Coventy United 17th May 2014 (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Need a point to gain a promotion and its the last game of the season

Wondered if anyone fancies a pint on Allard Way. Im going with my lad and a mate so thought it was a good opportunity to meet a few fellow fans of football and support the CU lads in their first season. We can chew the CCFC fat over a beer and celebrate the hopeful promotion.

Be good if a Coventry team could have a decent turn out. Forget the why dont you go to Sphinx / Copsewood argument - this is basically a local team being promoted.

Get yourselves down there folks....footy and beer...what can possibly go wrong!!!!

ccfcway

good shout that, i'd get to it if i could.

As a local team, good luck to them.

Best home record in their league, most goals in their league

Hope for their sake they get a bumper crowd

Last edited:

HighfieldRoader

For those who don't know it was announced last night on social media that ''due to unforseen pitch circumstances'' this game was moved to Austrey Rangers FC near Tamworth. From what I hear quite a few fans turned up at the Alan Higgs Centre to find game moved and a comment posted by a fan on the Cov Utd website suggests that the club ''may as well be run by SISU''!

mark82

For those who don't know it was announced last night on social media that ''due to unforseen pitch circumstances'' this game was moved to Austrey Rangers FC near Tamworth. From what I hear quite a few fans turned up at the Alan Higgs Centre to find game moved and a comment posted by a fan on the Cov Utd website suggests that the club ''may as well be run by SISU''!

It was announced a few days ago to be fair. This is life at the bottom of the football pyramid. Believe this is a twice rearranged game, first because of the weather then because Burntwood were unable to field a team. The game has been pushed back 2 weeks after the end of their season.

PS - cannot find the "may as well be run by SISU'' comment on their website.

edgy

So is it NOPM at Cov United too?

Surprised ACL didn't jump in to save the day. It would sell out surely?

HighfieldRoader

It was announced a few days ago to be fair. This is life at the bottom of the football pyramid. Believe this is a twice rearranged game, first because of the weather then because Burntwood were unable to field a team. The game has been pushed back 2 weeks after the end of their season.

PS - cannot find the "may as well be run by SISU'' comment on their website.

Where was it announced a few days ago? The first mention of it I can find on social media is yesterday. Also today's Coventry Telegraph states The Alan Higgs Centre.
The ''may as well be run by SISU'' comment can be found in the comments section as part of a posting by Ed Carey.

zuni

Where was it announced a few days ago? The first mention of it I can find on social media is yesterday. Also today's Coventry Telegraph states The Alan Higgs Centre.
The ''may as well be run by SISU'' comment can be found in the comments section as part of a posting by Ed Carey.

It was out of their hands..i waas pissed of but decided to go to Austrey....good game, some good banter and good skill ...well deserved win and promotion.

The Ed Carey comment is there, however it was out of united's hands and they had to complete the game or forfeit the points, Ricoh actually offered to let them play but the away team manager said no...thankfully Austrey said they could help at the very last minute (the only club that did) and were very very helpful in tidying the pitch at stupid oclock this morning.

M&B Stand

Not having a pop but, the standard of that division is shocking, not winning it for a club as heralded as Cov utd is embarrassing. Coundon sports & social would destroy them.

Grendel

Not having a pop but, the standard of that division is shocking, not winning it for a club as heralded as Cov utd is embarrassing. Coundon sports & social would destroy them.

Teams not having enough players? The ground being turfed before a game? Yep they'll be a great alternative to CCFC at the Ricoh.

Its worse than a pub side.

ccfcway

Teams not having enough players? The ground being turfed before a game? Yep they'll be a great alternative to CCFC at the Ricoh.

yep, much better to have called off games at sixfields and playing jordan clarke up front ?

Last edited:

Grendel

yep, as opposed to the called of games at sixfield and playing jordan clarke up front ?

Two games were postponed? About average in the league? I remember in the top flight the club having to play a centre half who had never played up front before doing so.

zuni

Grendel as always....your a clown, anything slightly good you piss all over it....if it aint your thing fine...try not demean everything at every opportunity. To the lads who played today it meant alot, for the fans who watched it meant alot. At least we know they will play in Coventry next season.....

Grendel

Grendel as always....your a clown, anything slightly good you piss all over it....if it aint your thing fine...try not demean everything at every opportunity. To the lads who played today it meant alot, for the fans who watched it meant alot. At least we know they will play in Coventry next season.....

This is a forum for CCFC fans so I suggest you piss off and join the cov utd forum - talking to yourself no doubt.

zuni

sorry my bad, i often forget that you demean cov fans just as much ...maybe as your just a twat, as it happens I am a Cov fan, however unlike you i can appreciate success in Coventry ...when we are back playing in Coventry I will be...as for talking to youself isnt that where most of your gibberish ends when you cant find a smart answer to the many questions you often dodge?

Grendel

sorry my bad, i often forget that you demean cov fans just as much ...maybe as your just a twat, as it happens I am a Cov fan, however unlike you i can appreciate success in Coventry ...when we are back playing in Coventry I will be...as for talking to youself isnt that where most of your gibberish ends when you cant find a smart answer to the many questions you often dodge?

Never dodge SBT questions and certainly none off you. Show a question I've dodged. Its a myth.

zuni

you do often, not from me your right...as I consider you a clown therefore dont usually engage in discussion with you.....this conversation is closed for me now...so please bore off somewhere else.

M&B Stand

Most lads from Cov Sunday prem one that play Saturdays would play higher than midcomb 2. Alvis, Copeswood possibly griff, atherstone.

skybluetony176

Never dodge SBT questions and certainly none off you. Show a question I've dodged. Its a myth.

Good. In that case can you answer the last set of questions I posed in counter of your insults over your lack of understanding of the correct course to take when complaining about state aid funding. I was beginning to think your internet was down.

Grendel

Good. In that case can you answer the last set of questions I posed in counter of your insults over your lack of understanding of the correct course to take when complaining about state aid funding. I was beginning to think your internet was down.

I answered them 100 times Tony and the most relevant answer was;

How do you the know they haven't reported them and are investigating both courses of action? Do you?

Grendel

You nasty piece of work, I hope I never come face to face with you.

Are you threatening me? No one on here gives a shit about some poxy club in the god knows what tier of English football.

Grendel

Two games were postponed? About average in the league? I remember in the top flight the club having to play a centre half who had never played up front before doing so.

You never answered my question. Which defender played one game as centre forward and scored in that game? He then signed for the team he scored against for us. Who is it?

Grendel

You never answered my question. Which defender played one game as centre forward and scored in that game? He then signed for the team he scored against for us. Who is it?

He shared his surname with an England centre forward from the seventies.

skybluetony176

I answered them 100 times Tony and the most relevant answer was;

How do you the know they haven't reported them and are investigating both courses of action? Do you?

I've told you 1000 times, stop exaggerating grendull.

So your seriously suggesting that the local, national and European press have deliberately not reported on this one but have reported on Swansea, Barcelona and Madrid. I think the other Welsh council reported to the European commission and covered by the national press was carmarthen so it's not even down to the size of our club.

What you didn't answer was me questioning you on your guestimation that a European commission would take to long in comparison to the JR and that must be why sisu have taken the JR route. So I'll ask you again. What do you base this assumption on?

You also seemed to suggest that sisu's lawyer's would unearth more dirt. From last week's warm up game I would say no. A European commission would have the weight of the European court's behind them. If they wanted access to councillors private notes I'm pretty sure they'd get them.

So again. Why go straight to expensive litigation when there is already a mechanism in place that won't cost the club a penny with more authority than a hedge fund and it's band of merry lawyers. If your angle is justice to the latter of the law it doesn't make sense. Unless you have a different angle of course.

Just to add. If sisu have reported the "state aid bale out" do you seriously expect that no one from sisu would have blurted it out by now. They could have spun ACL/CCC being investigated by the European commission for England until the cows come home. ML would have been on CWR wetting his pants with excitement.

Last edited:

Grendel

I've told you 1000 times, stop exaggerating grendull.

So your seriously suggesting that the local, national and European press have deliberately not reported on this one but have reported on Swansea, Barcelona and Madrid. I think the other Welsh council reported to the European commission and covered by the national press was carmarthen so it's not even down to the size of our club.

What you didn't answer was me questioning you on your guestimation that a European commission would take to long in comparison to the JR and that must be why sisu have taken the JR route. So I'll ask you again. What do you base this assumption on?

You also seemed to suggest that sisu's lawyer's would unearth more dirt. From last week's warm up game I would say no. A European commission would have the weight of the European court's behind them. If they wanted access to councillors private notes I'm pretty sure they'd get them.

So again. Why go straight to expensive litigation when there is already a mechanism in place that won't cost the club a penny with more authority than a hedge fund and it's band of merry lawyers. If your angle is justice to the latter of the law it doesn't make sense. Unless you have a different angle of course.

Ok so Swansea have been investigated for 6 months. How's it going?

Users who are viewing this thread