing is believing, everything else is just well-meaning words.
But we can't just 'look' at what is going on. Far too many smoke and mirrors to see clearly, right up to the latest purposefully worded pre-released Q&As. Just look at some of the responses to various threads on this board - confusion over budget size, when that budget was released, why management staff levels are wafer thin etc etc. This club is desperate for some transparency and the fact we don't get any, from a club that is being run as a self sufficient separate entity from it's owners, can only lead to suspicion, anger and questions of why?. The more questions TM is asked the tighter his web of half truths will get. There is very little harm in us knowing a few truths, particularly around the playing side, if there is genuinely nothing to hide.

stevefloyd

That sounded like someone who isn't going to be in the job by the next game. Question is will anyone sack him, does Fisher care enough to do it. Then we would probably end up with Oggy.

At the very least they need to come out and say Venus isn't getting it permanently and the search is on. Get someone in before the window opens so they have time to asses the squad and see what needs to be done.
I have said before it would be easy to assess the squad... its not good enough....easy

JimmyHillsbeard

Sam Ricketts? Seems to have the respect of the players at least

Well that alone ought to disbar his candidature. The last thing we should look for in a manager is being popular with the players. They need shaking up - the shitstorm of our ownership is letting quite a few of them off the hook.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Complete waste of time promoting from within as nothing will change on-field . Whoever it is (Eaden, Oggy, Ricketts, Dave Hart, Laura Hunter, the canteen chef etc etc) would essentially be just another interim and will continue to coach and train the players in the same style as Venus has after TM left because they won’t feel they have a remit or option to do anything else.

Clean break from Venus and TM is needed by Jan if we want to save this season, IMO. Whether we get that or not...

Users who are viewing this thread