Current situation (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a few thoughts really no particular order

- The recent newspaper and club announcements have changed nothing. The situation is that currently CCFC have no way of paying their liabilities as they fall due.... rent is but one of those liabilities. Important expression that because it is a definition of insolvency, and the directors (not the shareholders, not the fund holders or fund managers) have to give very serious consideration to administration or liquidation or face personal liability for wrongful trading.

- I absolutely agree that it is a positive that talks are taking place. However if the council are saying rent has to stay at £1.2m in current circumstances then there is no point to them. I would have thought the shareholders in ACL realise this but want to know what plan SISU have for CCFC going forward (a plan with warts and all) - not at all unreasonable as it will affect, perhaps significantly, the company they own and their own debt repayments

- I absolutely agree that it is a positive that SISU want to finally engage in talks with stakeholders at the Ricoh - should have happened literally years ago. BUT there is no talks or discussions or negotiations if all SISU are saying is we want the income streams at the Ricoh and ACL has to give them to us or we liquidate the club. That is not discussion in any shape or form. The income streams have a value - apparently have great value to CCFC if their future depends on it - what are SISU offering in payment for the value

- I agree we need to look forward not keep raking up the past. It is however very difficult to just focus on the future when we are not given even the present facts. Raking over the coals is what is left for many fans.

- Yes there should be greater links to the fans and greater fan involvement in the ownership. A little more than a throw away line at the end of a pre-prepared interview is needed. How when and why, are questions i want answered. If it is just a way to spread the risk for SISU and not actually fund the team then i suspect few will be interested

- Yes if CCFC goes into admin, but more likely liquidation imo, then there is a loss of income & value to the stadium but would it mean there was no football team probably not. It would clear the decks for a restart ..... a restart that is probably an easier problem to solve than retaining the present debt. You might find that Council Charity ACL are far more supportive in terms of initial costs depending on the owners. You might find a good level of support for a restart amongst the fans that would boost the initial finances.

- you might say that if admin or liquidation take place then SISU are in control or even some new owner. BUT ACL operate the stadium and any new company would need to be vetted by ACL to see if they are a suitably funded tenant. Any new club would require a ground to be registered with the league, in a sense ACL would control that if it were to be a Coventry team. ACL would also control the lease and its terms that could allow for a new club starting. A team starting elsewhere say ground sharing at Birmingham is not a Coventry team it is just a new frachise

- ACL will at some point have to take some action

- these talks are not really about the rent ..... it is all about SISU getting their hands on the income streams at no cost and then having an exit strategy that maximises the return on the loans their investors made.

- If the owners were so taken by the value of the opportunity they have at CCFC then why not convert the loans to shares. I bet they wont. Why not be ready with signed off accounts and budgets. These are hard nosed money people. The £ sign is their driving factor. I dont have a problem with that, I dont have a problem with them wanting a return, I dont have a problem with them driving costs down so we break even - but do not dress it up as a love for the club and its fans, there is little evidence of that and comes across as arrogant insincere and dismissive

Yes look forward, yes deal with what is but take it all at face value I do not think so. Surely by now we have learned to take in face value, process it and think, before asking why?

It is brinksmanship ...... hold your nerve

just my opinions

ps I think the whole SISU charm campaign has an obvious and a more obscure agenda. Obvious is the one where SISU are seen trying to cut costs, increasing income, fighting for the club. The less obvious one is that whilst SISU are seen to be fighting for the club they are backing ACL, Council, Charity into a corner and if it goes bust it will be seen by many that they not SISU/CCFC took the club down financially.... perhaps important for how SISU want the fans to see it but certainly important as to how they want their investors to see it - they afterall stand to lose nearly £40m apparently ...... all about the money every time!

Last edited:

SkyblueBri

I agree and how ever it comes about, as soon as possible we need a clean start, so that the fans can start to support the club in what ever league with hope for a winning run.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thank god for that CC4L :D

Sorry about the length of the thread Boss but is hard to explain in a few words adequately

So for a fellow poster I know and do not want to get sacked for taking too much time reading it

summary
Welcome the talks if they are constructive
its brinksmanship
SISU dont hold all the cards but are driven solely by money
dont believe all you read from SISU or even Council
there is more to this than meets the eye
we are all but bust
but we need to look forward more than back
even when things look bleakest there are still options or alternatives

:D:wave:

Cov 4 Prem

Summary of situation

Joy Sepella, speaking out properly albeit vaguely for the first time in 4 years close pre-season to try and bring a few more fans onside where previously it has been the SISU muppets and puppets who have come out and said this and that regarding budgets and players - all lies.

Again, some people have took this on board and thought well she is the boss, she is this and saying that it must have some element of truth.

I am going to go back to the previous paragraph, we now are in close season - the minimal amount of income for the weekend matches is no longer incoming. Season ticket sales are what they are reliant on. Now, this has been the case previously where we have been lied to so why does anybody not put 2 and 2 together and reach the verdict that we are again being attempted to be led down the proverbial garden path to bring in any sort of revenue stream.

The season hasn't even been finished a week yet:

We aren't paying the rent for our stadium, which isn't in use close pre-season so obviously SISU don't see it viable to pay the £100'000.

We have lost a promising youth aspect (regardless of attitude, he will come back and bite us)

Rumours regarding the future of the youth, which have helped to save us from finish rock bottom.

We have lost our captain and Freddy - Although inevitable and knew was going to happen it in theory should free up wages to begin rebuilding and re-platforming, however in the previous two months we have digested a further £200'000 of bills which are outstanding on top of whatever we currently have these wages will just be absorbed into the metaphorical black hole that is SISU.

As it stands - our squad will be lesser in numbers than last year and we will be kicked out of our stadium unless we direct the kick to SISU. The media spotlight is now off of them with the season off and i'm not saying they are un-touchable but saying that it's harder.

Yes we can moan and groan about SISU but moaning and groaning here isn't going to do a single thing, we need to take action as soon as possible or they will continue on their merry ways.

This wasn't a bias or attempted post to damage the feelings of people or invoke myself into anything - just a clear summary of what is happening.

What we know is frightening, what is going on in the depth of the depth of the club and how the sheets are looking is un-thinkable.

Don't shoot me down in flames, haven't posted for a while but thought I would just summarize what we all know.

SkyblueBri

This is the deadline This is from the Portsmouth web site

"the creditors' meeting tomorrow may well give us all an indication of just what the fate of Portsmouth FC might be before the Football League hold their AGM on June 2nd to determine if the club can fulfil its fixtures next season."

It is going to be an interesting month.

Users who are viewing this thread