Cricket 2024 (1 Viewer)

JohnWH

South Africa suddenly found some spark, Tea time. Looks like they'll push on to force a day 5

EDIT: now suddenly losing quick wickets right after Tea, so may make my previous statement wrong

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

England has some good young players in the under 19’s the three bears all look impressive.

chiefdave

£35 a game to park at Edgbaston this summer, for a car park that's 15 minutes walk from the stadium

After the fiasco with the members lounges and all but one block of the south stand being unavailable for T20 / Hundred members think this is the final straw for me. In less than 12 months they'll have pushed me from being a member, to deciding to pick and choose games to not going at all

Of course it's our old friend Stuart Cain, ex Wasps, making these decisions

fatso

Great start to the innings, finished day 2 on 207-2, Duckett was outstanding, but you just know that a middle order collapse will happen tomorrow.

Root needs to get some runs on the board, he's well overdue a big score, so this would be a good time to cash in!

rob9872

£35 a game to park at Edgbaston this summer, for a car park that's 15 minutes walk from the stadium

After the fiasco with the members lounges and all but one block of the south stand being unavailable for T20 / Hundred members think this is the final straw for me. In less than 12 months they'll have pushed me from being a member, to deciding to pick and choose games to not going at all

Apart from internationals we only made the One day S/F v Hampshire last season. Got no plans to go this year at all apart from the West Indies Test. Might manage a couple of last min 20/20 but not really got the appetite for sitting in empty stadiums any longer. Sad.

SlowerThanPlatt

South Africa suddenly found some spark, Tea time. Looks like they'll push on to force a day 5

EDIT: now suddenly losing quick wickets right after Tea, so may make my previous statement wrong
Just watched the highlights, Kane Williamson with another ton, superb cricketer.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s become a test venue that happens to have a county team there.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Great start to the innings, finished day 2 on 207-2, Duckett was outstanding, but you just know that a middle order collapse will happen tomorrow.

Root needs to get some runs on the board, he's well overdue a big score, so this would be a good time to cash in!
Ashwin out of the Test due to a family emergency 😟

Brighton Sky Blue

What's impressive from Duckett is that he's absolutely capitalised on scoring opportunities whilst not really going unnecessarily Bazball crazy against good balls. Resulted in 88 ball run century inc 19 4s & a 6.
The classic amateur cricketer’s mantra, keep out the good ones and go after the bad ones.

Sky Blue Pete

In fact this has been abject
Ashwin not playing so we gift them every wicket bar Bairstow today actually and rehan too

fatso

Well there's the middle order collapse I was on about, 207-2 to 319 all out, we are nothing if not predictable. And Root managed a piss poor 18!
Exactly as expected!

CCFCSteve

Lose last 5 wickets for 20 runs.

Poor.

Not sure it’s fair for people to say typical/usual though. Pretty sure since stokes has been captain our batting has been far better and usually more resilient, certainly compare to Silverwood era. Got to stop with the silly wickets though, root has got to get back to focussing in being what he is, one of the best batsmen in test cricket

chiefdave

Root is the one that frustrates me. Just let him play his normally game, you don't need every batter trying to smash it around the ground constantly.

Just playing his normal game he gets runs at a fairly decent rate anyway. Makes more sense to anchor the innings around him.

No mention of the return of blonde Jimmy yet?

CCFCSteve

Root is the one that frustrates me. Just let him play his normally game, you don't need every batter trying to smash it around the ground constantly.

Just playing his normal game he gets runs at a fairly decent rate anyway. Makes more sense to anchor the innings around him.

No mention of the return of blonde Jimmy yet?

It’s his choice but agree. He was always a naturally quick scorer anyway, rotating strike etc. not sure why he’s taking the amount of risks when he’s not fully in nick

StrettoBoy

Abc Zac GIF by The Bachelorette

Gint11

This is so typical of us though isn’t it. It’s rare we can get 100 on the board without losing a wicket and there’s usually a collapse in there at some point.

we see glimpses of how good we can be as well.

Users who are viewing this thread