Match Thread Coventry v MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 26th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v MK Dons match, tactics and predictions :)

oucho

after three league defeats in a row, do we have to???

Pipehitterz

When we took off Agyei last night we had 9 of the 11 as our own players.
This is what I want from here to Xmas, and the aggressiveness of the second half should be the blueprint of these players.
I'll take loses all day Long if we show the spirit of the second half last night.
Hard to say but I think the formation was roughly 451
Probably the most effective chance Venus has made since he took over

Pipehitterz

Ffs just noticed who is out
Okay mcbean to start down the middle
Lameiras to start as Wing back with 3 across the back?
Either that or page Harries turnbull Willis flat back 4
Lameiras /Jones Bigi Stevenson Reid
Gadzeiv
Mcbean

451 with a bit of attacking midfielder Gad helping out mcbean?

coop

We have won 11 league games out of the last 41 so we had better find a formula to win games fast or league 2 beckons.I can't see us winning again this side of Christmas we are very poor can't score,make stupid mistakes to concede soft goals 2-0 loss.

Pipehitterz

We have won 11 league games out of the last 41 so we had better find a formula to win games fast or league 2 beckons.I can't see us winning again this side of Christmas we are very poor can't score,make stupid mistakes to concede soft goals 2-0 loss.
We played very well for last half hour yesterday.
I was impressed
I can assume it was 451 then 442 nearer the end when we were turning the screw.
We were very unlucky not to score

I want this style of play, this style of play will get us more wins than losses IMO

coop

We played very well for last half hour yesterday.
I was impressed
I can assume it was 451 then 442 nearer the end when we were turning the screw.
We were very unlucky not to score

I want this style of play, this style of play will get us more wins than losses IMO
I can't comment as I wasn't there but it has to improve very quickly starting with Saturday.

fernandopartridge

I'd start 4-2-3-1 (4-3-3)

Burge
Kelly Evans
Willis
Turnbull
Page
Gadzhev
Stevenson
Lameiras
Bigi
Reid
McBean

Subs
G Thomas
Maycock
Kelly Evans
Harries
Jones

Gadzhev might work better as a sitting midfielder. Bigi showed energy and enough to suggest he can play slightly more advanced. I wouldn't start Jones as think he could be more effective from the bench. No point in playing either Wright or Agyei, not our players and not showing anything that makes them worthy of playing instead of players we own.

Paul Anthony

Really a game that should be looking to win, this. If the team can apply the same effort they put in against Bolton in the second half last night, it could be possible. The big worry is that Sterry and Sordell are out, and I think that leaves us even shorter in terms of taking our chances than we already are. Of course,the form table says Dons are struggling big time. I always worry when we play teams like that is when they seem to suddenly and temporarily find some form!

CCFC88

We aren't very poor, we went toe to toe with expectant league winners away from home after a hammering just 3 days before and deserved at least a point, we were dominant for long periods against top of the league Scunthorpe. A totally out of sorts performance at Oxford but the way they bounced back last night shows there is some heart there.

We are not a very poor team, we will finish top half.

higgs

We aren't very poor, we went toe to toe with expectant league winners away from home after a hammering just 3 days before and deserved at least a point, we were dominant for long periods against top of the league Scunthorpe. A totally out of sorts performance at Oxford but the way they bounced back last night shows there is some heart there.

We are not a very poor team, we will finish top half.
I wish I had your optimism but unfortunately I can't see anything other than a relegation battle. Fair enough we came out of scunny and Bolton games with credit but still no points on the board in the 3 games and at the end of the day that's what matters

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

He will go with the experience of Tudgay forgetting that he is crap.

If Venus loses this game he needs to sack himself and get in a real manager

johnwillomagic

It has to be 4-4-2 please please please......

Burge GK
DKE RB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Page LB
Bigi CM
Stevenson CM
Reid LW
Rose if fit or Jones RW
Tudguy CF
Ageyi CF

Subs: RCC, Harries, Haynes, Gadhzev, Jones, G.Thomas, McBean

Tudguy and Ageyi one goal each to finally shut some up in a 2-1 victory.

Otis

We have to win. It is that simple.

Going for a 2-1.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

We are going to win bigly people!

We'll have all the goals, the best goals. Fantastic goals. You're going to ask "please, stop with the goals, we can't take it any more" and Venus will lean down and whisper "no".

0-0

stupot07

1-1 Turnbull, 8,451

Presuming rose is still out, I would go with this.

-----------------Burge
DKE----Willis----Turnbull--Page
------------bigi-----Ghad
-Lamieres-Thomas----Jones
----------------McBean

I'd give Stevenson a rest, although young the front 4 all bring different qualities, mcbeans hold up play, Thomas movement, Lamieres trickery and eye for a pass and Jones pace. And unlike a defensive 2 of bigi and Stevenson, Ghad will make third man runs into the box. Could swap Reid for Jones but I don't want to see Agyei or Wright anywhere near our starting line up tomorrow, but truth is Venus will likely play them both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

It has to be 4-4-2 please please please......

Burge GK
DKE RB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Page LB
Bigi CM
Stevenson CM
Reid LW
Rose if fit or Jones RW
Tudguy CF
Ageyi CF

Subs: RCC, Harries, Haynes, Gadhzev, Jones, G.Thomas, McBean

Tudguy and Ageyi one goal each to finally shut some up in a 2-1 victory.
Didn't know Venus posted on here

Gint11

Heart says we will be shit and scrape a 2-1 against a truely awful MK Dons team but head says we will play absolutely horrificly shit for 70 mins, play well for 20 and lose 0-1

Rory83

Confidence has taken a bit of a hammering lately, after it looked like we'd started to turn a corner.

This game has draw all over it, which isn't as bad as it sounds. We simply can't afford to lose. I'd go for two up top for this one, we all know we don't have the quality to play with just one. McBean could do a job, he gets stuck in and he's a bit different from what we've got.

ccfcrob

I'd start 4-2-3-1 (4-3-3)

Burge
Kelly Evans
Willis
Turnbull
Page
Gadzhev
Stevenson
Lameiras
Bigi
Reid
McBean

Subs
G Thomas
Maycock
Kelly Evans
Harries
Jones

Gadzhev might work better as a sitting midfielder. Bigi showed energy and enough to suggest he can play slightly more advanced. I wouldn't start Jones as think he could be more effective from the bench. No point in playing either Wright or Agyei, not our players and not showing anything that makes them worthy of playing instead of players we own.

But Play McBean, who also isn't one of our own

Users who are viewing this thread