Coventry vs Scunthorpe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

As i was'nt there today and listening in ,there were many times I heard Gibbo say "Run With it " meaning midfielders ,he could'nt seem to grasp they wer'nt willing to carry the ball into space.He was also confounded that DMC was constantly running the channels wide and often was urging him to stay central and closer to Cody ,is he just a dinosuar?Did'nt King play like DMC
with similar success.
On CWR he sounded like a football dinosaur an old fashioned before the game

stupot07

I think the difference it King would peel out wide hold the ball up, lay it off then make his way into the box.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gibbo before the game made a comment along the lines of "in my day, you had fat footballers; now a days you dont". Considering that was his second CCFC game this season, I wonder if he reconsiders saying this after looking at a few of our players ;)

They barely count as footballers.

stupot07

I lived near Scunny for about 17 years. I have mates and family nearby. I know how shit they are playing. I have been told that all but 1 of their players that can do anything are out injured or suspended. A mate who I normally go to Scunny games with has told me they are hoping they don't have a heavy defeat today.

So what do you know better than the Scunny supporters Otis? Or are you preparing your excuses for if we lose........

Otis....what did you know better than the scunny supporters? ;)

Otis

Tough game :D

If we find this game a tough one we will not have advanced at all from the start of the season. This should be a comfortable win. I am going to Scunny in about an hour. Typical we are at home against a club that are from where I am going to be :( They are playing shite. If they play well against us we will be worse than most of us think.

Comfortable win? 3-0? 4-1? 5-1? Not a tough game? Okay. If you say so! ;-)

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Otis

Otis....what did you know better than the scunny supporters? ;)

As I said, I may not know Scunny, but I do know City. And we are a poor, poor side. It's about time everyone realised this and stopped talking about comfortable wins. This is a tough division and there are many tough, tough sides. Don't know why some on here are talking about shock defeats. This is the way it's going to be until MR gets rid of just about all the players AT brought in plus the likes of Sheff and Bell etc. Sorry to say, but yet another clean sweep is needed.

Grendel

As I said, I may not know Scunny, but I do know City. And we are a poor, poor side. It's about time everyone realised this and stopped talking about comfortable wins. This is a tough division and there are many tough, tough sides. Don't know why some on here are talking about shock defeats. This is the way it's going to be until MR gets rid of just about all the players AT brought in plus the likes of Sheff and Bell etc. Sorry to say, but yet another clean sweep is needed.

Totally agree. The notion that we lost games during the caretaker period and that is the only reason we are struggling is ridiculous.

We all have to move on but we all also have to realise all the summer signings were rubbish. We even had some of them on trial and still signed them. Unbelievable.

How we do get rid of them who knows. Some one here think they will walk into other clubs they have so much talent. Personally I think the queue will be small. Let's hope Nuneaton have a big budget.

Baginton

I sat there in the first half thinking how much more of this I can take, when we scored I clapped but didn't get up as frankly we didn't deserve to be ahead, the players are not playing for each other, the ref angered me and so did the obvious Scunny time wasting, but the whole disjointed half arsed display from most of the players leaves me even more annoyed.

this is turning into a horrible frustrating stuttering season, I hope come january MR can try to get in some better players who can play together, McGoldrick will go and I worry how we will cope without him, all we can realistically hope for is to steer clear a of a relegation dog fight, get rid of the dead wood and have another go next season.

If this carries on my season will probably conclude following the score watching tv at home, I want to come to the Ricoh, get a Carlsberg, enjoy the game, eat a Pork batch at half time etc... but not with this piss poor woeful stuff currently being produced on the field.

Depressed in CV6 :(

Stevec189

I said it would be a difficult game and experts like Grendal told me their win at Walsall was a one off clearly not! Out fought, out battled, out done for pace and until will learn to press teams when we don't have the ball, use the ball on the ground more and get some pace then we are lost. We were better when Moussa came on because he linked up the play which neither Jennings or Bailey were doing. Not all the summer signings are bad. Edge seems reasonable, McGoldrick obviously good. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread