CWR Ian truly is a numpty!! (1 Viewer)

Ian wants to go on again...but I told him to leave it until next season.

Foster wanted him on last week, but then he went down with stomach ulcers and hence the QPR commentating on Saturday, and Justin Toze as the studio guest on Friday night.

I've met Ian on a couple of occassions and he is a really nice bloke, he's just like's a drink when going to the match and has the bottle to speak on air which most people including myself are reluctant to do. Ian and Juggy we're studio guests on the friday night show a few months back, a lot of people on here we're saying that it was the best show for ages and they should have the pair on every week, from what I understand Ian hadn't had 8 pints prior to going into the studio!! If you don't like it, phone in yourselves and see what criticism may come your way.

See you tomorrow mate.;)

Grendel

Why do CWR allow him on week in week out and spout the crap he does.The guy is a clown :censored:and an embarrasment :jerkit:

They allow him on as he is the only thing worth talking about on the phone in which has become very stale. I like him. He's good radio and a pleasant diversion from the smug clown linnell.

skablue

Otis - I would imagine that you have others disagree with your opinion, what you probably haven't experienced is the personal abuse that some on this forum direct at Ian as they cannot a construct a decent argument other than the blokes a moron/ clown/ idiot/:jerkit:. I accept you make a reasoned argument about his observations and i'm not pointing a finger at you personally.

cloughie

I left him in the pub and he was goosed out of his face...and when I got in the car, I heard him droning on....I knew he was going to slate Nimely, because he was saying he was shit throughout the game.

CWR love Ian....as he stirs debate.

If people think that a person who is pissed can make a rational judgement on the days play then we might aswell allow drink driving to be legal. Some of us don,t love ian as he talks just like you said a ..drunk obviously lacking any CREDIBLE JUGDEMENT

They allow him on as he is the only thing worth talking about on the phone in which has become very stale. I like him. He's good radio and a pleasant diversion from the smug clown linnell.

I must admit that Linell is really starting to piss me off. He dismisses any argument that doesn't agree with his own. If you didn't know about CCFC and the shite we have seen this season and heard him for the first time, you would think that we challenging for a top 2 place with a team/players akin to Barcelona. It's great being positive, but not when your own eyes tell you something different.

We had drawn 2-2 with a very average Peterbrough team (missing their main striker), and Linnell was making out as though it was a wonder-performance...which it wasn't.:jerkit:

Astute

I must admit that Linell is really starting to piss me off. He dismisses any argument that doesn't agree with his own. If you didn't know about CCFC and the shite we have seen this season and heard him for the first time, you would think that we challenging for a top 2 place with a team/players akin to Barcelona. It's great being positive, but not when your own eyes tell you something different.

We had drawn 2-2 with a very average Peterbrough team (missing their main striker), and Linnell was making out as though it was a wonder-performance...which it wasn't.:jerkit:

Last 7 results.....not looked any further but

Cov 2 P'boro 2
P'boro 1 Fester 0
P'boro 0 West Ham 2
Barnsley 1 P'boro 0
P'boro 3 Reading 1
Ipswich 3 P'boro 2
P'boro 3 Blackpool 1

They had their top scorer this season on, and Sinclair. Could we do with a player like Sinclair?

Astute

I've met Ian on a couple of occassions and he is a really nice bloke, he's just like's a drink when going to the match and has the bottle to speak on air which most people including myself are reluctant to do. Ian and Juggy we're studio guests on the friday night show a few months back, a lot of people on here we're saying that it was the best show for ages and they should have the pair on every week, from what I understand Ian hadn't had 8 pints prior to going into the studio!! If you don't like it, phone in yourselves and see what criticism may come your way.

The bottle to speak on air whilst pissed? Does he ever go on sober?

Brave...Bottle.....Hero....all overused words these days. So now it takes bottle to pick up your phone and dial a number to give drunk ramblings. I can't listen to people that contradict themselves as Ian does and take him seriously. He watches a different game to the rest of us and says we have played crap when we don't. He says players have played crap when they might have had a good game but make a mistake.

I am not saying he isn't a nice bloke, but he don't come across as someone of a higher intelligence. Yes, a Cov fan, but sounds like a complete idiot at times. Why does he go on sometimes when he has nothing to say? Same old dross week after week after week after week. Most weeks you could put a recording of him on from any of the previous weeks and nobody would notice.

Hi Skablue Ian :eek::laugh:

Otis

Otis - I would imagine that you have others disagree with your opinion, what you probably haven't experienced is the personal abuse that some on this forum direct at Ian as they cannot a construct a decent argument other than the blokes a moron/ clown/ idiot/:jerkit:. I accept you make a reasoned argument about his observations and i'm not pointing a finger at you personally.

Not what I am saying is that I have been on the post match phone in on several occasions (though not for a few seasons) and I had never had anyone come on the radio after me saying they have totally disagreed with what I have said or said I didn't know what I was talking about or accused me of being overly negative.

This is of course the case though with Ian. He does talk some sense at times, but there have been a number of occasions when you come out of the ground thinking we did well only for Ian to come on and say just how awful we were.

He's become like a pantomime villain.

Users who are viewing this thread