Cryptocurrencies (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

have just invested some money in the crypto currency market.
IOTA, ADA and XRP.
Small stake in all 3.
Need to get my share trading account up and running as I've been promising to do for about 2 years (!), I think i'll just drip feed small amounts in to my crypto account so I don't lose too much if it goes tits up.

shmmeee

Since I started play investing (small amounts of meme stocks and practice picks) the only investments I’ve made money on are BTC and Etherium.

Nick

Administrator
How did I miss this? Fucking hell only from Friday too.

Just got into it and chucked some money in.

Are you all keeping it in there or trading?

clint van damme

BTC currently trading at near record price.....47K GBP !!

Anyone selling? holding? still buying?

Expect to make a profit on other cryptos when bitcoin halves but don't think it will be anything life changing.
Bottled out of throwing 10k into bitcoin when it dropped to 19k, would have made a nice profit but as they say, fortune favours the brave, (and not wankers like me!).

CCFCSteve

Could be interesting times. Recent price action has been driven predominantly by U.S. institutional investors, pensions, people with U.S share accounts etc after spot bitcoin ETFs were approved over there. Not only have the various spot Bitcoin ETFs attracted significant direct investment, some global/all in one ETFs (mix of equity holdings, fixed income etc), also now offer a small exposure to crypto as part of a balanced portfolio. This has brought some legitimacy to the asset class and should continue to attract (potentially significant) institutional monies into the space for the first time

Retail hasn’t even started FOMOing in yet and as mentioned by Clint, the ‘halving’, which is usually start of the driver behind bigger increases/gains is still another couple of months away. Who knows though, maybe this time is a little different

Still a volatile asset class and will no doubt burn a fair few people. like any investment people need to be careful, especially chasing bigger returns on alt coins. Only invest what you don’t mind losing

wingy

Could be interesting times. Recent price action has been driven predominantly by U.S. institutional investors, pensions, people with U.S share accounts etc after spot bitcoin ETFs were approved over there. Not only have the various spot Bitcoin ETFs attracted significant direct investment, some global/all in one ETFs (mix of equity holdings, fixed income etc), also now offer a small exposure to crypto as part of a balanced portfolio. This has brought some legitimacy to the asset class and should continue to attract (potentially significant) institutional monies into the space for the first time

Retail hasn’t even started FOMOing in yet and as mentioned by Clint, the ‘halving’, which is usually start of the driver behind bigger increases/gains is still another couple of months away. Who knows though, maybe this time is a little different

Still a volatile asset class and will no doubt burn a fair few people. like any investment people need to be careful, especially chasing bigger returns on alt coins. Only invest what you don’t mind losing
Expect Inflation if it ever gets adopted!

PVA

Tried BTC and ETH a while back and kept getting the timing wrong.

Finally got it right this time after buying some in Jan, it's risen 50% since then.

Only problem is I'm not remotely knwoledgable enough on it to know whether to sell or keep riding it.

clint van damme

Finally got it right this time after buying some in Jan, it's risen 50% since then.

Only problem is I'm not remotely knwoledgable enough on it to know whether to sell or keep riding it.

My advice, if you've got Bitcoin, hold it, but I know fuck all!
If you've made 50% is it worth withdrawing enough to make a profit but leaving some in?

shmmeee

There’s no knowledge mate. It’s a gamble. Go with your gut.

PVA

There’s no knowledge mate. It’s a gamble. Go with your gut.

Yeah fair point.

Fuck it.

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

Mr Panda

I've started dabbling with a nominal amount (very nominal) in crypto and bought ETH, BTC and Solana recently to make a little profit. I'm guessing there might be a little crash in BTC just before the halving and I'll throw a little more in across these coins in anticipation of an upward curve.

The majority of my investment money is still going towards stocks and ETFs.

Sick Boy

I'm considering investing in some but have never done it before - would Solana be worth it?

I used to know a couple of people who started mining Bitcoin back in the mid-00s; needless to say, they're loaded now.

CCFCSteve

I'm considering investing in some but have never done it before - would Solana be worth it?

I used to know a couple of people who started mining Bitcoin back in the mid-00s; needless to say, they're loaded now.

Many are saying that solana is the main layer 1 blockchain rival to etherium, maybe even better due to low transaction cost and speed (transactions per second). This lends itself to a lot of consumer type applications that can be built on it. Sure I heard/read its planned to process similar transactions per second as visa. They have had the odd outage though which is a concern and also it was tarnished by FTX (went bust) being a large investor/backer, but there’s a lot happening on the chain*

Risk wise most would probably say Bitcoin, then Etherium and then possibly solana then others. Rumours etherium might (50/50) have an eft approved in next 2-3 months, which would attract institutional investors, pensions, share traders etc like bitcoins did.

As with most things the riskier they are considered, the higher the potential reward….but also the higher likelihood of losing money. Depends on people’s personal financial position and risk tolerance I guess.

*I’m saying all this as a layman who has kept an eye on the market, not a tech geek.

CCFCSteve

£1.4m

I’m not crying. You’re crying.

(I like to tell this story for the lols, but in reality the second they were worth £100 in total I’d have sold them and bought some drugs/beer/videogames so probably lost nothing)

Good way to look at it and just think of the drugs and booze from £1.4m…dangerous levels. Losing the laptop might’ve saved your life !

PVA

BTC dipped below 50k last week but back on the move and possibly heading to a new record high.

Need to start buying some of these dips I think.

Users who are viewing this thread