Coventry vs Notts County - Match Thread (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

What do we think today then folks ? Predicted scores, lineups and attendances before kick off...

I'm feeling reasonably confident today, I'm going for another 2-0 win and clean sheet

Kingokings204

Would like to think win today after a positive result on Wednesday.

Having a look at the fixture list and this is a very winnable 5-6 games for us that's for sure. Win today and beat colchester next weekend for our first away win and maybe things can go up after new year for once.

chiefdave

A good performance and a big win today would be nice after the week we've had. Of course this is CCFC we're talking about so we'll probably lose, 2-1 to them. 8,568 turn up. Followed by a post match phone in that's so depressing it makes you want to kill yourself.

MichaelCCFC

Notts County are in 6th place. they lost their last game but before that won 5 on the trot after 4 consecutive draws. Compare that with our form and it looks like it could be a tough afternoon

skybluepm2

With so many of their players away on international duty (somehow in league 1!!) this is the best time to play them. They're having a decent season which is highlighted in the fact that they've only lost 1 in 11. We do seem to raise it against the better teams so I'm hoping we carry on where we left off against Plymouth and not Worcester!

Team wise, despite the clean sheet I would bring Reda and Martin straight back in (despite the international form of Webster) leave the full backs as they are and go from there. I look at the centre of midfield and it just doesn't inspire me. Barton is growing on me again but I just can't see what Finch gives us. Fleck needs to go back in the centre, he's wasted out on the left. Give Swanson a run, he owes us a performance. Job on the right and the two units up front; Madine and Big Frank.

I think that the names on the bench will give us more of an indication as to who are the players who are going to be banished. I really hope it isn't Jackson, more so Tudgay and Miller but time shall tell.

This could be one of those make or break games today; 2-1 City in front of a paltry crowd of 7,226. Looking forward to it nevertheless!

PUSB

stupot07

I think it will be 2-2 draw but another poor performance. Pressley needs to decide what his best side is and start playing it. I've just had a quick look at the back of Sundays programme and we haven't played the same 11 in consecutive games at all this season. I know there have been some poor results and performances but how can you build partnership's and form when you're playing next to someone difference every game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Rusty Trombone

I think it will be 2-2 draw but another poor performance. Pressley needs to decide what his best side is and start playing it. I've just had a quick look at the back of Sundays programme and we haven't played the same 11 in consecutive games at all this season. I know there have been some poor results and performances but how can you build partnership's and form when you're playing next to someone difference every game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

They could get around the tricky partnership conundrum by practicing together on non match days. Maybe add in some shooting and passing practice as well, and if that all starts to work well, maybe invite the keepers to join in.

stupot07

They could get around the tricky partnership conundrum by practicing together on non match days. Maybe add in some shooting and passing practice as well, and if that all starts to work well, maybe invite the keepers to join in.

I'm sure they do practice together every day in training, but training is different to match day conditions where there's pressure, higher intensity, the variable of not quite knowing how the opposition will play, etc. Nothing can quite replicate an actual competitive match.

Look at the different centre midfields we've had.

Fleck Thomas o'brien (352)
Thomas Swanson o'brien (352)
Swanson fleck and o'brien (352)
Thomas Swanson Daniels (352)
Fleck Thomas coulibaly (353)
Barton o'brien coulibaly (352)
Fleck Barton o'brien (352)
Thomas Barton (442)
Barton finch (442)

How do you build partnerships, even in training if next week it's going to be changed again next week?

Otis

Notts County are in 6th place. they lost their last game but before that won 5 on the trot after 4 consecutive draws. Compare that with our form and it looks like it could be a tough afternoon

Yep. Defeat I feel. We didn't play well on Wednesday despite the victory and we still look quite suspect at the back at times.

1-2. Hope I'm wrong though.

D

Deleted member 4232

My prediction?

22 players will pass a ball around eachother to the jeers and foul bias judgements of a crowd of around 8000. Some players will try and dive and cheat, fein life threatening injury through mere grazes and generally behave in a manner that shames any respect the game used to carry. The referee will be called all the names under the sun, by both players and supporters, no one will blink an eye. The common enemy. A goal or two will be scored and celebrated in extreme flamoyance; all but rose petals and doves missing from the grandeur. Grown men will sing songs out loud in public; some will take this as an opportunity to try and intimidate the opposition fans by posing with his arms stretched as if to offer a physical challenge; brave only because of the small horde around him. The same man will stare at his feet, when walking by himself at night. The game will end, the players will finish their 'day job', not caring too much for the result but more on personal performance, or not - some will start planning what wacky haircut to have next game, or what coloured boots he should buy next. Supporters will start debating everything that went against their team, some will grade each player in detail about his performance, giving him a number between 1-10 on how he thinks he has done. His qualification for these judgements? 18 hours of FIFA a week and picking spots. The rest will go to a boozer; buy sour tasting english lager and agree with eachother for hours.

