CWR Ian truly is a numpty!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Came on and was moaning about Nimely and said he offered nothing and said he doesn't score enough goals and shouldn't be playing.

'Replace him with who then?' came the reply from Stuart Linnell.

'Errr ....'

Yep, let's replace the non goalscoring of Nimely with Clive Platt who everyone has accepted hardly ever scores. Or if not Platt, let's select from one of the other many strikers we have at the club!!

When John Williams then said that although Nimely doesn't score enough he does create for other Ian said that he cannot recall the last time Nimely created anything at all.

Err, try the last home game Ian!! :facepalm: Great cross from Nimely for Norwood and the 2nd goal.

Now I have it confirmed that I go to the Ricoh and Ian goes to a completely different ground.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf though Nimely was poor today, I wouldn't replace him though. Hard decision who to play as the 2 strikers at the moment. If we continue with the diamond I would like to experiment with Nimely playing behind Platt and Mcdonald.

skybluegod

first time i've saw nimley and norwood today nimley was poor as he couldn't get it at his feet bu norwood was awesome great passer, but after today should be platt and macdoanld up front on monday.

ajsccfc

I didn't like how he was insinuating Nimely's not interested. Can't a player just have an off day without it being down to how much they care or other such crap? It happens.

Marty

I thought Nimely was poor, AT was right to take him off.

DukeOfCov

first time i've saw nimley and norwood today nimley was poor as he couldn't get it at his feet bu norwood was awesome great passer, but after today should be platt and macdoanld up front on monday.

Maybe Norwood's boss being there watching him was a factor??

spwaverley4916

Nimely was poor today - but he does give the opposition something to think about with the odd flash of skill ( usually anyway). regarding Norwood I passed Sir Alex Ferguson on the way out and shouted across to him to ask if we could keep him the reply "aye but he will cost your 4 million" so thats that then !!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Nimely was poor and looks knackered and battered-he's just a kid himself, remember. But for all that, the same could have been said of the game last home game: and then he produced the magical sprint that skinned the full-back and the cross to Norwood for the goal. He's always capable of producing a bit of magic, whereas Platt can't, really. Platt is good with the ball into his feet/chest, back to goal: as a target for long balls and crosses from deep against two defenders who are better than him in the air, he's pretty ineffective.

Luckily, I was getting out of the car when Ian was on so missed him. The only positive I can take from today :)

Nonleagueherewecome

The point will be positive if Forest can snatch victory this evening.

Not for me: if Bristol beat us, they are ahead of us again. If we'd won today-and it was there for the taking against a side with nothing to play for-we would have been 4 points ahead of Bristol going into the game: not saying we could afford to lose it, but we'd have at least had that cushion. Massive 2 points dropped today, and a much bigger missed opportunity than the Forest game everyone banged on about. But It appears I'm on my own on this..when did everyone get so bloody optimistic on here? First sign of grieving-denial?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nimely was poor and looks knackered and battered-he's just a kid himself, remember. But for all that, the same could have been said of the game last home game: and then he produced the magical sprint that skinned the full-back and the cross to Norwood for the goal. He's always capable of producing a bit of magic, whereas Platt can't, really. Platt is good with the ball into his feet/chest, back to goal: as a target for long balls and crosses from deep against two defenders who are better than him in the air, he's pretty ineffective.

Luckily, I was getting out of the car when Ian was on so missed him. The only positive I can take from today :)
I agree with that, I remember a couple of weeks ago he was reported to be struggling an carrying a knock but he still played on and I reckon it is catching up on him now as he hasn't had a rest since he has been at the club.

skybluesteve76

Omg! I was screaming at the radio! How did John Williams not tell him to piss off? But we don't score goals......muppet. We've scored two a game lately, idiotic moron.

All the best

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not for me: if Bristol beat us, they are ahead of us again. If we'd won today-and it was there for the taking against a side with nothing to play for-we would have been 4 points ahead of Bristol going into the game: not saying we could afford to lose it, but we'd have at least had that cushion. Massive 2 points dropped today, and a much bigger missed opportunity than the Forest game everyone banged on about. But It appears I'm on my own on this..when did everyone get so bloody optimistic on here? First sign of grieving-denial?
I agree partially with this, I think it would have been huge going into the game with a possible 4 point cushion on Bristol. Now it has become a must not lose game but I am confident we can get at least a point still.

Not a terrible result today seeing as Peterborough have had some good results lately against Blackpool, Leicester and Reading.

Otis

But we can't pre-empt Monday can we. If Bristol lose tonight then the draw we have got today will be a positive.

Nonleagueherewecome

No, because we had the far more winnable fixture-possibly the easiest ride we are going to get unless Donnie are already down when we play them. A point at Forest for Bristol and them seeing us not winning at home-I think the Bristol camp will be doing cartwheels. No matter what they get, we've cranked up the pressure on ourselves in a massive way that could have been avoided with a bit of savvy and a more attacking approach.

Nonleagueherewecome

And Bristol go 1-up. For fucks sake call me Cassandra...

Nonleagueherewecome

From Greek mythology, Cassandra was fated to forever make doom-laden prophecies that would come true, but have nobody ever believe her warnings.

