Coventry Vs Rovers Advice (1 Viewer)

Gassy

Hi all, Gashead in peace here!

Firstly just wishing you luck with the Ricoh developments. If it comes to it, we had a thread on our forum where every single rovers fan hoped we vote to keen you in the EFL.

Onto our game coming up soon. I live abroad & am thinking about flying back for it. There’s a flight I can catch after the game from Birmingham that takes off at 19:05 (kick off is at 15:00). What are the chances I can make it after the game?

I’ve been to Birmingham airport quite a few times but normally straight up from Bristol. Google tells me the airport is only 20 minutes away but looking for some advice on traffic, road works etc. (I’ll be getting a lift by car)

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Adge

Yes you should make it to the airport for 6pm no problem. Depends on where you park etc but getting away after the game is not really an issue unless you park in the official car parks which 1) is a rip-off and 2) can be a nightmare to get out after the game. Plenty of other car parking around for half the price and a quick getaway.

clint van damme

Firstly just wishing you luck with the Ricoh developments. If it comes to it, we had a thread on our forum where every single rovers fan hoped we vote to keen you in the EFL.

Onto our game coming up soon. I live abroad & am thinking about flying back for it. There’s a flight I can catch after the game from Birmingham that takes off at 19:05 (kick off is at 15:00). What are the chances I can make it after the game?

I’ve been to Birmingham airport quite a few times but normally straight up from Bristol. Google tells me the airport is only 20 minutes away but looking for some advice on traffic, road works etc. (I’ll be getting a lift by car)

Thanks in advance,
Jack

If you've got a lift you should be fine, especially with it being a Sunday.

pusbccfc

No problem in a car. Should be there in time for a pint pre-flight.

HerneBayGaz

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Your probably be 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go so you can slip out early

Gassy

Thanks for the advice all, I'll be booking the flight today/tomorrow!

Looking forward to it, never been to the Ricoh. Any advice on where to park that's good for a quick exit?

Magwitch

Thanks for the advice all, I'll be booking the flight today/tomorrow!

Looking forward to it, never been to the Ricoh. Any advice on where to park that's good for a quick exit?
Perhaps come back just before game and be advised best place to park for quick getaway, Ricoh is less than 10 minutes from M6 and once on there 20 minutes from airport.

Irish Sky Blue

You can actually park in the shopping centre car park which is right next to the stadium. You would however need to spend £50 in one of the shops. (I get a £50 Tesco gift card if I do this) and make sure you keep the receipt. If you are issued with a penalty notice text a photo of your receipt and the notice will be recinded.

Nick

Administrator
You can actually park in the shopping centre car park which is right next to the stadium. You would however need to spend £50 in one of the shops. (I get a £50 Tesco gift card if I do this) and make sure you keep the receipt. If you are issued with a penalty notice text a photo of your receipt and the notice will be recinded.
Not the quickest getaway though?

Magwitch

It can be slow to get out though, I’m not talking ages but 30 minutes is possible, but it is away end side of the stadium
AStonesThrow offer looks best bet to me.

GaryJones

Taxi to the airport - less stress and guaranteed to get you there on time!

Users who are viewing this thread