Match Thread Coventry v Port Vale Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Mar (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Would still go for a young team that will be here next year:

RCC
DiKE Willis Turnbull Stokes
Stevenson Reilly (we don't have a DM who is here next year)
DeKE G Thomas Jones
Ponticelli

Three young players who have scored goals at some level this season. Marcus Tudgay has had something like 9 shots all year IIRC, Beavon isn't a goal scorer. Need to try something. If it doesn't work then you can throw Reid or Vernham or whoever on.

tom88

RCC
DeKE G Thomas Jones
Ponticelli

Three young players who have scored goals at some level this season. Marcus Tudgay has had something like 9 shots all year IIRC, Beavon isn't a goal scorer. Need to try something. If it doesn't work then you can throw Reid or Vernham or whoever on.

You do realise Reilly isn't our player don't you?

covcity4life

RCC
DeKE G Thomas Jones
Ponticelli

is reilly really a dm? plays more box to box and seems to struggling with increased passing since slade left. i would play bigi,gadzhev or even finch with stevenson. in summer robins can buy a proper DM

Joelly

Why is everyone so obsessed with Ponticelli?

Yes he has been scoring goal for the u18s but that doesn't mean he will come in and instantly score goals in the first team. It will probably damage his confidence as fans start getting on his back after the first blank.

He will get his chance when he is good enough, decided by the manager who sees him train and play regularly.

Nick

Administrator

Yes he has been scoring goal for the u18s but that doesn't mean he will come in and instantly score goals in the first team. It will probably damage his confidence as fans start getting on his back after the first blank.

He will get his chance when he is good enough, decided by the manager who sees him train and play regularly.

Probably the fact he can run properly already means he is better than our other strikers ;)

covcity4life

because none of our strikers can score

sordell had 7 and slade sold him. dont think anyone has overtaken him yet?!

Nick

Administrator
Our strikers are appalling thats a fair point, I just dont think this is the situation a 17 year old needs

I dont think he would get pressure, the fans are unhappy at the lack of passion and effort which is the basic stuff any player should give.

its a buzzard

I dont think he would get pressure, the fans are unhappy at the lack of passion and effort which is the basic stuff any player should give.
Exactly this. What's the point continuing with players who've demonstrated that they can't hit a barn door with a banjo? If youngsters are brought in and they put the effort in, I'm sure the vast majority of fans will back them. If we can't score goals, we'll be going home from Wembley disappointed.

Nick

Administrator
It'll feel chilly up there tonight, wrap up!

giphy.gif

no_loyalty

Doing the double over Port Vale would be one of our highlights of the season

Great_Expectations

For the first time in ages I was genuinely deliberating whether to go, especially as I had the chance to play myself tonight.

I must be one of those idiot fans who support the team regardless.

trevelfarandwide

Port Vale are fighting to survive, and doing a semi decent job of it too, no way can we get a point off them.

2-0 Vale.

Liquid Gold

I can already start to feel my Burge anger creeping up on me. Surely he won't be played again will he, no way, can be, just can't, please.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I'm going to photoshop a Witch's hat onto burge and print it out.

On second thoughts, maybe a Wizard's Sleeve.

Reactions: vow

dongonzalos

................RCC...............
DKE....Willis....Harries.....Stokes
...........Stevenson..Reilly..............
Jones...............................Haynes
..................Beavon......................
............Thomas/Pont (half each)

trevelfarandwide

Have to see some/a lot of changes from MR tonight, the usual rent-a-jobbers are becoming a tedious annoyance.

RCC - DKE Willis Harries Stokes - Jones Reilly Stevenson Lameiras G Thomas - K Thomas.

I'd stick Ruben behind K Thomas, and switch G Thomas and Jones on the flanks intermittently. Need more creativity through the middle today. Still gonna lose, naturally.

skyblue1991

Tonight will confirm our relegation.

EDIT: just checked, not officially tonight but Saturday.
Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Here we go again.
Hope we leave the game with a smile.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread