Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

I’ll be honest, even if he is available in the summer I don’t think we should go chasing Waterfall.

That's not a great song. The other one is though.

Ashdown

Hope to see a City goal tonight, last two home games I've been we've lost 1 nil thanks to a goalkeeping howler !

jordan210

Tickets purchased. Working from the office today so thats some of the trip broken up.

Hopefully we win so the long drive home isn't too bad.

Might put a bet on Lincoln as I never win bets !

Nick

Administrator
I actually liked that, added something different to the atmosphere.
Not sure what but added something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look out for me tonight

Smart-White-Blue-Plane-Aircraft-Aeroplane-Airplane-Mascot-Costume-Fancy-Dress-With-White-Fuselage-Long-Thin.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

I know "this is a big game" is bandied about all the time so it has become pretty mundane and meaningless, but this is a big game.

The winner of this fixture more or less guarantees a playoff spot and I agree, it is a 'big game'. That said, a draw suits both teams well so common sense tells me (when it comes to CCFC my common sense goes out the window) that this will end in a draw. With Cheltenham and Morecambe left to play, I think we'll secure playoffs regardless of the result though.

Gazolba

<snip>

If we win today. I think one eye will be clearly on 3rd place. As we will have practically sealed play offs.
You guys talking about 3rd place are really clutching at straws!
We are 7 points behind Wycombe, 6 behind Exeter and 5 behind Notts Co.
All three clubs have better recent form than us.
Exeter are unbeaten in the last 5 and Notts Co have won 3 on the trot.
We are the only team in the top 7 to have lost 2 recent games.
If we beat Lincoln, we only just move up one place.
Even if we win all our remaining games it's a very slim chance and someone else would have to really screw up.

Last edited:

Otis

There's still nowt at all to say Bostwick's card has been rescinded. Nothing on Lincoln City NewsNow, nothing on Lincoln City's Twitter, or their Lincoln City offal either.

Surely we would know by now, so I think that earlier comment that is had must have been bull.

M

Martw

Up from Suffolk for this one, got tickets at 3 - expected crowd as of then was 11,000 (inc away fans)

Grendel

We do have the biggest support in the sense we have the highest league 2 home average this season which is likely to increase further with the two remaining games we have likely to be decent attendances. We have the best home average, despite it being our worst home average in something like 60 years. A sad reflection on where we are.

It's irrelevant though, especially when the ground is largely empty. I don't buy the atmosphere thing though, it's bollocks frankly. The atmosphere at just about every league 2 ground I have visited this season has been shite. The Ricoh is often no exception - although games like Notts County, Wycombe, Luton, Stevenage were all decent - certainly better than anything I have experienced away from home.

I do agree teams don't fear the place. If anything, despite it being division 4 and largely empty, many players will see it as the biggest stage to play on in this league and will raise their game.

Don't like the Ricoh, never will, but our home record is such that it is clearly not much of a handicap.

We have only got the biggest support for the same reason Accrington are the average biggest home crowd for teams when they play them

skyblueinBaku

There's still nowt at all to say Bostwick's card has been rescinded. Nothing on Lincoln City NewsNow, nothing on Lincoln City's Twitter, or their Lincoln City offal either.

Surely we would know by now, so I think that earlier comment that is had must have been bull.
Just looked on the FA website, and it's not showing him as suspended. Maybe I'm not driving the site properly.

Grendel

Otis

You are right. His name has been removed from earlier. Guess he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't make sense to me. If he plays, he plays, but don't get why it would be overturned.

Yeah, it was a soft foul, but that's like saying 'it can't be a penalty ref, because I only tripped him in the box a little bit.'

He pulls the player back. Odd if it's overturned, but we just have to do what we have to do ourselves tonight.

Great_Expectations

I don’t know much about Rhead other than the fact he is reportedly an old fashioned target man. If so, I’d drop McDonald, he’s not been the same player the last few weeks and I’ve seen him (and Willis) get bullied too many times this season. I’d keep Willis in as his pace is an asset, especially at this level. Davies is a very good defender and wins everything in the air. Granted we lose an element of distribution from the back, but as long as the midfield do their job it shouldn’t matter too much.

I’d also bring back Bayliss for Shipley, simply as he is a better player and in such a significant game; you play your best players.

I would also be tempted to bring Biamou back for Ponticelli, although that may be a little harsh.

I really hope MR sets the players up to press and get into the Lincoln players faces They’ll be feeling the pressure too, and whatever your view of the Ricoh, it’s the best stadium the majority of players in this league have (and potentially will) play in. Attendance and atmosphere should also be good tonight.

We need our key players to step up from the offset today, those who have experience for higher levels and/or are better than L2 at least on paper, need to show that tonight. The likes of McNulty, JCH, Doyle, Willis, Bayliss, Kelly (ish).

2-0, McNulty and JCH. 10k attendance.

Otis

I don’t know much about Reid other than the fact he is reportedly an old fashioned target man. If so, I’d drop McDonald, he’s not been the same player the last few weeks and I’ve seen him (and Willis) get bullied too many times this season. I’d keep Willis in as his pace is an asset, especially at this level. Davies is a very good defender and wins everything in the air. Granted we lose an element of distribution from the back, but as long as the midfield do their job it shouldn’t matter too much.

I’d also bring back Bayliss for Shipley, simply as he is a better player and in such a significant game; you play your best players.

I would also be tempted to bring Biamou back for Ponticelli, although that may be a little harsh.

I really hope MR sets the players up to press and get into the Lincoln players faces They’ll be feeling the pressure too, and whatever your view of the Ricoh, it’s the best stadium the majority of players in this league have (and potentially will) play in. Attendance and atmosphere should also be good tonight.

We need our key players to step up from the offset today, those who have experience for higher levels and/or are better than L2 at least on paper, need to show that tonight. The likes of McNulty, JCH, Doyle, Willis, Bayliss, Kelly (ish).

Agree on Davies. Much better header of the ball than McDonald and more commanding, though Rod is better on the deck.

Tommo72

I don’t know much about Rhead other than the fact he is reportedly an old fashioned target man. If so, I’d drop McDonald, he’s not been the same player the last few weeks and I’ve seen him (and Willis) get bullied too many times this season. I’d keep Willis in as his pace is an asset, especially at this level. Davies is a very good defender and wins everything in the air. Granted we lose an element of distribution from the back, but as long as the midfield do their job it shouldn’t matter too much.

10k attendance? How u get to that lol?

That would mean prob less than 7k home fans when there was over 8500 Cov on Friday. Expect over 11k.

Users who are viewing this thread