Match Thread Coventry v Shrewsbury Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sorry to hear it, hope he gets better soon!

Will they let him listen to it?
I might be missing too. :(

Will be the first ever opening league home game I have ever missed.

Had an operation on my foot yesterday. Still hoping I can make it, but not sure I'll be able to.

Might be next time out for me too.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks all for the well wishes. I'll smuggle a radio in so we can hear it - he's already got his flag.

Get well soon, Otis!
Do they not have the internet or anything in there to put sky blue player on?

mrtrench

Had an operation on my foot yesterday. Still hoping I can make it, but not sure I'll be able to.

If unable to walk there could you hop on a bus?

Brylowes

Really looking forward to this, just about to set off so hopefully the roads are clear,
The lad is absolutely bouncing he's been up since 4.30.
I have to say I get perverse sense of satisfaction, knowing I've successfully passed
On years of heartache and disappointment ;)
2-0 and JOB to be sent off for whining.

Otis

If unable to walk there could you hop on a bus?
My wife can drop me off. It's just all the stairs I think I will have a problem with.

Going to go for a little walk this morning to see how it feels.

No pain at all at the moment, but I just walked up the stairs the bathroom and that gave me some pain.

It's the steps that is my main concern, but you never know, I might just make it.

Look out for a guy in his slippers!! ;)

theferret

Really looking forward to this, just about to set off so hopefully the roads are clear,
The lad is absolutely bouncing he's been up since 4.30.
I have to say I get perverse sense of satisfaction, knowing I've successfully passed
On years of heartache and disappointment ;)
2-0 and JOB to be sent off for whining.

Safe journey. Nothing more pleasurable than seeing your lad so excited for a game. Mine has been up and in his city kit since 7.00am.

Otis

I got the 'hop' but thought you meant it too, cos I can't drive.

I know that for certain because I just tried and nearly crashed the car into an old lady on a mobility scooter! ;)

christonabike

To those who are going, to those who are poorly, and to those who will be hugging a radio somewhere....
Lets get the first 3 points on the board and enjoy a great day. PUSB everyone!!!
54886567_zps4ardt17u.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Otis, could you ask the stewards to seat you in one of the disability areas, there won't be any need to climb stairs then. I would think that given the attendance, there will be spaces available

Good thinking, if you are in a cast or something I can't see why not.

bawtryneal

My wife can drop me off. It's just all the stairs I think I will have a problem with.

Going to go for a little walk this morning to see how it feels.

No pain at all at the moment, but I just walked up the stairs the bathroom and that gave me some pain.

It's the steps that is my main concern, but you never know, I might just make it.

Look out for a guy in his slippers!! ;)

Happy to give you a piggy back to your seat Otis, if that helps.
I am in Block 20

MatthewWallis

Charles-Cook
Willis
Ricketts
Harries
Rose
Gzadhev
Stevenson
Page/Haynes
Jones
Tudgay
Lameiras

Don't know if he will stick with Haynes after his performance on Tuesday or play Page.

3-0 Cov :)

stupot07

Anybody want to have a bash at predicting the lineup ?
I think he might go:
----------------------RCC
-----------Willis--Ricketts-Harries
Rose----Ghadzev---Stevenson-----Page
--------Jones-----Sordell----Thomas

Presuming sordells fit, i thibk he wilk come straight back in. Got a feeling Reid isn't quite ready yet, and he can use the 120 minutes as an excuse to leave out Lamieres and Haynes. Regardless of what the fans think, Mowbray seems to like Thomas. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if he left him out either.

Think we have to acknowledge albeit a great win and 2nd half/extra time performance on Tuesday, it was Pompey's reserve side.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

I would stick with the same team as Tuesday, bar Jones for Thomas. By all accounts Reid isn't fully fit so bring him on for whomever of the three strikers isn't performing at 55:60 minutes.

I'm unconvinced on Haynes overall, especially defensively, but he deserves to keep his place after Tuesday, regardless of the oppositions standard. It's frustrating as I'm keen to see Page play - shame he isn't a RWB.

2-0 City - Rubén and Jones.

Side note - I hope nobody embarrasses themselves by cheering JOB if he scores.

Otis

Happy to give you a piggy back to your seat Otis, if that helps.
I am in Block 20

Otis, could you ask the stewards to seat you in one of the disability areas, there won't be any need to climb stairs then. I would think that given the attendance, there will be spaces available

Good thinking, if you are in a cast or something I can't see why not.
Thanks for all the offers! Nope, I am going of my own accord. Will just take it easy up the steps.

No plaster, just bandages!!

Look out for a bloke in Homer Simpson extra large slippers! ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Should have said Otis I could have come and picked you and we could have arranged to carry you in like some sort of leader.

Ashdown

Still hopping you can make it too.

D

Deleted member 2477

0-2 loss tm to be gone by xmas when he gets the oportunity to jump off the sinking ship

chiefdave

2-1 to us. Jones and Reid coming off the bench to get the winner.

Reckon it'll be the same team as midweek except starting Jones instead of Thomas.

James Smith

Hoping for a good convincing win today. I'll settle for 1-0 but would like it to be a bit more loaded in our favour. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread