Coventry vs Scunthorpe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

wingy

Wingy we were not mugged. We were second best for the majority of the game.

I was meaning in the sense that Scunny like Carlisle are well versed in this division and how to survive in it ,they know their gameplan and are organised to carry it out ,we are still to adapt
to what it takes to survive down here .survive first ,play football second.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Horrible game, for me that was one of the least pleasing performances since the Boothroyd era. We hoofed it long for 90 minutes and didn't even try to play football, hacking and slashing the ball all over the place, maybe we could have nicked a point at the end but we didn't deserve it

Referee was utter shite and needs putting down and Leon Clarke is a horrible little c**t.

Another question I would have is why are we playing J Clarke out of position when we have two natural left backs in the squad. Murphy was flapping at crosses all game and Edjenguele was a liability with the ball at his feet. Fleck and Mcdonald were both ineffective and Mcgoldrick is only human. Baker put in a number of good crosses and Christie was dangerous on the right flank

stupot07

He flitted in and out of the game. I thought he played too deep leaving Cody isolated. In contrast On Tuesday both he and Cody played high on the centrebacks which caused Crawley problems.. he looked the most likely to make something happen and won the freekick.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was meaning in the sense that Scunny like Carlisle are well versed in this division and how to survive in it ,they know their gameplan and are organised to carry it out ,we are still to adapt
to what it takes to survive down here .survive first ,play football second.

You need players who can a) win possession and b) protect your more technical players who can open up the opposition. We seem to have too many of the latter which is making us a soft touch.

stupot07

You also need skillfull players who continually influence a match. Not like fleck who goes missing for 99% of a match. Scunthorpe's wingers were continually in the game and always asking questions of our defenders

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interestingly Murphy thought it was a pen
Yea he said seeing the replay he thought it was pen

My thoughts is that both players were at each other, pulling each other. Clarke initially fouled Wood to get past him and then Wood fouled Clarke to try and slow him down

Not a pen imo

stupot07

Yea he said seeing the replay he thought it was pen

My thoughts is that both players were at each other, pulling each other. Clarke initially fouled Wood to get past him and then Wood fouled Clarke to try and slow him down

Not a pen imo

I need to see it again really. Christies however was definitely not a pen

Brighton Sky Blue

You also need skillfull players who continually influence a match. Not like fleck who goes missing for 99% of a match. Sc-unithorpe's wingers were continually in the game and always asking questions of our defenders

No point having skilful players when you can't get them the ball or protect them when they do. You can't ask them to harry and press when they're not cut out for that job. That said, for 'skilful players', they don't seem to fit the bill there either.

stupot07

No point having skilful players when you can't get them the ball or protect them when they do. You can't ask them to harry and press when they're not cut out for that job. That said, for 'skilful players', they don't seem to fit the bill there either.

I agree.......they are not the right sort of players for league one football.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Never been a Wood fan I'm afraid. He gets it wrong too many times for me- sure he's brave and throws is head in where it hurts- that doesn't make him a good centre half though.... errant passes- the proverbial 50p head and why does he let the straight ball go past him- so many times he gets caught in no-man's land with the ball bouncing and running between him and the Goalie.
He wasn't on his own today mind, other than Edge for me at the back we looked shaky- Clarkes a good number 9 at this level and played our Centre half's well I thought.
Offensively little or no spark until we went 1-2 down- why can we never sustain momentum and attacks until we are behind, when its all a little too late and all a little too desperate....disappointed doesn't do my mood justice:mad:

stupot07

Where do you sit? I'm in block 24 happened right in front of me. Scunny player definitely took christie out.

Block 20, looked like a hand on his shoulder, he felt the touch and went down.

The scunny player definitely didn't do anything more than that from my angle. Perhaps it looked worse closer up? I'm sure we'll see a replay.

blueflint

we are in a relegation scrap all the peeps saying we could make the play offs wake up i cant stand my team in this position but am realistic

stupot07

Just had a quick look at the table, even though we've picked up points since Robins has taken over the points gap between us and 6th has extended by 4 points. We were 8 points adrift when he took over and we are now 12 adrift.

Grendel

Just had a quick look at the table, even though we've picked up points since Robins has taken over the points gap between us and 6th has extended by 4 points. We were 8 points adrift when he took over and we are now 12 adrift.

In terms of ratio per game it has improved. However, so what?

Today surely was an indicator in how poor this squad is. Virtually the whole team were sub standard. Wood was completely outplayed today. I was adjacent to the penalty and it was soft but there definately was contact. Linnel thought Edjuingelle was a candidate for MOM. I thought he is one of the few players who would make Kilkline look like Beckenbaur. How basic is he?

Jennings is just poor. Fleck is not anywhere near the level of fitness and stamina that is needed. Look at their left sided guy and compare him to Fleck. I don'y mind Bailey but today he was invisible.

McDonald is completely useless. Why does anyone defend him?

As for the ref in general why does no one mention their disallowed goal. What was wrong with that?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Today surely was an indicator in how poor this squad is. Virtually the whole team were sub standard. Wood was completely outplayed today. I was adjacent to the penalty and it was soft but there definately was contact. Linnel thought Edjuingelle was a candidate for MOM. I thought he is one of the few players who would make Kilkline look like Beckenbaur. How basic is he?

Jennings is just poor. Fleck is not anywhere near the level of fitness and stamina that is needed. Look at their left sided guy and compare him to Fleck. I don'y mind Bailey but today he was invisible.

As for the ref in general why does no one mention their disallowed goal. What was wrong with that?
I agree on Mcdonald, ROD looked more dangerous in his 10 minute cameo and that is saying something. Also Moussa is a very frustrating player but seems to be one of the only players with the ability to go past a player so should be in the side imo. I was very disappointed with the team today and the long ball tactic employed by the team

I still also don't understand why we are leaving two left backs out for Clarke at RB? The back 4 was so lopsided today, we had two lefties at centre half and a right footer at LB

stupot07

Their pen wasn't a pen. Clarke didn't even appeal for one

Definite penalty just seen in on sky sports, and yes Clarke did appeal for it. If Clarke did handball is there is absolutely noway the ref or linesman would have seen it, he didn't appear to foul Wood either

skybluelee

Agree with all that. Apart from your spelling of Kilcline.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Moussa is a very frustrating player. Shown us so much in his first game V Arsenal yet since then, hes looked very drab imo!

What has Henderson done so wrong to be out the picture so much? I havent rated him from what ive seen, but he is only young and maybe im being a bit harsh on him. Surely he cant be any worse?

Grendel

Definite penalty just seen in on sky sports, and yes Clarke did appeal for it. If Clarke did handball is there is absolutely noway the ref or linesman would have seen it, he didn't appear to foul Wood either

I though it was as well. Also nothing wrong with the disallowed goal.

Skybluepiglet

At Half time its 1-1

Where were we for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half??

We sure attacked when we went behind ..but up until then NOTHING!!!
Scunthorpe were poor..and we were aswell except for final 15 mins....Our home record @ weekends is shocking!!

My lad gets depressed when we lose..Its Every Time We Go!!!!

Last edited:

stupot07

Our "flair players" disappear for long periods, fleck and Moussa were anonymous, whereas Scunthorpe's two wingers were always asking questions of defenders

wingy

As i was'nt there today and listening in ,there were many times I heard Gibbo say "Run With it " meaning midfielders ,he could'nt seem to grasp they wer'nt willing to carry the ball into space.He was also confounded that DMC was constantly running the channels wide and often was urging him to stay central and closer to Cody ,is he just a dinosuar?Did'nt King play like DMC
with similar success.

Users who are viewing this thread