Crawley game potentially fixed (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

6 years ago I think someone put £100000 on a 1000 to 1 bet that Cov City would be playing in division 3 in front of 2000 fans in Northampton. Within 6 years

The bookie was biting their hand off.

This must have happened as it is the only way any of this makes sense.

xcraigx

I hope there wasn't anyone doing it at the Newcastle game today or they may have been stung!

Betfair and their cricket markets were easy to 'snipe' a few years back when in play betting was a new thing :)

slowdave

There was a scruffily dressed Crawley fan sat with a notebook in the North Stand during the first half - just behind me. We presumed he was a bit of weirdo as he was talking to himself - a type of commentary on the game. He kept his commentary going for the entire first half and disappeared at half time.

simple_simon

If the FA Fraud were present they must have been watching this person and got a tipoff. Wonder how many people the FA put on the gate numbers today..

Strange, but not many police around today and also we had a few new faces on the hill.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There was a scruffily dressed Crawley fan sat with a notebook in the North Stand during the first half - just behind me. We presumed he was a bit of weirdo as he was talking to himself - a type of commentary on the game. He kept his commentary going for the entire first half and disappeared at half time.

North stand? Presume as he was dressed as a Crawley fan he was in their end?

If so, the police said he was in the Cov end (well the Crawley news article said so anyway) so this must have just been a weird Crawley fan you saw :)

slowdave

He wasn't dressed as a Crawley fan. Just said "come on Crawley" when the teams came out.

I honestly thought he was a bit slow and had actually got in the wrong end.

His commentary was of the "good catch by the goalkeeper" sort of level when the Crawley keeper caught the ball.

dadgad

If the FA are to investigate this match could they also consider;
1) Why it was played in Northampton?
2) Why Cov haven't paid a bond?
3) Why ccfc Are to play our third away cup tie in as many years away in Norf London?
4) Why the fit n proper regs that cannot be applied to a hedge fund were waived in respect of Ccfc?

It would seem that when these and other regs are not adhered to that we get what we deserve in respect of further acts of dishonesty and corruption.

Sub

Man held in spread betting probe at Coventry City v Crawley12 Jan 2014 21:24FA investigate possible bid to beat overseas TV time delays

Share on printShare on email

</body>

JS31059283-6499588.png
A man was held in a betting probe at Sixfields.Action Images / Peter Cziborra

A MAN was held on suspicion of feeding information from today’s game at Sixfields to overseas betting syndicates.
The Crawley Town policing team revealed on twitter that they were working with the FA’s Fraud Unit at Coventry City’s 2-2 draw.
It is understood the investigation was looking at match details being sent to beat time delays on TV coverage overseas for spread betting purposes.
The tweets said: “Spent some of the day working with FA fraud team and we ended up detaining a male (on suspicion of) feeding info back to an overseas syndicate at the match. The male was detained by the Police and spoken to in the presence of the FA Fraud Unit who are investigating this incident.”

Shocking just shocking look how empty that stand is !!!:blue:

chiefdave

Why would anyone overseas want to bet on CCFC V Crawley?

At a guess because it would be such an insignificant game overseas, probably means a slightly longer. Prem games are shown live all round the world, depending on the bookies source for updates you could have a while to get the bet on. Just think how long it takes the likes of BBC, Sky etc to update our scores I'm their sites.

simple_simon

Man held in spread betting probe at Coventry City v Crawley12 Jan 2014 21:24FA investigate possible bid to beat overseas TV time delays

</body>

JS31059283-6499588.png

A MAN was held on suspicion of feeding information from today’s game at Sixfields to overseas betting syndicates.
The Crawley Town policing team revealed on twitter that they were working with the FA’s Fraud Unit at Coventry City’s 2-2 draw.
It is understood the investigation was looking at match details being sent to beat time delays on TV coverage overseas for spread betting purposes.
The tweets said: “Spent some of the day working with FA fraud team and we ended up detaining a male (on suspicion of) feeding info back to an overseas syndicate at the match. The male was detained by the Police and spoken to in the presence of the FA Fraud Unit who are investigating this incident.”

The stand looks empty because it is, they do jot use it unless needed. Only Peterborough have filed it so far.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There's a new one the FA investigating something to do with CCFC:facepalm:

</body>

JS31059283-6499588.png

Hobo

Perhaps SISU are making money all along?

ollyservetta

sums it up for me ,all the shite we skyblues fans have been put threw over my forty odd years ,the thieving ,the lies ,and no fucker has given a shit. some one trying to get a bet on before the bookies can suspend the odds ,gets the Sweeney out of bed .wat about an investigation in to the lack of meat in some matchday pies

Sbarcher

Sorry mate no meat - SISU don't get the F&B revenue.....................

ecky

He wasn't dressed as a Crawley fan. Just said "come on Crawley" when the teams came out.

I honestly thought he was a bit slow and had actually got in the wrong end.

His commentary was of the "good catch by the goalkeeper" sort of level when the Crawley keeper caught the ball.

Maybe a scout?

matesx

And more to the point, did the 2-2 draw bring their bets home? ;)

doesnt matter who's playing - it can be bet on

lower profile than Prem so probably safer for the crooks

Hobo

Was it come on Crawley or come on a Draw for me? ;-)

wal3590

I needed a Cov win for 150 quid, I tried putting a 10a on Crawley or draw to cover my back when we were 1-0 up but was unable to as bookies stopped taking bets. This makes me think this issue is a little more serious. Especially when Pressley has let rip at one player, I haven't seen the goals so can't say match fixing definitely took place but would it really surprise us? We've had everything else!

Last edited:

Hobo

What law would be broken doing this? As far as I can see the match hasn't been fixed in any way.

I agree seems more a betting scam rather than a match fix. There is a big difference.

Il Pirata

And more to the point, did the 2-2 draw bring their bets home? ;)
These people don't care about the teams, it's all about the odds. They cover non-league football, any division, any country they can manipulate.

magic82ball

This happens ALL the time! Same as traders at a race meet, live action and a step ahead of time delays on betfair etc. This isn't fraud and in racing they have whole vantage boxes (at a premium) for traders and their laptops to trade from. Cant see how this has been translated into "fraud"

magic82ball

doesnt matter who's playing - it can be bet on

lower profile than Prem so probably safer for the crooks

A whole lot less liquidity in the market would make this less attractive than a Prem game, lesser liquidity = weaker exit strategy. As mentioned before, this is not illegal but I would suggest such traders exist at every game up and down the country to max profits.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Isn't gambling in China illegal fullstop?

Not sure how they found out so quickly he was phoning China mind you.

'Who are you talking to?' 'erm, the takeaway...'?

CovFan

I needed a Cov win for 150 quid, I tried putting a 10a on Crawley or draw to cover my back when we were 1-0 up but was unable to as bookies stopped taking bets. This makes me think this issue is a little more serious. Especially when Pressley has let rip at one player, I haven't seen the goals so can't say match fixing definitely took place but would it really surprise us? We've had everything else!

SkyBet didn't have any in play betting yesterday on our match which was slightly odd.

magic82ball

SkyBet didn't have any in play betting yesterday on our match which was slightly odd.

Its very odd, I trade games all the time, lay the draw and other systems and have never seen an English League game not in-play.

Users who are viewing this thread