Crew fans been on the pop (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

skybluelee

Sadly I think they are right, our record against ain't good add to that our last 6 games and I think we will be lucky to get a point.

Just hope our luck changes

Lucky to get a point? You realise we've lost once in our last 15 league games, right?

runner

We haven't performed convincingly for 6 games and are longer the threat upfront we were ... Hopefully just a blip but I agree with above poster I fear we will be lucky to get a point sadly.

Otis

And you do realise that this season's Coventry City are a completely different Coventry City to other seasons, with a much better manager and much better players?

Otis

Get a grip folks. Lucky to get a point? Think a draw is a possibility for sure, but lucky to get a point presentation game?

This is the best season we have had in ages and we have lost just once in 15 matches and that was a travesty (Sheff Utd.) and we have lost just 4 games out of 24.

Can't believe people are so negative.

westofrayne

Lucky to get a point? You realise we've lost once in our last 15 league games, right?

Yes mate I do, but struggling to find too many positives for this game, Fleck 1 card away from 2 games ban, no big & nasty CD in as yet, AA firing blanks, Ricketts making way too many mistakes

I hope this is just the NY lack of sleep, we need the win to kick start 2016 and avoid dropping further behind the top 2. Having said that would had galdly given my right hand for this position at the start of the season, just feel we have gone off the biol at the moment, hopefully this is our bad patch and it will be over tomorrow.

Otis

Yes mate I do, but struggling to find too many positives for this game, Fleck 1 card away from 2 games ban, no big & nasty CD in as yet, AA firing blanks, Ricketts making way too many mistakes

I hope this is just the NY lack of sleep, we need the win to kick start 2016 and avoid dropping further behind the top 2. Having said that would had galdly given my right hand for this position at the start of the season, just feel we have gone off the biol at the moment, hopefully this is our bad patch and it will be over tomorrow.
Maddison back and shining, TM saying that resting Armstrong did him a world of good, Stokes has covered well at centre back.

Would say Crewe are now scared stiff of Maddison and if Kent plays, expect him to be signing off in style. All the talk of Klopp bringing him back to be part of the first team squad must have his spirits sky high.

I think we have an excellent chance tomorrow and I think Maddison will do his stuff once again.

Fleck is hardly flying into tackles anyway is he. Not that type of player. A lot of his cards are for silly little things, so I can't see any reason why he can't stay card free tomorrow.

skybluealan

Most teams near the top of the leagues go through a slow patch, Coventry have just finished their's. Tomorrow starts are winning ways again.

westofrayne

Get a grip folks. Lucky to get a point? Think a draw is a possibility for sure, but lucky to get a point presentation game?

This is the best season we have had in ages and we have lost just once in 15 matches and that was a travesty (Sheff Utd.) and we have lost just 4 games out of 24.

Can't believe people are so negative.

Any other team and yes fans would be going made but this is Coventry City, how many false dawns have we had over the last 45 years??

Maybe, just maybe this is our year, No where near some of the bad times I remember driving back to Essex after losing 5-1 at Tranmere (yes quite a while ago, but 1 help of a shite journey after that display Can never wipe away the 7-1 defeat at WBA in the chocolate kit, my first away day on the club run coach rather than train.

Wish I was going tomorrow but stuck down in sunny Essex, but my heart will be there

Otis

Most teams near the top of the leagues go through a slow patch, Coventry have just finished their's. Tomorrow starts are winning ways again.
Well said. New year, fresh impetus. Cole one game fitter too and look what Maddison is doing right now! Creating waves and pricking up ears in football circles.

Crewe will be more worried about Maddison than we will be about any of their players.

skybluelee

Of these last 15 games how many did we deserve to lose? Certainly not the one we did lose. If anything our performances in these games merited more than the 28 pts we actually picked up. Conversely Crewe have picked up 15 pts in their last 15 matches.

We might lose tomorrow, thats the beauty of football, anything might happen in a one-off 90 mins, but the stats don't back up any claims that Coventry will be lucky to pick up a point.

westofrayne

Maddison back and shining, TM saying that resting Armstrong did him a world of good, Stokes has covered well at centre back.

Would say Crewe are now scared stiff of Maddison and if Kent plays, expect him to be signing off in style. All the talk of Klopp bringing him back to be part of the first team squad must have his spirits sky high.

I think we have an excellent chance tomorrow and I think Maddison will do his stuff once again.

Fleck is hardly flying into tackles anyway is he. Not that type of player. A lot of his cards are for silly little things, so I can't see any reason why he can't stay card free tomorrow.

"Stokes has covered well at centre back" - before the start of the season - he was my weakest link in the team, how wrong I was, really impressed how he has knuckled down and performed this season.

"I think we have an excellent chance tomorrow and I think Maddison will do his stuff once again" - Maddy has surprised me the way he has come back, although did go missing in 2nd half at Chesterfield, but thats to be expected, still had the confidence to win and take the free kick, just enjoying him whilst we have him.

Kent - Just don't understand why his being recalled, he is not ready and needs to learn the mans game not U21, but thats Liverpools call I just think they are wrong, but what do I know.

Otis

Any other team and yes fans would be going made but this is Coventry City, how many false dawns have we had over the last 45 years??

Maybe, just maybe this is our year, No where near some of the bad times I remember driving back to Essex after losing 5-1 at Tranmere (yes quite a while ago, but 1 help of a shite journey after that display Can never wipe away the 7-1 defeat at WBA in the chocolate kit, my first away day on the club run coach rather than train.

Wish I was going tomorrow but stuck down in sunny Essex, but my heart will be there
This WAS Coventry City. New manager, new team, new season.

covhead1

This time last season I'd be feeling negative about this fixture but now I can only see a win, never mind a draw we will get all 3 points.
PUSB

Otis

This time last season I'd be feeling negative about this fixture but now I can only see a win, never mind a draw we will get all 3 points.
PUSB
I'm confident. It might end up with a draw, but I think we have an excellent chance of winning.

phildownunder

I agree this is a game we really should not lose and on balance I don`t think we will.

But as we know, over the years and up to the present, for a team on a bad trot there are few teams better than City at doing them a favour !

coop

is it that Ryan Lowe up front for them if so he will score against us.We have more than enough to beat these we will be on fire tomorrow.

Otis

I agree this is a game we really should not lose and on balance I don`t think we will.

But as we know, over the years and up to the present, for a team on a bad trot there are few teams better than City at doing them a favour !
That WAS Coventry City though Phil. This is a whole different kettle of fish this season and we are much harder to beat, as has been proved with the just 4 defeats in 24 games stat.

tom88

The only thing that worries me is their striker Haber! Reda struggled against him at our place earlier this season and with our frail back 4 he may have a field day. Hopefully our scoring power will be the difference

Grendel

That WAS Coventry City though Phil. This is a whole different kettle of fish this season and we are much harder to beat, as has been proved with the just 4 defeats in 24 games stat.

Maybe so but the defence is now at its weakest. The problem also now is that as the full backs are less solid that will to an extent dictate who plays in midfield.

Id be surprised if he goes with lameries and Murphy as that leaves us weak defensively on both flanks.

He may put vincelot at centre half and play stokes again at left back.

Without Murphy we are less of a goal threat.

The goals have dried up considerably and most away wins have been when Armstrong hasn't played so the selection of the team will be interesting.

It's not a must win game but we need a win really as Crewe are clearly one of the worst teams in the division.

Otis

Maybe so but the defence is now at its weakest. The problem also now is that as the full backs are less solid that will to an extent dictate who plays in midfield.

Id be surprised if he goes with lameries and Murphy as that leaves us weak defensively on both flanks.

He may put vincelot at centre half and play stokes again at left back.

Without Murphy we are less of a goal threat.

The goals have dried up considerably and most away wins have been when Armstrong hasn't played so the selection of the team will be interesting.

It's not a must win game but we need a win really as Crewe are clearly one of the worst teams in the division.
I worry with the gap in midfield if we play Vincelot at centre half. Who is going to fill that role?

My guess is, if Stokes continues at centre half and Haynes has to play, TM will pick Joe Cole to sit in front of Haynes.

Can't see him picking Murphy and Lameiras, so think he will go with Murphy.

Would expect JOB in too.

Steve.B50

Just tried to join their forum but will not allow me as keen to know what they have been drinking.
I think we will win tomorrow even though they are a bit of a bogy team for us.

Just hope he does not start or use Fortune, do not like to knock any player but cannot see what he brings to the squad.

As per every game this season we are looking forward to our trip away on the train.
PUSB

ps.
Happy New Year.

Grendel

I worry with the gap in midfield if we play Vincelot at centre half. Who is going to fill that role?

My guess is, if Stokes continues at centre half and Haynes has to play, TM will pick Joe Cole to sit in front of Haynes.

Can't see him picking Murphy and Lameiras, so think he will go with Murphy.

Would expect JOB in too.

Bigiamara. Mowbray would have played him alongside fleck.

That was what he wanted to do in the last game but said Bigiamara lacked fitness for two games in succession.

pusbccfc

I don't think we will win tomorrow. We just aren't very good away from home.

Otis

Bigiamara. Mowbray would have played him alongside fleck.

That was what he wanted to do in the last game but said Bigiamara lacked fitness for two games in succession.
Bigi worries me in that role. Vincelot tracks, gets a foot in, has a bit of aggression in him and breaks up play and keeps it simple.

Which of those attributes does Bigi possess? Bigi is a much more urgent, busy player and lacks Vincelot's steel and poise.

mechaishida

Can't see us stuffing them, every lesser team we face seems mad for it...understandably, their fans can see we're in a blip of sorts, so their cockiness is bound to be bubbling over.

We really, really do need to beat Crewe. Don't care if it's a dire, 1-0 win with a goal punted into his own net by the goalie, we need the win. And I hope we'll see a bit of fighting spirit from the lads.

Grendel

Bigi worries me in that role. Vincelot tracks, gets a foot in, has a bit of aggression in him and breaks up play and keeps it simple.

Which of those attributes does Bigi possess? Bigi is a much more urgent, busy player and lacks Vincelot's steel and poise.

All I'm saying is that is the team we would have played if Bigiamara was fit enough.

Otis

All I'm saying is that is the team we would have played if Bigiamara was fit enough.
Yes, no, I agree. Just think it is a bad move to move Vincelot from a position he has been excelling in all season and that would weaken us.

ccfc92

Can't see us stuffing them, every lesser team we face seems mad for it...understandably, their fans can see we're in a blip of sorts, so their cockiness is bound to be bubbling over.

We really, really do need to beat Crewe. Don't care if it's a dire, 1-0 win with a goal punted into his own net by the goalie, we need the win. And I hope we'll see a bit of fighting spirit from the lads.

We beat them this season :)

Would be great to get a double over the "Bogeymen"

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread