Cranie and Bailey released from Barnsley (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Bit surprised by this. Had both of them down as decent Championship players. I'd definitely have Cranie back but not sure about Bailey

Otis

Bit surprised by this. Had both of them down as decent Championship players. I'd definitely have Cranie back but not sure about Bailey

I thought Bailey was excellent when he first came here. Then he had an injury and from the moment he came back from that injury he just wasn't half the player he previously was.

Danceswithhorses

Cranie was pretty solid (if unspectacular), in the championship, so i would def have him back, as our defence is weak and we're a division lower.

Last edited:

Jackoskyblue

Would have them both back in a heartbeat!! James Bailey was my favourite player that season get him signed up. I'll even get the new shirt with Bailey on the back and the famous Bailey Barnet haha

Astute

Would want better than a Barnsley reject. But there again we did get rid of Baker at the start of last season so it might not be about the players capabilities.

skybluepm2

Probably a cost cutting exercise, both are probably on a fair whack. I'd imagine they were banking on gaining promotion this year. Wasn't Cranie their skipper?

Manchester_sky_blue

I'd have Cranie back like a shot. Didn't have an attacking element to his game but solid defensively, inspired confidence. If i remember rightly he could pretty much play anywhere across the back 4 too so useful versatility. Can't say as I really remember a great deal about Bailey

LJC_CCFC

Would have both back tbh. Especially Cranie as he is the sort of centre half you could build a team around.

ptr

Cranie was always played out of
Position for us at right back, at this level a good cb. Should try get him especially if johnson goes

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'd have either back, although tbf didn't Bailey play alongside Fleck last time? Don't recall either getting goals between them.

As for Crainie, I think we will only need to invest in CB position as a priority if TM doesn't take up Reda's second year option and if we can't get Pennington back.

That said, he probably would command a decent wage which he probably isn't worth, bit Like Ward if he came available

stupot07

I'd have either back, although tbf didn't Bailey play alongside Fleck last time? Don't recall either getting goals between them.

As for Crainie, I think we will only need to invest in CB position as a priority if TM doesn't take up Reda's second year option and if we can't get Pennington back.

That said, he probably would command a decent wage which he probably isn't worth, bit Like Ward if he came available

Bailey played alongside Jennings, normally with baker, moussa and sheff in front of them, both scored 2 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fernandopartridge

Bailey scored once or twice, definitely got a winner v Oldham.

Cranie is a good player and I'd have him back, he goes out with a Cov girl who's old man is a loyal follower of the City

stupot07

Still lacking goals then. Need a different type of midfielder I think

Someone of the Darren pratley mould would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

junglej13

Think Bailey had a bad injury and didnt seem to do that well at Barnsley. Cranie has been pretty good for them I believe. Think he's meant to be a bit of a loose cannon though.

stupot07

Where we signed him from wasn't it?

Wasn't it Southampton? Did Southampton poach him from pompy?

Edit: started at Southampton moved to pompy then to us.

Last edited:

Gint11

I would have Cranie back. Bailey no and as for Leon Clarke, that club hoping twat can do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread