Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (2 Viewers)

wingy

And according to GPS their energy is holding up .

Garryb80

Cowley definitely got excuses in early. Apparently having an unavailable stadium is not a good reason to play a day earlier. They only have 19 players and we have 30 apparently... so expect tiredness and the victim card to be played if we win..true west ham he is indeed

Tommo72

Quite like Cowley tbh, always complimentary about Cov and seems a genuinely nice guy. He has done an excellent job there and he will have bigger fish to fry in the future.

Londonccfcfan

Thought this myself, not entirely sure if MR will but this is a game suited to Tom Davies to usher Matt Rhead around the Ricoh.

Willis and Mcdonald together concerns me a slightly despite how well they’ve done against Akinfenwa with Mcdonald twice looking after him this season. Rhead already this season has gave Jordan Willis the slip from a cross but I’d prefer to keep him in to cope with Matt Green.

Tough one to call as Lincoln been playing 433 lately

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davies is an option, but will be more likely to be brought in for Willis, but i dont think he will change it. Will definately be an option from the bench to shore it up if we are infront.

McDonald has the advantage of being a left sided centre back adds balence and is definitely the better passer of the ball compared to Willis and Davies.

Im going for two changes and change in formation line up. Bayliss in for JP.

McNulty, JCH
Shipley, Doyle, Kelly, Bayliss
Stokes, McDonald, Willis, Grimmer
Burge

12.5k biggest proper attendance in league this season. Not including accrington.

4-2 , McNulty, Shipley, Kelly and Bayliss.

Otis

Davies is an option, but will be more likely to be brought in for Willis, but i dont think he will change it. Will definately be an option from the bench to shore it up if we are infront.

McDonald has the advantage of being a left sided centre back adds balence and is definitely the better passer of the ball compared to Willis and Davies.

McNulty, JCH
Burge

12.5k biggest proper attendance in league this season. Not including accrington.

I have a sneaky suspicion it will be the same line-up.

If there is any change I think it will just be the one, that of Davies for Rod.

Skybluenutterman

Anyone know how to watch via ifollow? I have VPN but unable to select a match choice via ifollow? Unable to make it tomorrow so need to watch somehow. Any help appreciated

Esoterica

Anyone know how to watch via ifollow? I have VPN but unable to select a match choice via ifollow? Unable to make it tomorrow so need to watch somehow. Any help appreciated
Go to Matches>Fixtures and choose the Live match Centre option for the Lincoln game and then the highlighted choice below:
upload_2018-4-23_20-53-14.png

rupert_bear

Draw suits both teams to be honest not saying they will both play for a draw but if it’s level after 70 minutes or so I think both teams will become very cautious.

johnwillomagic

I would be surprised if he does no go for same line up as last match - only thing maybe if he puts Bayliss back in for Shipley.

Think he will probably keep with 4-3-3 not entirely convinced but we have won two on the bounce with it,...

Burge
Grimmer
Haynes
Willis
Macdonald
Kelly
Shipley
Doyle
Ponticelli
JCH
McNulty

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, Stokes, Bayliss, Reid, Barrett, Biamou

Legia Sky Blue

Extra 2 points in my ratings if he does! 10 if does rhead too

Well if he does let's hope he is subtle about it as the last thing we need is to be playing with 10 men in such an important game. I would rather he got on trying to play his game rather than carry on some ancient vendetta.

Ricketts

Rumour going around that Bostwicks red card has been overturned. I have checked the FA site and it is still showing him suspended.

I reckon it is fake news by some twatter trying to get their following up

Last edited:

steve82

if he wa sour best defender why did he not start the season? also pretty sure hes been put back on bench once pre injury too

dont get me wrong, im not saying i dont like him or that he isnt best equipped to deal with certain cbs

i just dont like people never learning from their mistakes

willis is lightweight i want him out,rod is the best,davies is better
omg willis is injured we need him back,rod needs to be dropped

and soon it will be davies is a liability,we need rod starting

etc

Very unlike you to slip up...

He was in the starting side for a good few weeks consecutively with Rod McDonald on the bench till his broken collar bone at Forest Green.

One thing I do like about MR is his reluctance to drop one of his defenders just because a player is fit again as we’ve seen with Willis, Davis Hyam and Mcdonald. He’s been fair across the back line.

It’s been the riches of the side this season. 4 central defenders who all bring something different but can all equally do a solid job when on there game.

Gazolba

It’s not a must win but it is a must not lose...
And that's exactly how Robins will approach it.
The problem with a draw is we gain nothing on goal difference with Lincoln, which could end up being important.

steve82

I know a lot of people rave about Lincoln's managers, but I absolutely hate them.

