CWR Ian - Is he real 2 (1 Viewer)

How is it this guy is first on the scene on CWR after each game, for a start !!!

He must be a deliberate WUM with all the crap he says.

When asked "did you like the last half hour" answer, it was rubbish.

When asked whether Plattini was MOM answer NO

As the commentator implied he must be facing the back of the ricoh in Block 18 when watching CCFC as he seems to knock any vestige of support by fellow supporters

The man is an idiot - all I've got to say to you Ian Is YOUR BARRED - F Off to shipstone on Stour and never visit the Ricoh again.

PUSB

Tonylinc

He did say that he was very happy with the result. Somebody then said that if that was Ian being happy, then they would hate to hear him when he was unhappy. Made me laugh out loud!

Grendel

Not clever. He pays the money and he gives his view. Also he is right. Don't tell me if we ended that game goaless that their wouldn't have been hell to pay. The posts on here would have been less than complimentary.

Nonleagueherewecome

He's a stuck record, and mind-numbingly predictable. His views are badly articulated and ill thought out. He is prejudiced, and sounds like he'd rather we lose than win. I don't give a shit if he pays his license fee, I pay mine and don't want it wasted on giving a voice to such a one-eyed fool every bloody week!

skybluegod

Not clever. He pays the money and he gives his view. Also he is right. Don't tell me if we ended that game goaless that their wouldn't have been hell to pay. The posts on here would have been less than complimentary.

the thing is it didnt end goaless we won so there is reason to give praise.

ccfcway

Exactly !!!!

Grendel

the thing is it didnt end goaless we won so there is reason to give praise.

He is just honest, the game was shockingly devoid of any quality. Both goalkeepers may as well have been on holiday. We scored. Good. As a spectacle it was still rubbish.

Nonleagueherewecome

But to say Platt was rubbish? C'mon! He's a WUM, and I'm sick of him! Eakin, you read this forum-get rid of him as of now, or you'll be losing listeners!

Tonylinc

Can I please ask a question? What the hell is a "WUM".....Yes I am very out of touch with modern speech but really want to know the answer.

He's a stuck record, and mind-numbingly predictable. His views are badly articulated and ill thought out. He is prejudiced, and sounds like he'd rather we lose than win. I don't give a shit if he pays his license fee, I pay mine and don't want it wasted on giving a voice to such a one-eyed fool every bloody week!

I forgot to add on the way back to my club in the car I actually yelled out obscenities when this prat was "talking" - I could do without it at my age.

I think he would be delighted if we got relegated as his whole personna is totally and utterly negative - stay away from the Ricoh we don't need you.

PUSB

Didge76

But to say Platt was rubbish? C'mon! He's a WUM, and I'm sick of him! Eakin, you read this forum-get rid of him as of now, or you'll be losing listeners!

Shut up you muppet. He spoke pretty much the truth. Linnell saying that the last 30 mins was exciting end to end action, well what planet was he on??? Out of the whole game we played for 3 mins and thankfully got the goal. Least Ian says it how it is which most of the time is very poor. If you don't like what he says phone in yourself.

Macca

Can I please ask a question? What the hell is a "WUM".....Yes I am very out of touch with modern speech but really want to know the answer.

its generally what people on football forums call people that don't agree with their opinion

Grendel

Ian cannot bring himself to accept what we now are. He sees platt and thinks he should be seeing Dublin.

emsiby

Why do they have to put him on after EVERY game?? Surely there are other people that ring and never get to voice their opinion on air!! I actually switched off when he came on today!!

dongonzalos

I am sure he said something to the effect of if you give Platt the man of the match you are having a laugh.

Tells me all I need to know about his knowledge of football. Pretty happy I can listen smile then discount his view to be honest. Not worth getting wound up about.

Grendel

I am sure he said something to the effect of if you give Platt the man of the match you are having a laugh.

Tells me all I need to know about his knowledge of football. Pretty happy I can listen smile then discount his view to be honest. Not worth getting wound up about.

It tells you a lot about football, if he didn't score he would not be man of the match and the abuse on here would be at a different level. His view was reflective of many others until the last minute though he does put it across in an over the top way.

dongonzalos

It tells you a lot about football, if he didn't score he would not be man of the match and the abuse on here would be at a different level. His view was reflective of many others until the last minute though he does put it across in an over the top way.

Completely disagree with you, you were at the match werent you? His goal was the reward he deserved for a solid strong performance. Without what he did we could have been under a hell of a lot more pressure instead the stats speak for themselves 19 shots by us 3 by them. Platts unmovable object role creates so much opportunity and freedom for others. You also are not going to like what I am going to say next but I would love it if we could have Cody and Nimley feeding off him but I know in the current circumstances that is an unlikely prospect.

Regarding the original point though I kinda expect it from Ian he is absolutely clueless and I think he sees it as his moment of fame to act like that. However regarding yourselve I dont know if you genuinely believe what you are saying about Platt. Which if you do it lowers my opinion about your football knowledge. Or if you are like Adrian Durham and just trying to get a bit of a reaction

dongonzalos

Completely disagree with you, you were at the match werent you? His goal was the reward he deserved for a solid strong performance. Without what he did we could have been under a hell of a lot more pressure instead the stats speak for themselves 19 shots by us 3 by them. Platts unmovable object role creates so much opportunity and freedom for others. You also are not going to like what I am going to say next but I would love it if we could have Cody and Nimley feeding off him but I know in the current circumstances that is an unlikely prospect.

Regarding the original point though I kinda expect it from Ian he is absolutely clueless and I think he sees it as his moment of fame to act like that. However regarding yourselve I dont know if you genuinely believe what you are saying about Platt. Which if you do it lowers my opinion about your football knowledge. Or if you are like Adrian Durham and just trying to get a bit of a reaction

Luckily someone else has started a Plat thread which seems to reflect a more accurate view

Grendel

My comment about abuse was not aimed at platt. He did ok just ok. It was a comment aimed at how football fans react. You tell me what the main post on here would be if that goal did not go in - and there would be no post on platt.

Don't imply I didn't attend either. I the he'll could I comment on a game I wasn't at.

My comment about abuse was not aimed at platt. He did ok just ok. It was a comment aimed at how football fans react. You tell me what the main post on here would be if that goal did not go in - and there would be no post on platt.

Don't imply I didn't attend either. I the he'll could I comment on a game I wasn't at.

With respect KD Plat's performance was surely better than "OK" - check the consensus of people rating each player six out of eleven rated him MOM - PLUS he took out at least two players when receiving high and short balls to head, chest and feet.

Please give some credit to a guy bursting with CCFC leffort and commitment.

PUSB

Otis

I thought Platt played really well today. Some great flick-ons, he held the ball up well and nearly scored a goal that whisked past the post before he got his winner.

Definitely MOTM for me.

torchomatic

But it didn't end goaless. We won. Be happy.

@richh87

Own up - you're Ian aren't you! If not I think you've found your soul-mate.

wingy

Just maybe ,possibly ,no mind reader, Ian may have felt that due to the lack of movement in the first half ,everything was slow ,turgid ,players playing with fear ,resulting in poor ,hopeful deliveries to Platt ,that did'nt give him much chance to win ,let alone make anything happen for those around him ,that certainly changed in the second half . So he might just be heaping undeserved critism on Platt due to his general frustration ,but then again !!!!

@richh87

Spot on. Well said that man!

rob9872

Can't believe people think Platt only got MoM because he got the goal. So often that is the Sun reporters way of finding MoM but I had the front two pencilled in long before then even without scoring. Their work-rate and combination against tight marking with little room for creating chances was as good a partnership as I've seen for some time at the Ricoh. Its a combination that I hope will grow over time and get even better as they get more understanding of eachother. Platt is a very limited ability player, but I can't think he has ever played much better than he has done in recent home games.

Astute

By yourself especially

Users who are viewing this thread