Crowd on Saturday (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

There was 11500 vs Burton on Friday night. Reckon 12500 vs Oxford , they will bring 800/1000 probably.
I’ve just read that it’s Oxfords Family Away Day match offer they do once a season where they give free coach travel to members. Doesn’t say how many they have sold but it should increase the numbers they bring.

Gint11

Sisu missing a big trick here as usual. Drop the legal s now. Do a deal now with wasps, put next years season tickets on sale now for league one promotion charge/championship. With no price rise if we are are promoted for early birds.

I thought this. Purely on dropping the legal action and doing a deal of some kind either at the Ricoh or a new stadium and it’s the kind of good news that would add extra to the momentum we’ve got. Doubt it will
happen though.

Londonccfcfan

Notice the match day parking is sold out earlier today on the e-ticket img site. Usually not the case till day before match.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm upping my original bid from 13k to 14k (factored in free Oxford coaches, reasonable weather forecast, and the tea leaves in my cup this morning)

Sbarcher

With walk up they are talking about 2000+ on their forum.

CanadianCCFC

Agreed
I reckon 46,000. Drove past the arena the other day and the pitch had been slid out to get light. I think we should keep the roof closed for this one to make the atmosphere really intimidating then open it for the England game on Friday.
giphy.gif

pusbccfc

I'm sure under Mowbray we got over 17,000 around Christmas time when we were top or very near top. It was at this point that we began to fall away. This is surely the nearest to the play offs (given that it's the tail end of the season) we've ever been since relegation from the Championship. We should surely be aiming for that if we keep up this current form.

This is what has always baffled me. That season we managed some really decent crowds.

Yet, our first play off game in the history of the club and we only managed 14,000 home fans. Considering the time of the season we are closer to making the play offs than we ever were in the Mowbray season right now yet we probably won't have more than 11k home fans there Saturday.

Liquid Gold

This is what has always baffled me. That season we managed some really decent crowds.

Yet, our first play off game in the history of the club and we only managed 14,000 home fans. Considering the time of the season we are closer to making the play offs than we ever were in the Mowbray season right now yet we probably won't have more than 11k home fans there Saturday.
I’m still convinced we had more than the published attendance. The Morecambe game wasn’t nearly as busy, fewer blocks were open and they bought a lot less away fans.

shepardo01

Under Mowbray, there were a few gates around 17k after Christmas, think Burton one which was a defeat, hovered around that or decent gates for a few games but results were becoming inconsistent and we were falling away just before Burton if I recall. A lot of water under the bridge since then possibly explains 14k playoff gate. Plus, although we went up....prior to the playoffs, it never really felt like a "great" season... so inconsitent at times... chucking in the 2-6 vs Yeovil, home defeat to Lincoln (Forest green, Newport defeats etc) Think anything around 13/14k on Saturday will be decent.

Cavan O'Doherty

I’m still convinced we had more than the published attendance. The Morecambe game wasn’t nearly as busy, fewer blocks were open and they bought a lot less away fans.
Yes thought that at the time. Bit of number fiddling going on there I reckon, no way it was less than the Morecambe game. Remember hearing something about getting a smaller share of the ticket sales for play off games? That will probably explain it.

Irish Sky Blue

I agree with this. Either a lot less than 15k for Morecambe or a lot more than 17k than got Notts.

CCFC88

We we're top of the league and averaging 2-3 goals a game in the run up to those big xmas crowds. This was from a club that had probably not been top of any league at xmas in most fans lifetimes. The first has of that season was spectacular, as the 2nd has was spectacularly bad.

The play off game was in the 4th tier of English football with a team that just about sneaked into the play offs, 14k home fans was probably about right. Play off this year would probably be 16-17k home fans however if we were in autos I'd be expecting that many for Saturdays game.

Warwickhunt

This is one of the last few chances for Sky Blue fans to see CCFC on Saturday at the RICOH ever again as we might be Liquidated by the end of the Season. So come on everyone lets go for Shit or Bust and show the Insects what a crowd we can get.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Am I right in thinking this is our last Saturday home game of the season? If so that should add a few onto the gate.

christonabike

12345 att with “17 unemployed people in yellow vests” making strong objections to our owners being in charge of our club.
Sunny with a slight breeze north westerly wind and 3 goals for City 1 in the first half and 2 the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread