Cristiano Ronaldo (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11835/8047996/Ronaldo-reports-dog-Real

Reports in Spain claim that Cristiano Ronaldo has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez that he wants to quit the club.
Every Spanish media outlet is in harmony over the Ronaldo story, insisting that the Portuguese had a meeting on Saturday with Perez, director general Jose Angel Sanchez and his agent Jorge Mendes.
It is reported that Ronaldo has made it clear to the club he is not happy, with Cadena Ser de Radio saying the main issue is a falling out within the squad between certain players and that he does not feel 'valued' by the club.
And some sources also say that despite having three years left on his current contract, the former Manchester United superstar is shocked that no new deal has been offered to him.
Ronaldo unhappy at Real

The news broke after Ronaldo visibly failed to celebrate either of his two goals in Real's 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday.
After the match Ronaldo confirmed that he was not happy - but refused to divuluge the reasons for this.
Ronaldo is now due to link-up with Portugal this week for their World Cup qualifiers against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan.

Tad

Can't just be because of his contract surely. He's still got an awful lot of time on his current one. Him saying he doesn't feel "valued" is strange. It comes across as though he wants a new contract purely for more money. If this really is all it boils down too, he really is a nasty piece of work. There are much harder more deserving people out there that would do wonders with a days worth of his wages.

Last edited:

CTID

Funny how you never see Messi winge about his contract or unhappiness. This is what makes Mr Ronaldo #2 in my eyes and always will be, to put it politely....he's a nob.

scroobiustom

You cant blame the guy, he does have a shit life...

ugly, awful at football, poor, a nobody in the world of celebrity....

Tad

not going to help them with the financial fair play malarcy in a few years is it?

I'll imagine they, like many others, will sadly find away around that.

Evans020

Personally think he's better all round player than mess I..mess I looks amazing in an unphysical league and a great team..he hardly ever produces against EPL teams in Europe and personally think he wouldn't be the same player at any other club..
Ronaldo has proved himself in the EPL when it was easily the best league in the world.40+ goals from the wing..incredible.
I can see a man utd return on the cards

SkyBlue_Bear83

Personally think he's better all round player than mess I..mess I looks amazing in an unphysical league and a great team..he hardly ever produces against EPL teams in Europe and personally think he wouldn't be the same player at any other club..
Ronaldo has proved himself in the EPL when it was easily the best league in the world.40+ goals from the wing..incredible.
I can see a man utd return on the cards
The only English team he has ever struggled against is Chelsea, he knocks in goals with ease against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. He also regularly knocks goals past Madrid who play very physical under Mourinho

Evans020

The only English team he has ever struggled against is Chelsea, he knocks in goals with ease against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. He also regularly knocks goals past Madrid who play very physical under Mourinho
he has scored 5 goals in about 15 games v English team..he also has an extremely poor record v Italian teams..
The same cannot be said about ronaldo..114 goals in 104 games at Madrid..better ratio than messi ..more powerful..faster..better with his head..messi would have lumps kicked out of him in England

Last edited:

scroobiustom

"Messi would have lumps kicked out of him in England"

do you watch spanish football at all? every team double up on him try to destroy him with foul after foul, his balance is unreal!

I love the old "can he do it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke" quote, honestly yes he could and them some!

Last edited:

kg82

Messi by a mile! Also, Ronaldo's proved before he's a diva. Not celebrating goals because he's not getting a couple million more a year... Diddums.

SkyBlue_Bear83

he has scored 5 goals in about 15 games v English team..he also has an extremely poor record v Italian teams..
The same cannot be said about ronaldo..114 goals in 104 games at Madrid..better ratio than messi ..more powerful..faster..better with his head..messi would have lumps kicked out of him in England
8 goals in 16 games

Like I say the only english club he has struggled against is Chelsea, take out Chelsea and it would be something like 8 in 10/11 game

He does have a poor record vs Italians tbf though

Anyway what's this crap about Ronaldo having a better goal ratio than Messi

Ronaldo 472 apps 273 goals
Messi 333 apps 259 goals

You can't just compare Ronaldo's Madrid record to Messi's Barcelona record as Ronaldo has only been playing in Madrid in the prime of his career where as Messi's record would include him coming through the Barcelona ranks as a youngster and his breakthrough seasons etc.
A better comparison is there career records where Messi clearly outranks Ronaldo in goalscoring abiltiy

Not only this but he is better than Ronaldo in pretty much every other aspect of the game apart from heading and physical attributes

Ronaldo is a great player, Messi is just better.

The he hasn't done it in England argument is also crap anyway

Athletico Bilba (10th place in la liga last season) absolutely pissed all over Man Utd in the europa league over 2 legs last season winning both matches
The he isn't great until he has done it in the premier league is just english arrogance

CovfanDan

Yea apparently he wants 12 million a year after tax which means he would have to be paid 480k p/w when the new taxes come in

Blimey.

(I don't read the daily mail either by the way, that was the first thing that came up on google when searching for it!)

Difficult arguement the Messi/Ronaldo one.

I watch a fair bit of La Liga and athough i love watching Messi and Barca, he does miss alot of chances, (i know i know, seems mad criticising him for this!)

skybluedaze

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11835/8047996/Ronaldo-reports-dog-Real

Reports in Spain claim that Cristiano Ronaldo has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez that he wants to quit the club.
Every Spanish media outlet is in harmony over the Ronaldo story, insisting that the Portuguese had a meeting on Saturday with Perez, director general Jose Angel Sanchez and his agent Jorge Mendes.
It is reported that Ronaldo has made it clear to the club he is not happy, with Cadena Ser de Radio saying the main issue is a falling out within the squad between certain players and that he does not feel 'valued' by the club.
And some sources also say that despite having three years left on his current contract, the former Manchester United superstar is shocked that no new deal has been offered to him.
Ronaldo unhappy at Real

The news broke after Ronaldo visibly failed to celebrate either of his two goals in Real's 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday.
After the match Ronaldo confirmed that he was not happy - but refused to divuluge the reasons for this.
Ronaldo is now due to link-up with Portugal this week for their World Cup qualifiers against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan.

In my opinion he's the best player in the world at one of the best clubs in the world. If he is unhappy, where does he think he can possibly go? Even Man City wouldn't pay silly money for him. He needs to calm down and FINALLY grow up. He supposedly got what he wanted when he fell out with Sir Alex and went to Madrid, so now what? The only teams that could afford him would be either PSG or that Chinese side that Drogba has just left. I don't think he'd want to play for either.

Users who are viewing this thread