Crawley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

valiant15

Can squad size be blamed for situations as bad as this? I can understand where squad size plays its part, but 2-0 with 8 minutes is it really an excuse?

The quality of the defence is shockingly bad,its been ropey all season.

Where does the blame lie for that?

hill83

no chance... no investment no ambition, waggott has had weeks to improve the squad, think joy has pulled the plug for any finance now, from what we have seen over the last few weeks more players are being off loaded than bought or loaned

I'll be right with you if important players leave, but for me we've lost 6 games in the league all season. 6 out of 25.
Repeat that and we are ok.

SkyblueBazza

What a dramatic turn around, eh? And I'm talking about the crap some of you lot spout picking faults & criticising the team &/or Pressley - not what happened on the pitch.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell would take that result looking at the line-up...it's times like this the team would benefit from people getting behind them & encouraging them to do better rather than just slating them!!

Some if you guys are just SO fickle!

SkyBlue_Bear83

We can still do it. We would be in the playoffs with points to spare right now without the 10 point deduction. So repeat the fist half of the season in the second half and we'll be there or there abouts.

I don't see it tbh, top 10 finish would be good from here. We've earned 43 points from 25 games, average 1.72. 21 games left at that average give 36.12, therefore that would give 69 points come the end of the season. That was with the Wilson/Clarke combo, with Wilson out till March/April it is going to be near impossible imo.

Nick

Administrator
Was Clarke OK at front? Could the new lad or a youth player have done better?

What was the tactic with Clarke?

valiant15

What a dramatic turn around, eh? And I'm talking about the crap some of you lot spout picking faults & criticising the team &/or Pressley - not what happened on the pitch.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell would take that result looking at the line-up...it's times like this the team would benefit from people getting behind them & encouraging them to do better rather than just slating them!!

You should say that to the sixfields boo boys.

Get us back home and we can all get behind them.

ccfc92

Has Pressley signed any players on loan this season? If he hasn't been allowed I fully blame SISU.

we need 1 or 2 good Cbs. We have Webster and Willis, both are hit and miss, so IMO we should be looking at at least 1 CB and a striker

ccfc92

so a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up is acceptable? :facepalm:

Marty

Has Pressley signed any players on loan this season? If he hasn't been allowed I fully blame SISU.

He also signed Webster, granted, I've only seen him 5 or 6 times, but hes been woeful and the weakest link.

Why did he sign slagner? Hes said himself hes not ready, so why are we wasting what little funds with have on a development player?

italiahorse

All the support in the world will not help a team with no depth.
SISU need to strengthen and if they can't support it they need to get us back to the Ricoh so the fans can put the money in for them.

Nick

Administrator
My post wasn't me shouting Pressley out or anything, but he has been allowed "some" signings.

ecky

i like your 2nd paragraph, when some at northampton were booing daniels, yeah thats really getting behind your team...

Joelly

I don't see it tbh, top 10 finish would be good from here. We've earned 43 points from 25 games, average 1.72. 21 games left at that average give 36.12, therefore that would give 69 points come the end of the season. That was with the Wilson/Clarke combo, with Wilson out till March/April it is going to be near impossible imo.
your maths isnt great, that would give us 79pts come the end of the season which is more than enough for a playoff place

ccfc92

My post wasn't me shouting Pressley out or anything, but he has been allowed "some" signings.

agreed. but the free and loan players are not always going to be good enough. on the other side, not all high cost transfers equals a good player

Nick

Administrator
Of course not, but using facebook as an example.

"City 2-0!" - about 5 comments
"2-2" - about 80 comments saying same old city etc

Same as on here, I don't remember anybody congratulating SISU on hiring Pressley or giving him the funds to sign Maguire on loan after the MK dons game but a bad result and it is all their fault...

In fact a lot of the people who come on to go mad after a bad result, you don't see them if we win ;)

ccfc92

Who said that? It's just not a surprise under the circumstances & in no way warrants slagging players &/or manager off. It's spoilt kid type stuff.

if we had of drawn 1-1 today fair enough, due to our line up. but to be 2-0 up at "home", we should see that out

Kingokings204

Just saw the goals and after I stopped laughing i just can't believe it. So unbelievably feeble and crap. Won't win another game. Wilson out Clarke out and can't defend. Crawley are wank as are crewe and oldham. Shit shit teams. 3 draws. Play offs? Good one

valiant15

Same as on here, I don't remember anybody congratulating SISU on hiring Pressley or giving him the funds to sign Maguire on loan after the MK dons game but a bad result and it is all their fault...

In fact a lot of the people who come on to go mad after a bad result, you don't see them if we win ;)

Congratulating sisu on hiring Pressley? He's done a decent job but he's no jose you know. Pressley is a nobody in the football world.

SkyblueBazza

if we had of drawn 1-1 today fair enough, due to our line up. but to be 2-0 up at "home", we should see that out

If we had a miserly defence I'd agree...but we don't have. Haven't had a consistently miserly defence for years. What we have this season is a cutting edge that most teams cannot deal effectively with. THAT was significantly blunted today yet we still got 2 goals. Revel in our attacking threat. Be patient with the boss to get the defence tighter.

ccfc92

If we had a miserly defence I'd agree...but we don't have. Haven't had a consistently miserly defence for years. What we have this season is a cutting edge that most teams cannot deal effectively with. THAT was significantly blunted today yet we still got 2 goals. Revel in our attacking threat. Be patient with the boss to get the defence tighter.

but half way into the season, when does the defence get tighter?

SIR ERNIE

Reality check time imo.

We start on -10, playing a full season of away games under a transfer embargo with a threadbare squad lacking any sort of depth.

Avoiding relegation would be the equivalent to winning the Champions League.

covcity4life

so fucking gutting

SP needs to work out how to see these games out. why dont we just retain ball in a negative fashion?

Users who are viewing this thread