Match Thread Coventry v Sheff Utd Match Thread - Thursday 15th Dec (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

if the bookies are offering this then they're taking the piss.
Not quite..
Thursday 15th December 2016 9:45
SS_1.png
Coventry (10/3) Draw (13/5) Sheffield Utd (19/20)

Otis

Whilst I am not confident about Thursday it's still only Sheffield United.
Tis, but at the moment we are seemingly leagues apart.

We have problem areas all over the pitch and I would say that this is the most crucial January transfer window coming up I can ever recall.

We have to do some very, very good business this time round or we look doomed.

We have a fragility about us and look weak. Leaking goals for fun and not scoring. We are well short of a side ready to make a real good fist of it in this league at the moment.

stupot07

The odds are depressing.

250/1 to be promoted
80/1 for a top 6 finish
9/1 top half finish
1/25 bottom half finish

The good news
5/4 relegation
8/13 to stay up

Edit. Must have chosen the wrong option, its 1/25 bottom half finish :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Knowing our luck we will get that same ref as last year at their place on sky.
He should have never referee'd a game again after That assault on Lameiras!
I'm going 0-3.

ccfcway

"My prediction: some half-arsed protest by two or three Cov fans"

spot on. We should be united in our protest and we aren't. If Sheff Utd fans genuinely thought we would be storming the pitch and the game would be abandoned, they wouldn't be going. Reality is, one or two will do it (if any at all) and the game will then continue.

We cant get annoyed at other clubs fans laughing at us. This is what we have become

D

Deleted member 2477

I agree mate we are like a ruderless ship with several different groups all arguing about whats best.
We should have learnt from charlton but unfortunately didnt and I have to question what the sbt purpose is

Otis

"My prediction: some half-arsed protest by two or three Cov fans"

spot on. We should be united in our protest and we aren't. If Sheff Utd fans genuinely thought we would be storming the pitch and the game would be abandoned, they wouldn't be going. Reality is, one or two will do it (if any at all) and the game will then continue.

We cant get annoyed at other clubs fans laughing at us. This is what we have become
Thing is, don't know about you, but for me I am already laughing at us myself anyway, so other fans laughing at us doesn't bother me at all anymore.

We are not pretending we are no good, we know we are no good. We know we are a joke. Can't see how other fans laughing at us too is going to make us feel any worse than we already do ourselves.

Grendel

We are playing Sheffield United not Barcelona. A defeat is the most likely result but a draw or victory is not impossible

ccfcway

I have to question what the sbt purpose is

If they announced the "programme of protest" in theory it would tick all boxes

If they said "Sheff utd was a stay away and sing at the statue", next home game was a pack the place and sing Sky Blues Song, next was to gather outside bricks and clean them up, etc etc, people may decide to get fully on board.

D

Deleted member 2477

We are playing Sheffield United not Barcelona. A defeat is the most likely result but a draw or victory is not impossible
I take it grendel you havnt watched us for the last couple of games. We are shit and looking odds on for relegation. Even our so called manager has reverted to slating the team

ccfcway

Thing is, don't know about you, but for me I am already laughing at us myself anyway, so other fans laughing at us doesn't bother me at all anymore..

yep, when not at the game, Just sit there on match days now, listen to offal and don't even react when we concede. sad state of affairs.

theferret

I will put my neck on the line and say we will get a result. Bad as we are, and despite our prospects looking more bleak by the day, we'll still pick up the odd win, more than likely at home, so why not Thursday? Fuck it, I might even put some money on it.

Grendel

I take it grendel you havnt watched us for the last couple of games. We are shit and looking odds on for relegation. Even our so called manager has reverted to slating the team

It still doesn't make a victory as unlikely as has been suggested.
I remember many occasions of being written off but still winning. The league is not predictable at all.

Grendel

yep, when not at the game, Just sit there on match days now, listen to offal and don't even react when we concede. sad state of affairs.

I've noticed. You just pollute the match day thread with their inane posts.

Paxman II

Put another way. Sheff.Utd are 3 points off the top. They come here on top form. They are expecting a win.
We on the other hand are in disarray. Rudderless with out a manager. Injuries to key players.
If we win then there will be questions about the last five defeats.

Astute

It still doesn't make a victory as unlikely as has been suggested.
I remember many occasions of being written off but still winning. The league is not predictable at all.
Ah yes I remember them days.

When we had a manager who knew what he was doing. Played a system that worked. Played strikers that could score. Defenders that could defend as a unit. We even played players where they were best. Experienced players that could help the couple of young players.

Do I need to go on Grendel?

Gazolba

My number one tactic would be to get all shots between the goal posts and under the bar. In other words, make their GK have to make a save.
And please rush in and follow-up for GK spills or rebounds.
In other words, the most basic stuff they teach you at 10 years old but which our players have not learned yet.

Otis

My number one tactic would be to get all shots between the goal posts and under the bar. In other words, make their GK have to make a save.
And please rush in and follow-up for GK spills or rebounds.
In other words, the most basic stuff they teach you at 10 years old but which our players have not learned yet.
When are you free and available to take up the post?

stevefloyd

Thing is, don't know about you, but for me I am already laughing at us myself anyway, so other fans laughing at us doesn't bother me at all anymore.

We are not pretending we are no good, we know we are no good. We know we are a joke. Can't see how other fans laughing at us too is going to make us feel any worse than we already do ourselves.
Laugh with them..we win...get angry they win

stevefloyd

Makes me laugh people are condemning him for slating the team but isn't that what we do on here

NortonSkyBlue

I am delighted to say that I will be attending the game on Thursday and all games until after the Bolton game. I first saw Coventry City V Sheffield United in what I remember as our first saturday home game in Division 1 in 1967 and it was a draw. I would take that now but I also note we have rather a good home record recently against the blades.
I am not optimistic but all I ever ask for is pride in wearing the Sky Blue shirt.

oucho

As usual I will predict a City win. A run of defeats by definition has to end sooner or later, so why not now?

Also, as I pointed out to a mate of mine, it's all set up to be a big upset!

2-1 the City and a bit of pre-Christmas cheer all round. Besides when was the last time we lost 6 league games in a row? For that matter, when was the last time we lost 5 league games in a row???

lifeskyblue

No I won't be booing fleck either. A good player that somehow we never saw the best of. For me the best midfielder we have had in recent years.
As for the result...head says a loss by 2 or 3 but heart says football has a way of delivering big surprises and upsets. This league is very competitive and bottom can beat top.
Just hope as others have said that I leave the ground feeling the team gave their all and I can feel some pride return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't get this. Craig Bellamy yes, that was justified. But Fleck?

Whilst he didn't set the world alight, he was hardly a w*nker whilst he was here...

A bloke who played within him self every week, I thought he had a lot of talent but was unfit and a player who hid in games and never performed in the second half of games

Otis

As usual I will predict a City win. A run of defeats by definition has to end sooner or later, so why not now?

Also, as I pointed out to a mate of mine, it's all set up to be a big upset!

2-1 the City and a bit of pre-Christmas cheer all round. Besides when was the last time we lost 6 league games in a row? For that matter, when was the last time we lost 5 league games in a row???
When's the last time we had a team as weak as this? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread