Curl in from a corner challenge (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

Our sponsor have made a promotional video of some of our players attempting to score from a corner. Sadly Hamer not in it (maybe it would be too unfair?).

Special recognition for our new signing Ben Moore. Not sure when he turned up! 😅

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Even though it's impossible, I was still expecting one of the Dacosta efforts to go straight to an opposition player

Given his positional sense I was more worried that when they told him to try and score from a corner he'd be stood on the penalty spot.

ccfcrob

Do we think that part of the sponsorship deal was the Boylesports get exclusive rights to videos like this. That might explain it

SkyBlueGuy

A point from this video: Would Da Costa be taking part in this kind of thing of he was in the "bomb squad"? I know he doesn't have many fans at the moment, but I do think his crosses have seemed really dangerous at times. He also seemed willing to play the ball early. This is something I would like to see more often from the team as a whole, because I do think we are guilty of over working the ball in the build up to attack at times.

SlowerThanPlatt

A point from this video: Would Da Costa be taking part in this kind of thing of he was in the "bomb squad"? I know he doesn't have many fans at the moment, but I do think his crosses have seemed really dangerous at times. He also seemed willing to play the ball early. This is something I would like to see more often from the team as a whole, because I do think we are guilty of over working the ball in the build up to attack at times.

Would be pre recorded? And then staggered over the month/year

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Yeah I think the criticism of Dacosta is OTT. He's clearly not the finished article by any stretch, but his raw ability is exciting; he's direct, fast, great energy. He was unplayable against Forest (?) last season.

The areas where he lacks (defending, positional play, decision making) are very much coachable, so I wouldn't be surprised to see significant improvement from him if given the time.

Hopefully the boo-boys don't crush his confidence before then.

larry_david

Yeah I think the criticism of Dacosta is OTT. He's clearly not the finished article by any stretch, but his raw ability is exciting; he's direct, fast, great energy. He was unplayable against Forest (?) last season.

The areas where he lacks (defending, positional play, decision making) are very much coachable, so I wouldn't be surprised to see significant improvement from him if given the time.

Yeah people are talking like we've dragged Magwitch in at RWB, it's all a bit silly.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's more about his positioning than anything. Defence is only as good as it's weakest link and if you've got one player not keeping to the same message as everyone else it's a big problem.

I'm sure everyone wants him to sort it out and be a success here but you'd have thought that having played at a half decent level for a few years it wouldn't be such an issue. Even if you think it might be a change from coming to England and despite the language barrier, having been here over a year he might have a decent idea of where he should be but he's still often massively out of position and having to be told where he should be by his teammates. You do start to wonder if it will actually sink in.

oscillatewildly

I don't know - maybe it's the way my mind works these days but after reading the post title I thought this would be a competition in defecating from a tight spot.

Users who are viewing this thread