Crewe / Sexual Abuse / Dario Grady (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Surely that's a criminal charge in it's self if he knew and didn't say anything?

fernandopartridge

Surely that's a criminal charge in it's self if he knew and didn't say anything?

I don't think so in itself, besides, there is a lack of corroboration either way. Grady said he told the manager at the time who helpfully died 35 years ago.

Nick

Administrator
Jesus Christ

In his evidence, Gradi was asked to clarify what the complaint was. “I don’t remember the detail but … he [Heath] didn’t rape him or anything. He was sexually, I don’t know, touching him, I suppose. I don’t remember. I don’t remember being horrified by it, thinking it was awful, but sorry.” He could recall telling the boy to “keep away” from Heath and that his colleague had been accused of “touching him where he shouldn’t have been touching him”.

He could also recall offering to “keep an eye” on the boy from that point onwards, adding: “I probably said something along the lines to partly defend Eddie Heath … well, he was good with the kids, he’d got a way with the kids and he liked being with the kids and they seemed to like being with him. To be quite honest, I think I would have tried to stand up for Eddie Heath a bit.”

Users who are viewing this thread