Nonleagueherewecome

Of course everyone knows that the evolutionary peak of modern social satire...

...is when Dell Boy fell through the bar, and Trigger made a face.:claping hands:

Nothing wrong with having an education :guitar2:

EleanorRigby

I thought Nimely was poor especially first half but i also thought when he was taken off he was starting to get the ball down and cause a bit of panic. Trouble with having Platt on when you have to chace a goal there is only one route to take. Should have packed the midfield first and deny Posh possession.

Omg! I was screaming at the radio! How did John Williams not tell him to piss off? But we don't score goals......muppet. We've scored two a game lately, idiotic moron.

All the best

I do believe we had a second CWR Ian on tonight (no joke) - a few minutes after the real one had finished his usual totally ridiculous observations of the game another guy popped up with the same slow, drawling, nasal, boring pain in the arse voice BUT this fella was completely the opposite and actually praised the Blue Boys.

It reminded me of the Good Cop Bad Cop routine at the cinema, the accents were absolutely identical - so come on Oh Miserable One own up, was it you wearing two hats tonight ???

PUSB

skyblueinBaku

spwaverley4916;170115. regarding Norwood I passed Sir Alex Ferguson on the way out and shouted across to him to ask if we could keep him the reply "aye but he will cost your 4 million" so thats that then !!!![/QUOTE said:
That would be money well spent.

cloughie

I do believe we had a second CWR Ian on tonight (no joke) - a few minutes after the real one had finished his usual totally ridiculous observations of the game another guy popped up with the same slow, drawling, nasal, boring pain in the arse voice BUT this fella was completely the opposite and actually praised the Blue Boys.

It reminded me of the Good Cop Bad Cop routine at the cinema, the accents were absolutely identical - so come on Oh Miserable One own up, was it you wearing two hats tonight ???

PUSB
I thought the same except I missed the beginning as they interupted Ian to go to Andy thorn and after the interveiw I thought he was back on

Plus Sturt linnell pulled ian up on changing his veiw about the game, sorry ian you delight anything negative or in negative in your own mind, oh well we won th FA cup once but hey we didnt deserve it as it was mabbuts knee

J

Jack Griffin

I thought Nimely was poor especially first half but i also thought when he was taken off he was starting to get the ball down and cause a bit of panic. Trouble with having Platt on when you have to chace a goal there is only one route to take. Should have packed the midfield first and deny Posh possession.

Nimley looked like he was tiring when he was taken off, he'd been chasing back a lot. Right decision. I think he needs to come off the bench for the Bristol game at the hour mark, probably for Platt.

BTW, didn't McDonald look like he had finally got his fitness. He wasn't moving around massively, but when it counted he was getting in & releasing the shots, sometimes apparently against the odds.

Otis

He was absolutely sozzled yesterday...and he sounded it on the radio as well.

The guy is a one-off, and a legend......of sorts!

Thought he might be.

Just made himself a right lemon when he said he couldn't recall the last time at all that Nimely had created anything and it turned out it was the very last home game!! :claping hands:

CCFC123

As much as I think Nimley is an excellent player his job is to score goals and he has failed to do that. In over 20 odd games for Boro and City he has scored once and that was just over the line v Boro. It's not good enough for a striker and he needs to do more. I agree he has got a few pens etc but we need goals from him.

There is no way Man City will retain him next season. If he cant score in the championship he obviously wont do it in the premiership will he?

Thought he might be.

Just made himself a right lemon when he said he couldn't recall the last time at all that Nimely had created anything and it turned out it was the very last home game!! :claping hands:

I left him in the pub and he was goosed out of his face...and when I got in the car, I heard him droning on....I knew he was going to slate Nimely, because he was saying he was shit throughout the game.

CWR love Ian....as he stirs debate.

jaymo132

Came on and was moaning about Nimely and said he offered nothing and said he doesn't score enough goals and shouldn't be playing.

'Replace him with who then?' came the reply from Stuart Linnell.

'Errr ....'

Yep, let's replace the non goalscoring of Nimely with Clive Platt who everyone has accepted hardly ever scores. Or if not Platt, let's select from one of the other many strikers we have at the club!!

When John Williams then said that although Nimely doesn't score enough he does create for other Ian said that he cannot recall the last time Nimely created anything at all.

Err, try the last home game Ian!! :facepalm: Great cross from Nimely for Norwood and the 2nd goal.

Now I have it confirmed that I go to the Ricoh and Ian goes to a completely different ground.

Why do CWR allow him on week in week out and spout the crap he does.The guy is a clown :censored:and an embarrasment :jerkit:

skablue

I've met Ian on a couple of occassions and he is a really nice bloke, he's just like's a drink when going to the match and has the bottle to speak on air which most people including myself are reluctant to do. Ian and Juggy we're studio guests on the friday night show a few months back, a lot of people on here we're saying that it was the best show for ages and they should have the pair on every week, from what I understand Ian hadn't had 8 pints prior to going into the studio!! If you don't like it, phone in yourselves and see what criticism may come your way.

Users who are viewing this thread