Coventry's Greatest Ever Player ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

On the radio this morning the phone in was about Gerrard quitting Liverpool and many reckon he's their best ever player. It got me thinking about my club and who's our best ever star ? My " favourite" ever player was George Hudson but in my opinion our best ever player that I've seen was Tommy Hutchison.
Any more suggestions ?

daz_doc

Maybe not the greatest flair player but hands down it has to be Steve Ogrizovic; he saved City on countless occassions and would've had far greater recognition if he'd played for a more fashionable club.

Grendel

Given his career afterwards its hard to argue against Stuart Pierce.

tim07

No. The most skillful we ever saw was Hadji, or Hadjust a little too much expectorant to keep referees happy.

stupot07

NdLovu was my all time favourite, and we had his best days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

It depends on time here or over career.

I can only go back to 83 so missed Tommy Hutchinson, the best player during his time here for me would have been Dublin.

CJ_covblaze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Of my generation (1991 - now) he'd be my pick. Gazza was my first England hero, Nuddy was first one here. Both brilliant in their own way. I wish the two sides had them now!

rob9872

Dublin for me. Like many of you I was disappointed with how he left, but gave me so much joy watching in the era when I was probably more "into it" than at any other. Notes le mentions for Speedie and Gallacher too.

Covstu

Would agree for pure consistency and moving onto the next level was Dion. The guy was superb, picked him up for a snip and worth every penny plus more.

Gutted when he left but understood the reasons why given his ability compared to where we were as a club.

LastGarrison

How has Roland Nilsson not get a mention on this thread?

One of the few world class players we have ever had.

jimmyhillsfanclub

How has Roland Nilsson not get a mention on this thread?

One of the few world class players we have ever had.

Very true.....

Rolaaaaand was a top player & top pro.....great attitude & approach to the game throughout his career...Just a shame the idiots in charge of city at the time didn't give him another season as manager & opted for the dumb as fuck player manager approach with Gary Mac......

Player managers only actually work in the world of "Roy of the Rovers" & "Tiger & Scorcher".....fucking clowns!!

Nick

Administrator

I agree, I was young at the time but at that time he was like Messi or Ronaldo to me! (Not saying he is as good as them, but to me he was when he was taking people on. I looked at him like the kids look at Messi or Ronaldo now, I know they were not known then..)

Plus, he was actually a playyyyyerrrr ;)

K

Kavomatovldag

Coventrys Greatest Ever Pl

Why only Men...If you ask anyone...Navratilova is the greatest Tennis player of all time but when it comes to just men,then it is Federer

Users who are viewing this thread