They're a bunch of goons and they come across like some self-entitled bellends.

I hope we smash them.

I can't decide. Was previously a bit jealous because Cowley always gives really long pre and post match interviews and answers anything thrown at him. They are often around 10 minutes which is great when you consider that our offering is 90 seconds of Clive looking like the Dulux puppy with him just sat there licking Robins face. But recently I think Cowley has started to belief his own hype and just likes the sound of his own voice.

I quite admire the way the Cowley Bro’s go about there business and conduct themselves. Very grounded individuals who’ve achieved a lot in the game from grassroots of non league upwards into the pro game.
Several promotions and cup successes too.

There stock is on the rise, Lincoln will do well to keep them beyond another season should they fail to get promotion this year. Just a matter of time before the right job comes of interest to them.

They are the type of management I’d love to have here should MR leave but that’s a dream in reality in what they’ve achieved. They could take the right side on a real journey.

Championship or L1 is calling for them.

Mucca Mad Boys

McNulty, JCH
Burge

Rather strange comment to make about McDonald after he’s made a few howlers in the last 2 home games. Willis is head and shoulders our best defender.

For me, Bayliss in for JP and either Reid or Shipley on the wing. I fancy us for a 2-1 win.

Otis

Because this the City and we are who we are, I can see one of the following two scenarios arising.

1. We lose tonight and have to get a draw and a win out of our last two matches, causing widespread panic and fear we will miss out.

Or

2. We win, but then, only needing one more point, lose at Cheltenham on Saturday, leaving us having to get a draw in the last game. Just a draw right? Piece of piss.

You would think after a win we would all be believing, but a loss then on Saturday could bring all the doubts flooding back. This is the City.

Be typical of us to then go 1-0 down against Morecambe, last game of the season and City spend the rest of the match trying to batter down their resolute defensive backline. City fans, half watching the game, but also with ears cupped to radios trying to see how Mansfield are getting on.

On the other hand of course, it could be 0-0 bore draw tonight and then Mansfield totally cock it up on Saturday, gifting us the place. ;)

Somehow, I don't think it is all just going to be straightforwards.

Last edited:

Skybluenutterman

Because this the City and we are who we are, I can see one of the following two scenarios arising.

1. We lose tonight and have to get a draw and a win out of our last two matches, causing widespread panic and fear we will miss out.

Or

2. We win, but then, only needing one more point, lose at Cheltenham on Saturday, leaving us having to get a draw in the last game. Just a draw right? Piss of piss.

You would think after a win we would all be believing, but a loss then on Saturday could bring all the doubts flooding back. This is the City.

Be typical of us to then go 1-0 down against Morecambe, last game of the season and City spend the rest of the match trying to batter down their resolute defensive backline. City fans, half watching the game, but also with ears cupped to radios trying to see how Mansfield are getting on.

On the other hand of course, it could be 0-0 bore draw tonight and then Mansfield totally cock it up on Saturday, gifting us the place. ;)

Somehow, I don't think it is all just going to be straightforwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Be great to go into that last game with the place sealed and we could maybe give one or two fringe players a run out, the likes of Maycock and Camwell and Finn etc., but I'm just not sure that will be the case.

Will be exciting though at the same time to go into the final game needing a point to be sure or a win giving us the tiniest hope of top 3.

Ricketts

I quite admire the way the Cowley Bro’s go about there business and conduct themselves. Very grounded individuals who’ve achieved a lot in the game from grassroots of non league upwards into the pro game.
Several promotions and cup successes too.

There stock is on the rise, Lincoln will do well to keep them beyond another season should they fail to get promotion this year. Just a matter of time before the right job comes of interest to them.

They are the type of management I’d love to have here should MR leave but that’s a dream in reality in what they’ve achieved. They could take the right side on a real journey.

Championship or L1 is calling for them.

The pre-match interview did sound like they were interviewing for the job.

Big club, great fans etc.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Rather strange comment to make about McDonald after he’s made a few howlers in the last 2 home games. Willis is head and shoulders our best defender.

For me, Bayliss in for JP and either Reid or Shipley on the wing. I fancy us for a 2-1 win.

Nah not strange at all, Mcdonald apart from 2 howlers one which wasnt completely his fault. I dont remember the third howler recently? Do enlighten us?

Willis for me is the best defender at the club agree there. But his distribution is still awfull. Rod is easily the most comfortable on the ball of them.

In a way we are very lucky to have 3 very good central defenders all with very much different attributes. When someones been injured the others have stepped up.

Users who are viewing this thread