Cov's obsession with... (1 Viewer)

Rory83

Sticking strikers on the wing.

First half yesterday McNulty was out left far too often, either that or wandering around the middle. Sticking the Duck out on the right when he came on. It's pointless.

We need to play with a front two. Personally I'd drop Beavon for the next match and play either Nazon or Biamou alongside McNulty. I'm actually tempted to say Biamou and then utilise the Ducks pace for the last half hour.

Otis

First half yesterday McNulty was out left far too often, either that or wandering around the middle. Sticking the Duck out on the right when he came on. It's pointless.

We need to play with a front two. Personally I'd drop Beavon for the next match and play either Nazon or Biamou alongside McNulty. I'm actually tempted to say Biamou and then utilise the Ducks pace for the last half hour.
Apparently Nazon can play anywhere across the front line, so I don't think he is an out and out striker anyway.

CJ_covblaze

McNulty's scored 1 league goal in 16 and 2 in his last 23. What hope do we have of him scoring if we stick him out on the wing?!

Rory83

We need to play someone alongside McNulty who can win headers, can hold up play and put McNulty through. Beavon is not that man.

As it stands Vincenti may be the best outlet for that, although deployed right I think Biamou could be a decent enough foil.

larry_david

Gotta say it's not working with Beavon at all. Don't think he touched the ball until 42 mins yesterday.

pusbccfc

Any of our strikers are better than Vincenti on the wing.

stevefloyd

Vincenti is just being played in the wrong position, i would like to see him play in the middle, he is awkward and could win headers there I still think there is more to come from here if utilised properly

skybluepm2

Gotta say it's not working with Beavon at all. Don't think he touched the ball until 42 mins yesterday.

Agreed. Was happy when he re-signed but he was non-existent and added nothing. McNulty was the one who seemed be going up for all of the aerial challenges when it really isn't his role to do so. Andreu needs to start every game from hereon in. His quality is a cut above.

North York’s Blue

Vincenti is just being played in the wrong position, i would like to see him play in the middle, he is awkward and could win headers there I still think there is more to come from here if utilised properly
We were saying exactly the same yesterday, he's not a natural winger therefore automatically drifts inside which then cut down he passing opportunities for Grimmer. As much as he didn't have a particular good game I thought that the abuse he got was unwarranted.

stevefloyd

No player deserves abuse for trying to do his job! Yes there will be players you dont like for 1 reason or another but to slag a player off for trying to play the best of their abilities even the best players in the world have off days but what makes them better players is they usually recover their form quicker because they have better players around them to help raise their games because they are playing a higher standard. Vincenti seems to be the early boo boy I am sure if we boo him every week we can destroy him and instead of helping the team we can help the boo boys who will no doubt be delighted they have helped destroy someones career

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It isn't just Cov , England do it as well , no matter who the manager is .
The modern game today, well it sucks .:facepalm:

singers_pore

No player deserves abuse for trying to do his job! Yes there will be players you dont like for 1 reason or another but to slag a player off for trying to play the best of their abilities even the best players in the world have off days but what makes them better players is they usually recover their form quicker because they have better players around them to help raise their games because they are playing a higher standard. Vincenti seems to be the early boo boy I am sure if we boo him every week we can destroy him and instead of helping the team we can help the boo boys who will no doubt be delighted they have helped destroy someones career

But playing football is not a real job is it. If you choose to be a footballer you have to expect the boos as well as the cheers. I honestly don't think players give a toss either way. If their performance is affected by fans, they are in the wrong occupation.

KG7

But playing football is not a real job is it. If you choose to be a footballer you have to expect the boos as well as the cheers. I honestly don't think players give a toss either way. If their performance is affected by fans, they are in the wrong occupation.

Absolutely clueless. If I stood at the side of you boo'ing you and hurling abuse at you while you tried your best to do your job do you think it would decrease your productivity?

Do you think you'd be distracted and start thinking about the people abusing you and whether you were right or wrong?

Would you start to to second guess yourself the next time you did something?

Would you then lose confidence in yourself and your ability to make a simple decision?

YES to all of those.

A lot of our fans are nobs and there's a reason why so many of our players under perform for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

Absolutely clueless. If I stood at the side of you boo'ing you and hurling abuse at you while you tried your best to do your job do you think it would decrease your productivity?

Do you think you'd be distracted and start thinking about the people abusing you and whether you were right or wrong?

Would you start to to second guess yourself the next time you did something?

Would you then lose confidence in yourself and your ability to make a simple decision?

YES to all of those.

A lot of our fans are nobs and there's a reason why so many of our players under perform for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could not agree with you more KG7. Hurling abuse at players is completely idiotic and damages the team.

Users who are viewing this thread