Crazy gang (1 Viewer)

Regis87

I big well done and congratulations to Afc Wimbledon . Only 1 division below the manufactered Mk Dons, looking forward to the pair meeting in league . Love them or hate them Wimbledon were a big part of English football . I personally like the underdog and hope they make it back to the premiership . Here's hoping they make an equally fast climb up the divisions as they did last time they were elected to the football league

bamalamafizzfazz

Great call Regis, their achievements are fantastic. I hope they stuff the MK Dons as soon as they play them. Wasn't there a player who had played in the prem for Wimbledon and was still there when they got relagated to League 1 and defected to play for AFC Wimbledon?

smileycov

Facebook User
I don't see the problem with MK if i'm honest, Wimbledon had no ground and no fan base. It was only a matter of time before they went pop anyhow. At least by being re-located they have given them a chance to prosper. MK have a fantastic stadium and averaged over 9k last season. AFC have re-started at the level that suits them and have a good following, there achievements are fantastic, i wish them both well and i also look forward to the "inevitable" meeting in the cup.

Covstu

Smiley, put that into the context of Coventry deciding to move 100 miles up the road, taking your history with them. The move made perfect business sence but did nothing for the fans, fair play to AFC Wimbledon for creating a newly formed club and doing well despte lots of clubs hitting the wall.

Regis87

Saw an interview with a middle aged Wimbledon fan after the game who described it as " the best day of my life ". Agree with covstu , imagine us folding and a new team being formed called Telford Sky Blues

AngryAnt

The first meeting has to be on tele! Can't wait for it and pretty sure 90% of the watchers will want AFC to stuff MK.

Great achievement, look forward to seeing them climb the leagues even futher! Shows that teams can start up if they are ran well (AFC and United of Manchester both seem to be kicking the trend [latter not so much but still going well]).

smileycov

Facebook User
Makes me laugh, all the imagine it was us argument! It was not decided to buy any club and move them this isn't american football!! wimbledon were going to the wall, and MK was an option. I can understand "the fans" being upset but why waste league place and an opportunity to create a new thriving football league club. AFC have done what they would have done anyhow, you can not compare it to cov being moved....wouldnt happen. As for the wigan/wimbledon fan base, you sure!! DW stadium for 1, and the fact as i have said the dons were sliding and dying.

Users who are viewing this thread