Crowd v Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I won't be there Mrs mole has friends over to celebrate her 65th on Sunday, I can't believe both her and City changed it from Saturday😢😢😢😢

No excuse - years ago my parents arranged a 21st party for me one Saturday, and it clashed with Norwich away, so party had to be moved to the night before #hungoverinNorwich

fatso

If it's a sky red button game, it might knock a thousand or so off the gate, I'm thinking around 18k would be good.

Old Warwickshire lad

Yep definite 15000 core crowd. Another test to see if those 15000 have got any friends they can persuade. Would think they may push 2000. Be nice to get over 20000 for a few
I managed 2 extra for Cardiff and hopefully 2 more going Friday. Not sure they will be regulars though.
We lost too many in the wonder years, will take years to get them back.
Need the “ I only go to away games” lot to start turning up.

Londonccfcfan

You would like to think 18000 home fans that turned up vs Forest (sky game) on a Sunday afternoon. Would turn up for this. It's not holiday season either.

pusbccfc

Our core fan base is what it is. I don’t understand people’s expectations.

A few things:

The 45,000 at Wembley. They are there somewhere but we don't see them regularly enough. Granted, most probably go to a few games a season but collectively we have seen anything remotely similar in a League match since.

Bar that brief period around 10 years ago (in which we actually managed to get a *home* crowd of around 22k against Leeds) , this is the highest position we've been in and personally the most exciting team I've seen since the latter years in the PL.

We're not going to sell out, and we are not likely to get 25k anytime soon but if we get less on Friday than the previous fixtures this season, we have a right to be disappointed.

Sadly, the club has had no opportunity to build a fanbase since moving to the Ricoh. The total opposite in fact. Leicester, Southampton and Stoke are examples of clubs from similar historic positions and catchment areas. They grew and they get far greater crowds than us. This has to be the time we begin to grow as a club. It's been good so far but if the form continues you have to hope the crowds will too.

pusbccfc

You would like to think 18000 home fans that turned up vs Forest (sky game) on a Sunday afternoon. Would turn up for this. It's not holiday season either.

It's cheaper and we are playing very good football. We could literally go top. Anything less would be disappointing for me.

Friday night football is arguably better. Few people work then and the late night aspect isn't comparable to a Tuesday.

Evo1883

I managed 2 extra for Cardiff and hopefully 2 more going Friday. Not sure they will be regulars though.

To be honest as an away day regular... most do already go home matches

Londonccfcfan

It's cheaper and we are playing very good football. We could literally go top. Anything less would be disappointing for me.

Friday night football is arguably better. Few people work then and the late night aspect isn't comparable to a Tuesday.

We are making a night of it...getting up early check into hotel in afternoon.

Mixed Grill at Kushi or The crow..545pm. Few beers.

Then night out in cov after.

Tommo1993

A few things:

The 45,000 at Wembley. They are there somewhere but we don't see them regularly enough. Granted, most probably go to a few games a season but collectively we have seen anything remotely similar in a League match since.

Bar that brief period around 10 years ago (in which we actually managed to get a *home* crowd of around 22k against Leeds) , this is the highest position we've been in and personally the most exciting team I've seen since the latter years in the PL.

We're not going to sell out, and we are not likely to get 25k anytime soon but if we get less on Friday than the previous fixtures this season, we have a right to be disappointed.

Sadly, the club has had no opportunity to build a fanbase since moving to the Ricoh. The total opposite in fact. Leicester, Southampton and Stoke are examples of clubs from similar historic positions and catchment areas. They grew and they get far greater crowds than us. This has to be the time we begin to grow as a club. It's been good so far but if the form continues you have to hope the crowds will too.

Well perhaps dropping a few incentives here and there instead of the usual one per season might work. £20-25 is fairly cheap at this level but not cheap enough to drive in thousands of more fans.

pusbccfc

Well perhaps dropping a few incentives here and there instead of the usual one per season might work. £20-25 is fairly cheap at this level but not cheap enough to drive in thousands of more fans.

Not sure it works though. Unless you drop to £10, we rarely see worthwhile increases when tickets are discounted.

lord_garrincha

I tend to avoid conversations like this. It's a personal choice & the effects of the previous 18-months (both health & financial) will take its toll.

I'm fortunate enough that I can afford to buy a season ticket for me & my kids... and this week dropped a considerable amount of cash to watch Eng v Ind/SA at Edgbaston next summer... Purely my choice... I am not going to have a pop at anyone who does not do so. You can only control what you do... So wait until 9.15 on Friday for the attendance

For what it's worth... They could have done a £30/35 deal for next two home games, with Fulham being on TV... but I doubt it would have that much impact.

Tommo1993

Not sure it works though. Unless you drop to £10, we rarely see worthwhile increases when tickets are discounted.

So I return to the original point, the core fan base is what it is and as pointed out above - personal choice. We won’t be seeing regular 20k home fans until we’re a solid, established top half team imo.

Tommo1993

You're spot on and it's a shame.

I wonder what the crowd on Friday would have been if we were 16th in the table.

Most of us do it because we’ve done it for years and know no different. I’m hoping the being able to attend games hasn’t driven up numbers for this season and given us a false reading for the time being of what to expect at the current level. The only way to build is to keep progressing I guess then.

Tile Hill Phil

My future son in law went to the Cardiff game and enjoyed it. He's going up again against Peterborough and taking his mate and his sister, think he's getting the sky blue bug
Be good if all the regulars could try and take someone along and get them addicted like us regulars

Sky Blue Harry H

What has been obvious to the regulars up there, is that this season there is a completely different atmosphere, Really hoping that the positive atmosphere continues. Difficult in this division, and obviously we can't win every home game, but if we can win often enough at The CBS , the atmosphere will be great and make the experience good enough to make the 'occasionals' want to return (see @Tile Hill Phil )

Last edited:

Old Warwickshire lad

That’s great Evo.I hope you are right, and all the talk about not supporting SISU is just talk.
I will never forgive sisu for what they have done, but don’t see supporting the city at home means I support sisu.

JAM See

In Cornwall for this one. Given season tickets to friends. How can I watch it?
It'll almost definitely be on that there internet.

How to do it I'm not sure
Everyone else seems to know.
Surely you can find out.
Go for it.
Otherwise you'll miss out
All told it can't be that difficult.
Last line from me.

(That's an acrostic by the way)

Sky Blue Pete

It'll almost definitely be on that there internet.

How to do it I'm not sure
Everyone else seems to know.
Surely you can find out.
Go for it.
Otherwise you'll miss out
All told it can't be that difficult.
Last line from me.

(That's an acrostic by the way)
It’s not on sky is it?

JAM See

It may be on the wireless!
It won'be in Cornwall.

5live aren't going to put it on.
CWR is not available in Cornwall via FM, and BBC Sounds doesn't let you listen to the game live on CWR (no idea why).

Don't think it's on Sky (the game has been moved to accommodate Wasps, not for TV).

SAJ

I’d agree with that. Not sure but I think Millwall is the only game than has gone to general sale. Most away tickets seem to go within the first 48 hours on sale and many have been one or two tickets per season ticket holder which tends to support Evo’s comments.

Sky Blue Pete

It won'be in Cornwall.

5live aren't going to put it on.
CWR is not available in Cornwall via FM, and BBC Sounds doesn't let you listen to the game live on CWR (no idea why).

Don't think it's on Sky (the game has been moved to accommodate Wasps, not for TV).
I follow should be ok shouldn’t it?

Users who are viewing this thread