CWR phone-in (1 Viewer)

Exit Stage Left

Bizarre final phone in on CWR tonight. The final call was a guy who rang up and completely ignored Clive's invitation to talk about the game. Instead he asked Oggy where he and the other players use to park their cars before a game at Highfield Road..............it was on street parking according to Oggy and then Clive thanked the caller for ringing up and asking a really interesting question before saying goodnight and handing over to Graham Torrington. Did he even know we played a game tonight?

Sky Blue Pete

Bizarre final phone in on CWR tonight. The final call was a guy who rang up and completely ignored Clive's invitation to talk about the game. Instead he asked Oggy where he and the other players use to park their cars before a game at Highfield Road..............it was on street parking according to Oggy and then Clive thanked the caller for ringing up and asking a really interesting question before saying goodnight and handing over to Graham Torrington. Did he even know we played a game tonight?
Brilliant

fernandopartridge

He was a former traffic warden knocking one out over giving a footballer a ticket

Ricketts

Which is one of the reasons why I never listen to the phone-in. Until they only allow people who have been to the match to comment it’s the same old people spouting n the same old crap.

Hobo

Which is one of the reasons why I never listen to the phone-in. Until they only allow people who have been to the match to comment it’s the same old people spouting n the same old crap.

Even people who have been to the game don't always make the best callers.

Irish Sky Blue

It was a strange call but Oggy was able to turn it into something that wasn’t cringy. I’m not sure he answered the question the bloke was asking (At Highfield Road,where did all the players come from?), but he managed to turn it into something interesting (okay, interesting for me). I never knew the players had to park on the street.I thought that they would have parked in the fenced off car park behind the main stand. To get a parking space close to the ground they must have been there early as the roads were rammed around the ground up to an hour before KO. I think in the days of Jimmy Hill the players had lunch at the Hotel Leofric and arrived at Highfield Road in a coach but I may be wrong about this.
I think Oggy has improved match day on CWR. He is able to give an insight into not only our players but the opponents too. He is articulate and comes across as really knowledgeable.

Nick

Administrator

I like the ones who phone up to ask stupid questions with no interest in the game at all. Sometimes it's as if they do it just so Clive can push particular things ;)

Joy Division

I remember seeing McSheffrey a fair few times walk from his house to the ground in his first few seasons with us which was only about 50 metres away.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Might have ended up burnt in field if they parked there

That's why they said the answer was in the post. Although I'm sure the landlord wasn't happy with them crashing through the wall like the Kool-Aid mascot every other week!

Users who are viewing this thread