Cringey football terms deserving of a temporary ban (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie9

" In Arsene/Robins we trust." An unoriginal pretentious latin style nonsense.

Pundits when they say "let's see what happens" !

"Square ball" 🤣

"Come On"

"GET IT OUT" ...heard a lot at HR/Ricoh.... less so in last 4 years 👍

"WHOOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHHH" in a high pitched half scream/cheer/whistle..

I'm having a bad day and feeling a bit grumpy!

CJ_covblaze

Top bin.
Limbs.
Top. It’s a jersey or shirt. You get tops from New Look.
Saved by the woodwork. If the woodwork wasn’t there it wouldn’t be a goal. The ball would’ve still missed.

ovduk78

It's an Atkinsonism, I quite like it. My favourite quote about Atkinson (I think it was about him) is that he has 'less than 20:20 hindsight'.
Atkinson used to love saying "they've set out their stall", must have thought he was down the local market.

DannyThomas_1981

"SHOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Usually shouted out by some Moron at the Ricoh in a fuming, highly agitated and exasperated voice - at the exact moment that a shot is completely the wrong option and the team needs to show some composure.

Hobo

He is back on the grass.
That needs to go to VAR.
Not interfering with play (striker stood in front of keeper in six yard box).
Having watched the replay the ref got that wrong.
If we had played two up top we would have won (based on what???)
We should play 4-4-2 we should play 4-4-2 we should play 4-4-2

Great_Expectations

"pelters"
"the level"
"we go again"

Very similar to ‘we to again’ - “now we go”.

In a bar in Bali watching England in the World Cup and a group of absolutely clueless cockneys sat behind us. Literally everytime we got the ball it was “now we go” repeatedly or occasionally “now we fucking go”.

They also kept referring to Ashley Cole as “Cashley” for the whole game, which I presume they thought sounded cool.

By no means a new term, but anyone who shouts ‘FORWARD’ should be immediately banned.

Blind-Faith

Anything with giving over 100% - it’s mathematical bollox

players being referred to by the number and not there positions- he’s a number 8 or a false ten?? Pisses me off because I don’t know what they are on about 😂

Sky_Blue_Daz

Square pegs in round holes
Ducks in a line

Sbarcher

Hard to understand, he is brilliant in training.

Sbarcher

He will play for a top top team.

DannyThomas_1981

The biggest 'cringe' over the last few weeks for me has been the 'strengthening in the summer' thread.

Something that could have been fairly positive in looking at specific positions where we require improvement turned quickly into singling out current players - for 'binning off' in the summer.

It was bad enough last season when within 24 hours of promotion being confirmed some posters were gleefully demanding the removal of half of the squad for 'not being Championship quality.'

But to focus on binning current players off in the summer when we have so many important games to play between now and May - not really the best for morale is it?

Users who are viewing this thread