Match Thread Coventry v Northampton Match Thread - Saturday 27th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Northampton match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
It will be a big test to see how fired up the players are and how they bounce back.

Surely Jones and Sordell are back?

oucho

I'm going for a 2-0 home win....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We'll fly out the blocks get a quick 2-0 lead and Northampton will
Have to chase they'll chip away but we'll chip away back in a 7 goal thriller!!

AFCCOVENTRY

If we don't get a win against them at the weekend we are in big boo boo.

It's going to be the same team again. Turnbull will come in for Harries.

Sordell, Jones, Rose are injured. Don't think we will see Sordell and Jones till September and Rose is out till Nov.

Nick

Administrator
Games like this need a Dennis Wise player to grab the game by the bollocks and get everyone up for it. Gets the crowd going too!:D

Exactly, somebody needs to come out and show a bit of passion and put some tackles in.

It is amazing how much the crowd can change after a bit of a scuffle.

AFCCOVENTRY

Also with Northampton beating WBA and is losing to Norwich...one team is riding high including last seasons promotion and the other team is just stuck in a rut.

ClarkeZ

Jones and Sordell not 100% fit, I don't want to be overly pessimistic but im struggling to see how we are going to win games at the moment.

oucho

Hey Oucho.
For your Norwich prediction you said........
"Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we go there and notch up a win!";)
Hope you're right though.
I'm always one for predicting a win because either we look very likely to win (remember those days??) or we look like we'd lose and it's just like Cov to go and win when we all expect to lose!

lord_garrincha

If you were looking at the coupon, and Team A was at home to Team B, with the stats being:

Team B unbeaten since January;
Team A struggling to score but not struggling to concede.

Would most be looking to back Team B at a decent price???

Hopefully, we can pick up three points (relying on Agyei heavily) but if we lose by a couple, then I can see a few of the casuals ganging up to voice their displeasure.

no_loyalty

Men behind the ball, counter attacking 1-0 win

stevefloyd

Its sad that once again we are reliant on a kid upfront... plenty of pressure on him and if he don't score regularly the pressure may be too much for him...Desperately need TM to get a bloody leader from somewhere, the team although we have usually the majority of possession need someone to lead on the pitch and kick the fucking slackers up the jacksy and try to get more out of them

oucho

Its sad that once again we are reliant on a kid upfront... plenty of pressure on him and if he don't score regularly the pressure may be too much for him...Desperately need TM to get a bloody leader from somewhere, the team although we have usually the majority of possession need someone to lead on the pitch and kick the fucking slackers up the jacksy and try to get more out of them
What's why it was so painful to lose Vincelot.

rupert_bear

Northampton have become a decent side and will be spurred on by a couple of thousand or so fans, we on the other hand are poor, poorly put together, no bite and just not up to it. Keep it level as long as possible there's always a chance but if they go ahead I fear the worst.

Otis

Northampton have become a decent side and will be spurred on by a couple of thousand or so fans, we on the other hand are poor, poorly put together, no bite and just not up to it. Keep it level as long as possible there's always a chance but if they go ahead I fear the worst.
TM's motivational skills need to come into play. He simply has to get the team fired up and hungry.

If he does that I see no reason why we can't get a victory.

Hopefully some reinforcements through the door too would be nice.

Hobo

We need a win....even if it is ugly.

dongonzalos

At the start of the season I was looking at this one for our first possible chance of a victory.
However on reflection I would now take a draw.
Bring in September and two more gustanteed first teamers before then.

rupert_bear

I think we need more than two newbies, forward line not provern yet, defence no right back don't care what Mowbray says and the weakest midfield I think I've seen here for years. Don't think the manager has a clue as to his best team or how it lines up

Sky Blue Harry H

Having Stokes, Rose, Sordell and Jones all crocked is a huge blow - all first team starters - for me it's why we're on the back foot at the moment. Put them on the pitch with 2 or 3 newbies and I'd be confident. Think because they are crocked , it will lead to TM going for extra bodies (e.g. 4 x poorer players rather than 2 x better quallity) Also - Ido think this is where SISU should help TM out by offering extra funds to deal with our injury situation; but I think we all know what will (not) happen - shysters

oucho

Having Stokes, Rose, Sordell and Jones all crocked is a huge blow - all first team starters - for me it's why we're on the back foot at the moment. Put them on the pitch with 2 or 3 newbies and I'd be confident. Think because they are crocked , it will lead to TM going for extra bodies (e.g. 4 x poorer players rather than 2 x better quallity)

The problem is that there isn't enough strength in dept. I have been saying until I am blue in the face that we need 2 SENIOR players for every position, and throw in the youngsters like Stevenson and DKE and Harries as extras. Instead we're using a bunch of kids to put out a matchday squad.

I do not blame SISU for the way Tm has recruited. He has released players not up to his standards like Phillips and Martin in the expectation he can bring in better players; fair enough. Then he's "bided his time" while all the other clubs have hoovered up the best players in time for pre-season. We've been caught cold, scratching round for loannees and discarded players to make up our squad.
For me, we are only now feeling the downside of having so many loans and short term deals last season; we let 18 players leave at the end of last season - OK some of them were awful like Ramage but others would have been worth keeping purely for squad continuity / "gelling" and backup purposes. Instead, we're basically having to start again from scratch. It feels like we're no further on than when TM walked through the door 18 months ago.

higgs

Bad planning with how Philips and Martin finished the season they world have been worth retaining on a 1yr deal on reduced terms to have some strength in depth. No way should vincelot have been sold to a rival we needed his leadership and warrior spirit in the middle. Fair enough if he had a replacement lined up who was better but I don't expect we will be signing a holding midfielder any time soon unless lawton can do that job when he's fit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread