Barton
Fleck

Strikers
Clarke
McDonald
O'Donovan
Ball (on loan)
Elliott

(Doesn't include The Kids- Willis, Daniels, Jeffers etc)

Last edited:

ccfcway

ta, added them now.

Amazing how strong it looks when we have had as few injures that we have had under Robins.

The kids havent even got a look in this season, (remember Daniels playing under AT).

Mucca Mad Boys

ta, added them now.

Amazing how strong it looks when we have had as few injures that we have had under Robins.

The kids havent even got a look in this season, (remember Daniels playing under AT).

Daniels weren't great when I seen him play...

ccfcway

ta, added them now.

It wouldnt surprise me to see Ball go back to Derby in the near future and us to let eitehr RoD or Cody move on

Cbaker89

Yea clear out a few players like Malaga, rod, McDonald we could have what looks like a very strong squad on paper however we don't know how Leon Clarke is going to turn out yet as an example but for once selecting the starting eleven is a bit of a headache

wingy

ta, added them now.

that was Cos Jennings+Barton had'nt had full pre=season and had been injured /late signings etc.

@richh87

Great to see us fielding a team of men instead of kids. Last season we got out-battled most weeks despite dominating possession.

Hopefully SISU are finally getting a grasp of the link between a strong squad and results. Still, too late now - they relegated us.

covcity4life

what do i think?

need LB cover

capable defence although lacking at right back

best midfield in league

hit and miss upfront(pun intended)

all in all we have to aim top 6

Now that Hussey is gone we need some cover at Left-back. Theres no guarantee that Adams will sign for us permanently after his week long loan expires. Personally i think we should have waited to release Hussey til we knew that deal is gonna happen. It can still fall through. Bell is getting back to full fitness so he could still be useful, i doubt it but it can happen. If we leaves, which he probs will, i wanna see Keanu Marsh Brown come to City. He'll be affordable, he's young, fast, agile and he's got a lot more in him. We need some pace on the wings. I dont think Baker is fast enough. He should be played in the centre. We need another Moussa-esque player ont he wing and KMB fits the bill. If we let ROD and Cody go on loan we need another striker or we're gonna be in trouble if Clarke or Elliott get injured or suspended. We're fine for midfielders and got plenty of cover for GK, but i feel we need a replacement left-back even if we get Adams cus we need some cover. Maybe Willis can play at left-back. We'll have to wait and see what Robins will do. Brown has gone and Malaga is on his way out so another centre-back is needed. I've heard we're getting an up and coming defender from rotherham so if we get him we should be ok

covcity4life

he has scored same amount as cody and more than rod.

so if you dont think we can rely on him why would you care about losing cody and rod?????????

RichieGunns

Daniels weren't great when I seen him play...

But Thorn played Daniels out of position in those games.

He had him as a defensive midfielder but im pretty sure Daniels had played mostly as a striker before that.

I think he's got promise, just needs more time and maybe the chance to play in his prefered position!

covcity4life

yeh but if you dont rate callum you cant rate cody and rod either so regardless we are down 2 strikers in your mind right now.

ccfcway

Because we need cover and 3 first team strikers in my opinion isn't enough

We only play with 1 striker... Clarke, so currently, we have ball, eiliott, cody, rod as cover for one positipon. Argueably the most covered position in the squad. Are they good enough ?, thats a different question.

lordsummerisle

Great to see us fielding a team of men instead of kids. Last season we got out-battled most weeks despite dominating possession.

Hopefully SISU are finally getting a grasp of the link between a strong squad and results. Still, too late now - they relegated us.

You popped up to celebrate the years anniversary of the great take-over?

We only play with 1 striker... Clarke, so currently, we have ball, eiliott, cody, rod as cover for one positipon. Argueably the most covered position in the squad. Are they good enough ?, thats a different question.
Cody can be good enough eventually if he stays fit and finds some form. Personally im not a fan of this 4-4-1-1 formation as we have to rely on one man. Personally i think it would be best 2 have 2 so we have a denser attack. ROD needs to go. He's a nice bloke but he's not the best footballer in the world. Ball was ok as a goal creator but i dont think he's gonna be the next Goldie, but he can be useful. And with Billy Daniels and Shaun Jeffers waiting in the wings, i think that should be enough. Clarke, Elliott, Cody and Ball

Users who are viewing this thread