ms639

Would it be a bad thing?

Focus on the league etc.

Thoughts?

Otis

Would it be a bad thing?

Focus on the league etc.

Thoughts?
Well you obviously try and win every game of course and any trophy is more than welcome, but in saying that, our priority HAS to be the league.

If we can do well in this competition with a slightly weakened squad, then great, but I wouldn't be looking to put our first team 11 out in every JPT game.

wozey

I was a guest of Bristol City last year and everyone was buzzing and was a cracking day out, we need this day out and to see the arch lit up in sky blue

Otis

'We'd love to win it and give the supporters something to celebrate. This City deserves something to celebrate.' TM this morning.

covcity4life

we are more than capable of winning it so yes it would be a bad thing

losing to a l2 side also wouldnt help

and we have a squad where a lil rotation wont hurt so good to have a cup competition to give them a run out

so all in all lets hope we win

covhead1

Said it in another thread, i hope we do get knocked out.
Tm should tell the players to lose.

shmmeee

I don't think it adds too many games and I'd rather win the JPT than get a big game in the other cups even if that pays more. TM is right it would do the club a world of good.

I think we've got enough quality and a good enough manager to put out a slightly weakened squad and give the likes of the sub keeper, Philips, Haynes, Thomas, Thomas and Tudgay a game. Maybe Harries as well if appropriate.

I trust in TM to manage the squad appropriately so I say go for it!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wouldn't lose any sleep if we did go out.

Hopefully give the likes of Haynes, Connor Thomas & Tudgay 90 mins.

Rest Stokes, Vincelot & Reda.
Put MAF on the bench.

skybluebeduff

I speak on behalf of everyone born in the 80's, specifically 1984, that we need a fooking Wembley day out like most of you lot experienced. We need it badly! Like really badly. :whistle:

Bob Latchford

We should, most definitely, try and win this competition . for our young fans who've never tasted any success at CCFC . let's put all our efforts into something we could actually win and , a 50 / 60.000 cov fan base at Wembley , would be great to see . whilst also concentrating on league one promotion . we're never going to win the league cup or F.,A Cup , whilst in the lower leagues . the odd pay day we've had , hasn't really proved great in the transfer market .

Evo1883

Just my opinion but i would rather be out of it .
League focus and try and get past a couple of teams in the FA CUP

Covstu

I would like us to have a real go at it, the team and fans need to good day out and something to remember after so many years of failure. The league is priority but a JPT win would give us all something to celebrate and we would certainly fill our half of wembley. Knowing our luck, it would be relocated to Villa park or something like that!!!

GaryJones

We will try and go all the way to win this competition - It makes sound financial sense too when you consider the size of the crowds we will attract to the Ricoh if we get through to the area finals etc - (Remember Crewe - 30,000 odd thousand) - we need to keep the winning mentality going and I've a strong feeling this might just be the year it all starts to change for the better!

Astute

If we stay in I will be happy. If we go out I won't be that bothered.

larry_david

Saints won the league and this comp in the same year. Can we done. A chance to give other players a game as well as keep them fresh and pushing for the team, the likes of Haynes, Phillips, RCC/Burge etc

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We'd take 50,000 but 'Derek' will still be in the CT (sad face arms folded) telling us all how he hasn't missed a game since 1970 yet couldn't get a ticket....

no_loyalty

Put MAF on the bench.

I'd rest Fleck instead of Vincelot, if Fleck gets a silly booking against Yeovil then he will be suspended for the Fleetwood game

jimmyhillsfanclub

Personally, I have no feelings toward the JPT....I simply don't care about it at all!

Its probably due being in my 40's....I believe the football we care about is the stuff that got us excited as kids.....

....this would also explain why I love the FA Cup but hate the champions league....

That's said, From the clubs point of view, I think winning the JPT would finally re-calibrate a small but significant portion of our support (often of similar age to myself) who struggle to grip the harsh reality that we are an establish 3rd division side & nothing more (at present)

.....So go & win it for the kids.:claping hands:

Otis

Put MAF on the bench.
Dream scenario would be that we win the bloomin thing with our second string squad.

Johnnythespider

Winning this would be good for our season I think, and also causing an upset or two in the F.A cup.

Gazolba

I want to see Burge in goal for the JPT game and Charles-Cook stay in goal for the league game. Hope we win but not too bothered if we lose.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
My take on this is that if we are striving to do well in our league then thats puts us ahead off most teams in this cup so regardless of squad rotation, we should do well, Saints and Bristol City have done so and we should aim to emulate.
You can see the winning games are providing the squad with greater confidence and we need to improve our away performances so maybe try a different approach or formation so we can use that in league games.

Finally, for those of us who did have a bit of enjoyment in the 80's, for my son who has endured 20 years of disappointment bar the odd game, I would personally love the chance to walk down Wembley way with him for a final of any kind and this is about the best chance we will ever have.

rupert_bear

If we do go out tonight imo it would be a big blow, the prize for getting to Wembley in the JPT is massive for our club. Been on skid row for seasons and need something to give all a boost. That is what happened to Jimmy Hill 52 years ago, getting to the FA cup quarters ignited the support and kick started the Sky Blue era.

ready_96

We could and should be getting through to the late stages of the JPT and the FA cup is always a laugh if we make it through a couple of rounds and we end up drawing someone like man utd....
Having a bit of success in both will help get attendances back to where they should be and IF we make it to Wembley i'm sure we'll turn a few heads with the amount of tickets we'd sell for that....

Users who are viewing this thread