Cringey football terms deserving of a temporary ban (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

"Premiership Quality".

I've seen plenty of 'quality' goals scored in lower leagues that are as good as any footballer tbh. And I've seen plenty of premiership players miss sitters or make a real hash of things.
I rarely watch MOTD now as it's an utter boring bunch of talking heads which I find patronising. Shearer will rave about a player as though he was great, and yet Shearer in his day was a fantastic striker and the one he raves about could'nt lace his boots. What happens to these guys that turn pundit?
Then there's the fact we have pundits that have never managed a football team. If anyone can tell me what Mark Lawrenson gets paid for I really want to know.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I heard Big Ron Atkinson come out with this piece of golden commentary
“ he’s ran down the flank did a double lollipop knocked it to the back stick for his oppo to finish it with a buddy holly”

Terry Gibson's perm

Baller. What the fuck is that about.

Any historical stat that only covers the premier league period, football existed before.

To flip the conversation what about new expressions people like?
I quite like game management, sounds professional.

I would imagine in has come from the ugly term in cricket Batter as you can’t say batsman anymore mainly used by the female commentators

Terry Gibson's perm

The guy who used to sit behind me used to say keep it on the island normally when Telfer had it

mrtrench

Yeah 'Early Doors'
What does that mean? What have doors got to do with it?

It's an Atkinsonism, I quite like it. My favourite quote about Atkinson (I think it was about him) is that he has 'less than 20:20 hindsight'.

There was a quote from Richard Herring about Stewart Lee in the paper yesterday I like. He said that 'he's the kind of person to cut off his face to spite his nose'.

Otis

It's an Atkinsonism, I quite like it. My favourite quote about Atkinson (I think it was about him) is that he has 'less than 20:20 hindsight'.

There was a quote from Richard Herring about Stewart Lee in the paper yesterday I like. He said that 'he's the kind of person to cut off his face to spite his nose'.
I'm sure Brian Clough used it first. Saw it in an interview and thought what the hell are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread