current cov player speaks (1 Viewer)

skybluejack10

now, i'm going to apologise in advance for this but i can't mention his name because i don't think it's fair on players to have what they say repeated, but i can assure you what he says is true...
didn't say much interesting but cleared up a few things, spoke to him yesterday.

He said jennings is still injured and won;t feature for a couple of weeks (which everyone already knows now)
he said mcdonald is looking really sharp in training and hasn't done anything wrong as far as he's aware, just isn't being picked ATM. Said cody was very disappointed not to feature against arsenal on wednesday though because he's a gunners fan through and through.
Said he was absolutely knackered after the arsenal match and didn't get back til half 1.
He said you don't appreciate how good arsenal are and how fast they move and play the ball around until you play them and that everyone was just astounded by them.
He said when shaw was in charge, he never had a chance of changing things around because he thought it'd be best to keep to thorn;s tactics, to save the players from having to change around tactics and formations too much when a new manager did come in. so shaw was changing nothing for the players sake.
He was full of praise for Mark Robins and said he's organising them well and working them hard.
He Can't understand why they've still not won a game but said as soon as we do, the only way is up from there on.
When he left, he was just about to get off to training

@richh87

Cheers Jack, good stuff.

I think Robins will get us up the table quickly. I had wondered why Shaw stuck to the same team every week with the same tactics and it makes sense.

Otis

But if true that would also say that Shaw knew he would never get the job.

if there were still Thorn's tactics it doesn't look too good on Thorn then either does it.

coundonskyblue

But if true that would also say that Shaw knew he would never get the job.

if there were still Thorn's tactics it doesn't look too good on Thorn then either does it.

Perhaps Shaw was hoping there was nothing wrong with Thorn's tactics, just that the players wern't motivated under him?

This line concerns me slightly:

He Can't understand why they've still not won a game but said as soon as we do, the only way is up from there on.

Whilst its good the players have belief in themselves, I'm also concerned that they believe they are so above this division they simply have to turn up. Once the win does come I think we can rocket up the league, but it will only happen with hard work.

wingy

Its the Cody element that interests me the most .What is the motivation for potentially leaving out what appears to be our most natural finisher from the team .A player we actually payed a fee for and sold one of our better defenders to obtain.How is he ever going to settle when he's at best had a run of around 4 games at a time.If they don't use him and develope him ,when he leaves they'll get nothing for him. I'm bewildered.:confused::facepalm::(

kingharvest

Whilst its good the players have belief in themselves, I'm also concerned that they believe they are so above this division they simply have to turn up. Once the win does come I think we can rocket up the league, but it will only happen with hard work.

Belief that you are capable of winning games is crucial. The attitude of this unknown player is what we need. However, belief in ability is one thing, realising the effort, work rate, and commitment needed is another.

Everyone always says the great teams work tirelessly.

There was an amazing interview with the NFL player Ray Lewis. He's 37 now and still playing. He says that he's seen players come and go with more talent in their little finger than he's got. But they've never taken his spot in the team because none of them are willing to work as hard as he does to ensure they're as good as they can be.

Sick Boy

I am not sure why certain people who refused to believe Jack's last post about Baker's wife and training being cancelled etc etc, now suddenly believe him?

@richh87

I am not sure why certain people who refused to believe Jack's last post about Baker's wife and training being cancelled etc etc, now suddenly believe him?

Not seen that. You remember what the thread was called?

Grendel

Its the Cody element that interests me the most .What is the motivation for potentially leaving out what appears to be our most natural finisher from the team .A player we actually payed a fee for and sold one of our better defenders to obtain.How is he ever going to settle when he's at best had a run of around 4 games at a time.If they don't use him and develope him ,when he leaves they'll get nothing for him. I'm bewildered.:confused::facepalm::(

However he is nearly 27 and still not managed to establish himself as a regular in any team other than one loan spell in League 2. That suggests a problem with the player.

wingy

However he is nearly 27 and still not managed to establish himself as a regular in any team other than one loan spell in League 2. That suggests a problem with the player.

God is he really that age?I know he broke into the league game late ,having come from a scaffolding background and discoverd at Dagenham.Shades of Shaun flynn ,David Busst.Don't get me wrong I have concerns that he has'nt been prolific with us ,I have him as converting 2 of 8 clear chances this season but had felt that he looked hungry for it ,his movement / positioning and workrate were all good .Its the intermittent aspect of our use of him that bothers me as a run of 4 at a time does'nt necessarilly allow the understandings and especially confidence to establish itself ,and future payback if we offload .Maybe you have a point and he's just a dudd .:(

ashbyjan

Grendel - his age is irrelevant, he didnt actually turn full time pro until Jan 2009. He made 25 appearances for Norwich, mainly as a sub including one appearance as emergency keeper, and scored 4 goals. His full season at Gillingham netted 25 goals in 41 appearances and since joining us hes ben a bit part player. He is the most natural striker at the club, give him games and he will score. He is far more dangerous than Elliott ever will be.

speedie87

Grendel - his age is irrelevant, he didnt actually turn full time pro until Jan 2009. He made 25 appearances for Norwich, mainly as a sub including one appearance as emergency keeper, and scored 4 goals. His full season at Gillingham netted 25 goals in 41 appearances and since joining us hes ben a bit part player. He is the most natural striker at the club, give him games and he will score. He is far more dangerous than Elliott ever will be.

McDonald is poor. When will people learn that scoring in league 2 doesn't make u a good player. Morrell and Eastwood had better records prior to joining and they weren't up to it either.

OyJimmy

Because he's not the most natural finisher? He gets into position well enough and has pace but then doesn't finish. In terms of best finishers at the club I'd say Mcsheffrey is the best finisher but the rest of his game is off the boil at the moment. Mcgoldrick is best all rounder but sometimes too greedy.

stupot07

He netted his goals in league two though, he was abit part player with Norwich in league one and when they go promoted to the championship they sent him out on loan to Gillingham, so effectively he was deemed not good enough or Norwich in league one or championship.

I like the lad, but I can see that he doesn't offer mug in terms of general play.

Users who are viewing this thread