Crewe fans opinion on Cameron. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRyan

Just reading on the crewe boards some interesting views on last night..

the following qoute made me chuckle!

"Special mention must go to Nathan Cameron the Coventry centre half - for being possibly the worst footballer I've ever seen

Couldn't head, couldn't pass, slow, just a complete oaf and blatantly only there to try and be a 'wall'. He got the runaround from Ajay and had no idea what to do when Inman got hold of it!"

Taga

The general theme of what he's saying is right, although he must work in the fine arts with exaggeration like that.

CovMatt1987

yeah no goals conceeded in his two games - including the team he supports so seems odd for him to be the 'worst footballer he has ever seen'. especially as a Crewe fan

Otis

Does make me smile when people say such and such a player is the worst they have ever seen .... based on one solitary performance.

CovLis86

Worst player ever,yet he kept the 2 players that gave him the runaround out?! I cant make any sense of that. However phenomonal their attackers performance is in their eyes,if they didnt score, then the defence won the battle! Morons.

Joy Division

Mary Mungo Midge likes the fact that Cameron was awful last night?

Some fan.

Warwickhunt

I think its a case of players being intimidated by sheer size and presence that helped his lack of skill yesterday

Judging by their piss poor support last night I would take no notice of what this 3rd rate fan has to say.

Cameron won a lot in the air but gave the ball away too much especially lumping long balls forward. How many shots did they have at goal, not many.

Nonleagueherewecome

But surely a wall in front of a goal is a great idea?!?

SBS

He's a young player, he's still learning. Ben Turner looked very similar at a similar stage of his career. I thought Jordan Clark looked decent when he came on last night. It's a shame he's not a bit taller, would make a good centre back if he could handle the more physical teams.

torchomatic

Fair comment. I'd rather have Edge.

"Special mention must go to Nathan Cameron the Coventry centre half - for being possibly the worst footballer I've ever seen

Couldn't head, couldn't pass, slow, just a complete oaf and blatantly only there to try and be a 'wall'. He got the runaround from Ajay and had no idea what to do when Inman got hold of it!"

RoboCCFC90

Why not give young Jordan Willis a chance, everyone rates him highly..

So let's get this right then - despite the heroics of coming very close to penalties whilst keeping a clean sheet (yet again) the following played crap: Cameron, Baker, Sheffers, L Clarke, mmmmm ................ there's no pleasing some.

RoboCCFC90

So let's get this right then - despite the heroics of coming very close to penalties whilst keeping a clean sheet (yet again) the following played crap: Cameron, Baker, Sheffers, L Clarke, mmmmm ................ there's no pleasing some.

Sheffers is different, Sheffers has played crap all season and its only because we don't have anything to replace him with that leaves us with him on the pitch.. Although should give praise to Callum Wilson for when he came on last night, he certainly gave a good account of himself :)

RoboCCFC90

ye he had a good game against birmingham and gets picked for England more than cov if im not mistaken

England U-19 Regular I think, I would like to see him get a chance..

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought he was solid, and I think the tactics deployed by Carsley can explain why he, and others, launched it upfield, most of the time, without aiming it.

We got our tactics disastrously wrong last night and the score line is slightly misleading.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fair comment. I'd rather have Edge.

... How many times have we kept a clean sheet with Edj n the team, and, how many times have we kept 2 clean sheets on the bounce with Edj in the team?

Edj is terrible, distribution isn't great, gets bullied physically, aimlessly heads it/hoofs it, gets turned way too often.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Gotta say Edj is surprisingly lightweight. Cameron wasn't great as others have said, but more down to the aimless hoof-ball we were playing rather than the individual I reckon.

Did anyone here go to Bury? Is that how we played then too?

Paxman II

Looks like cameron and Edge on Saturday so don't hold your breath. You can compare them directly in front of you then!

I do remember though AB picked Turner and cameron ahead of experienced defenders a few seasons back and we stomed up the league first half of the season. Everyone was amazed but glowing with how good a partnership that was. He can't be as poor as some suggest. A few more games under his belt and I bet he will be a hard man to shift from the side. Sometimes it's as much about what is done without the ball when defeding. The fact he closed the door and took players wide and out can be as much a contribution as a great tackle or clearing header. We have had two clean sheets and that can't be argued with.

Users who are viewing this thread