2-2.

Rusty Trombone

I'm sure they do practice together every day in training, but training is different to match day conditions where there's pressure, higher intensity, the variable of not quite knowing how the opposition will play, etc. Nothing can quite replicate an actual competitive match.

Look at the different centre midfields we've had.

Fleck Thomas o'brien (352)
Thomas Swanson o'brien (352)
Swanson fleck and o'brien (352)
Thomas Swanson Daniels (352)
Fleck Thomas coulibaly (353)
Barton o'brien coulibaly (352)
Fleck Barton o'brien (352)
Thomas Barton (442)
Barton finch (442)

How do you build partnerships, even in training if next week it's going to be changed again next week?

I'm sure there plenty I what you say Stu, but I think sometimes we're led to believe football is too complicated for mere fans to understand. At this level they should all be capable of passing to a player in the same colour shirt, and when a player hasn't got the ball he should know that he should make himself available to receive a pass from a player in the same colour shirt.

It shouldn't be like at school where you avoid passing to certain people (like me), who were too incapable of doing anything with the ball.

Otis

England 2 Slovenia 0

Wonder if this might put a few off going today, what with England kicking off at 5 p.m.

I can't go up today unfortunately, so I will be listening to the game and then turn straight to the England game on the TV.

Be interesting to see if the crowd is down today because of the Euro qualifier.

mrtrench

I can see this one going to County. Three nil. Clarke scoring all three past his own keeper.

LJC_CCFC

Wonder if this might put a few off going today, what with England kicking off at 5 p.m.

I can't go up today unfortunately, so I will be listening to the game and then turn straight to the England game on the TV.

Tbh watching England under Hodgson is nearly as pointless as watching the City at the moment, nearly, not quite.

LJC_CCFC

If Derry has done his homework (Watched the Worcester game) he'll know how easily we succumbed to hoofball following the high pressing game employed by Worcester.

Don't give us time on the ball and we're clueless, mainly because we don't possess a cm who can drop, receive the ball, turn and go forward (Well we do in Fleck, but Pressley plays him on the wing which really shows how idiotic he is).

We should win because now that we play 4-4-2 (after 14 games of utter shite playing 5-3-2) we do create at least 2 or 3 chances and with Madine and Nouble we should get a goal.

Fuck knows why I'm confident about this tbh.

Pressley out and Rosler in PLEASE.

Otis

If Derry has done his homework (Watched the Worcester game) he'll know how easily we succumbed to hoofball following the high pressing game employed by Worcester.

Don't give us time on the ball and we're clueless, mainly because we don't possess a cm who can drop, receive the ball, turn and go forward (Well we do in Fleck, but Pressley plays him on the wing which really shows how idiotic he is).

We should win because now that we play 4-4-2 (after 14 games of utter shite playing 5-3-2) we do create at least 2 or 3 chances and with Madine and Nouble we should get a goal.

Fuck knows why I'm confident about this tbh.

Pressley out and Rosler in PLEASE.

That worked for 5 mins though and I can kind of see why we did it. It certainly took the pressure off us, as they just kept pressing and pressing and we kept giving away possession. It made sense to relieve the pressure.

When we started to play the long ball for those 5 mins we suddenly looked a little more dangerous and the play started happening more in their half rather than ours.

The problem then was that after the 5 mins when it was no longer working, we continued to do it. That was pure stupidity.

skybluejelly

0-0 or 1-0 if reda plays .. attendance 6993..its gradually getting lower each game just the hardcore left now.. soon to be the super hardcore ... and then just the (loyal supporters in block 15)

speedie87

Team for today

I'd go as follows

Allsop
Phillips
Webster
Reda
Haynes
Obrien
Thomas
Barton
Fleck
Nouble
Madine

SkyBlue_Bear83

Notts County are missing there best 3 players through international duty and have another few out with injury.

Id be disappointed with anything less than 3 points tbh

LJC_CCFC

Notts are an example of how shit this league is, a squad of inexperienced youth and players not wanted by better league one clubs. Credit to Derry of course, but in reality they should be in the relegation zone.

Why on earth is the England game playing at 5.00pm - why not, say 5.30pm gives us live footy followers time to get home to see match - is it too much to ask ??

pw362

Notts are an example of how shit this league is, a squad of inexperienced youth and players not wanted by better league one clubs. Credit to Derry of course, but in reality they should be in the relegation zone.
That's a description of our squad according to some on here

aloisiwouldhavescored

I am going for 2-1 to us, with Madine and Nouble both scoring. Inevitable we will have to concede one goal, Wednesday is the first time for ages we have kept a clean sheet. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread