Cricket 2024 (7 Viewers)

Colesy55

Root has had a nightmare test ! Dropping Sharma on the 1st morning and then getting out playing that nonsense reverse ramp shot when we were coasting at 220/2 !

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is Root bowling so much affecting his batting?
I think it's more him feeling he has to be more attacking and try shots. He scores at a decent enough rate when he just plays sensibly, and he needs to get back to that. Ignore all the nonsense about quick scoring and flashy shots.

fatso

Well that was woeful, I didn't expect to beat India on their wickets, but to capitulate in such a piss poor way with no fight or application was utterly embarrassing.

lifeskyblue

Well that was woeful. Talk about giving up. India didn’t need anywhere near their best to comprehensively crush England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tisza

Probably 2 of the worst days Test cricket I've seen us play in years. From what should have been a useful platform of 200 odd for 2 lost 18 wickets for around 200 runs whilst giving up 400 runs for just 4 wickets.

Mcbean

I think it was the early Duckett that lead to the demise of the whole team - if they could have reached 180 without loss the target was on - the pitch didn’t change with the change of innings - oh well on to next Friday

OffenhamSkyBlue

Superb innings by Root in the 4th Test today - 106 not out to take England form 112-5 at lunch to 302-7 at the close.
He played proper, old-fashioned five-day cricket when we needed it. Shows it can (and should, from time to time) be done. Slowest stand of 50+ since McCullum took over. If he had bazballed it, we'd have been all out for 150 before tea. Great player. Well supported by Foakes (47) and Robinson (31 not out).

Mcbean

Good effort from Root - we have a chance of recovery ! No Bumrah has made a difference although Deep did his bit

eastwoodsdustman

Something fishy with the 3rd umpires has been going on in this test. Popes dismissal was weird to say the least and apparently they have admitted that there was a glitch in drs in the last test for Crawleys? Dismissal. The way the indians were appealing in the first innings was very unusual as well. Almost like they knew they would get something from it. They are usually pretty methodical with their drs appeals.
Then we have the not out catch off Robinson when they haven’t looked at other angles.
It stinks.

OffenhamSkyBlue

161-5 with Bashir getting 4 so far, including Jaiswal latest for 73. Now into the lower order. Could be looking at a 100 lead on the first innings, which would be some comeback after yesterday's disastrous first session.

CCFCSteve

Can see why india were in no rush to let bashir in the country (dodgy fuckers). Would be great to keep the pressure on

Brighton Sky Blue

Typical England. Did the hard work and threw it away with a truly shit 2nd innings batting. If that was the other way around, India would have a 350+ lead.

So frustrating
Still funny to see how Indian cricket fans appear to be more fickle than CCFC fans when it comes to turning with the tide

OffenhamSkyBlue

Vaughan says no-one is accusing anyone of cheating, while requesting cameras to let people see the DRS decisions being made (thereby accusing the third umpires of cheating). We have had the benefit of more dodgy "umpire's call" decisions in this Test than India have.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Game slightly less on ...

Shame Dharamsala won't host the series decider. I suspect the attendances will be very low, undeserving of the beauty of the ground.

Bit of a shit-show really Only highlights for me were Pope's 196, Hartley's 7 wicket haul and Root's 122 in this Test. Everything else has been dreadful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread